US Election 2016, part III

Pidesco

My problem with Trump isn't him in and of himself, but rather the people that support him. He rose to political prominence on a platform of fascism and racism, and a scary percentage of the American population says that that is what they want for their country.

Look also at the Brexit vote, which instantly brought the racists out of the woodwork in the UK.

I hope you understand that Trump doesn't make "off color" comments. He makes straight up horrible statements as part of his political platform.

Calling Mexicans rapists and murderers is absolutely abhorrent and not an "off color comment"

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

My circle of friends is pretty small not counting the people I know on the internet. I'm still not convinced half of you are real  :lol: . By and large The folks at the VFW are supporting Trump. But that isn't because they like him. Far from it. It's because they dislike Hillary more. It's understandable. Democrats in general are a hard sell to veterans. The people I know at work are split 50-50 but again it is not so much support of one as intense dislike of the other. That is what led me to say this election will see more negative votes cast than any in our history. The one who is hated the least will be the 45th President. 

When they ask me who I'm voting for they say something to the effect of "I like him a lot but he can't win". And I tell them they are right but only because people think that.  

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Openly insulting a disabled person is enough for me. I expect basic human decency in a presidential candidate.

I suspect you've been disappointed for a long time now!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well the democrat convention released it's list of speakers and already someone is pissed off: http://ijr.com/2016/07/656814-blistering-letter-from-philly-police-has-clinton-camp-on-defense-over-dnc-speaker-lineup/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=partners&utm_campaign=bencarson&utm_term=prm6

In other news a new ad from Johnson/Weld: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsf03EaxUPE

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

Cops need to start being butthurt and requesting special snowflake attention. #AllJobsMatter

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

What are they going to do about it? Shoot someone?

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

What are they going to do about it? Shoot someone?

This made me laugh.  Seriously, I'm not one of those people who claims that someone who is an ass before he puts on a badge (or an armed forces uniform) is a saint after he does.  There are plenty of terrible cops and I think some unsavory personality types can sometimes be drawn towards police work.  However, I think they get short shrift sometimes.  Half the people want to put them on a pedestal and a good number of people want to pretend their enemy number one.  Cops provide an important function in society.  By the mass, I don't think they're out to get people.  Most of the ones I know personally have somewhat jaded views of race, and that includes cops of all colors and ethnicities.  However, I don't believe the statistics back up the idea that they're more likely to shoot black people than white.  If take everything in the aggregate, from % of population, % of criminal behavior and the like, I think it's pretty dangerous to be a white guy involved in an altercation with the police.  However, I do believe that black people are targeted more often for stops than white people and I've read that police are more likely to resort to physical coercion sooner in the form of punching or cuffing.  However, shooting?  A white cop stopping a seedy looking white guy is just as likely to shoot him if he makes a sudden move and there is evidence to suggest maybe even slightly more likely.  I'm not going to arse myself to look up internet statistics at the moment, but if I run across any of the info I'll post it here.

At least with Trump, u know where he stands and what his issues are. I really don't know what Hillary is about doing tbh. She was for the TPP but saw that mass amount of people don't like it so she flipped flopped but then picks a VP who is for the TPP. Seems like a scale goat so she can go after it and put the blame else where.

Can anyone tell me what exactly Hillary stances are? From the many ads I've seen, it's been bashing Trump but Trump at least puts ads out that shows what he wants to fix and change, whereas the only thing I've seen with Hillary is kids getting schooling.....kids are already get schooling and he'll even the illegal ones are as well and don't even have to pay for it.

How is what he says about illegals racist? The rapist comments, if anyone was paying attention was towards the citizens at the time who were coming forward about crimes happening to them and finding out that not only were the people illegal but also have been deported several times. He's speaking towards them because they spoke out because they were being silenced bc it's not a PC topic (meaning if it isn't a white person or a cop as a villain, the media doesn't care).

And talking about him being racist, when the media is democratic machine and they are the BIGGEST instigator of racism and hell I'd even say causing the mass majority of racist tension in the USA to the point where most people don't even believe the news half the time because everyone knows they have an agenda and will bend the story to their views they wanna push.

**** both parties, they both ****ing scum. At least I will back the person who at least is open about it and wanting to at least change something than someone who is blantant my obvious scum and pretending she isn't. Between 2 pieces of ****, I'm going with the one who actually has the balls to be themselves and lay it on the table. Whatever u say about trump, u can also look at the other party and see the same thing. Ones at least open, the other pretends that they aren't.

Because the demo rates really need their "racist victims" vote and will keep their voters in that position so they can always count on their votes.

Just my personal opinion.

I disagree with my esteemed board colleague redneckdevil. I have been voting for the lesser of two evils since my first presidential election I actually got to vote in in 1992. Small wonder that when voting for the lesser evil you are still electing evil. In this race there are three candidates on the ballot in all 50 states. My conscience forbids me from voting for Trump for several good reasons and hell will freeze solid before I ever cast a vote for the likes of Hillary Clinton. I like and believe in Gary Johnson despite his chances. So that makes my choice a simple one.  

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I can't remember if I posted this or not:

13654263_1752163568375683_47731388124531

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

"At least with Trump, u know where he stands and what his issues are."

Yeah man, he wants to build a great wall. Never mind the cost and logistics (let alone getting past Congress) and that it'll probably never be completed during his lifetime.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Openly insulting a disabled person is enough for me. I expect basic human decency in a presidential candidate.

What did he do?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Well... Trump mocks folks.  That's true.  He mocked McCain and claimed he wasn't a war hero.  He denied that he mocked the disabled reporter, but I think it's clear that he did.  He habitually ridicules, harangues, and derides his opponents.  He has made a series of questionable comments.  However, I still contend that people sometimes go overboard with their comments regarding anything from religion to race and that even over the top comments can be forgiven.  The problem with Trump isn't that he makes some provocative comments.  The problem is that he's a meanspirited bully.  It's politics.  Get used to mean spirited people.  Some of the 'enlightened' people around here act quite snarky about opposing views.  The term racism has become so diluted that it ceases to mean anything any more.

For example, my wife and I took her family to the Reagan library in Simi Valley earlier this month.  My father in law, noticing that the placards for the Vatican exhibit were all in both English and Spanish started complaining loudly about the illegal immigrants who won't learn English and flaunt the laws of our land.  It then, as it often does, went to a discussion of Mexican illegal immigration in general.  Now, a lot of people who don't know him would claim he's a horrible racist based on that one fact.  However, apart from the fact that I am, myself, Hispanic, my father in law has plenty of Mexican friends.  Yeah yeah, I know "some of his best friends are Mexican!"  "Racist code!"  Shut up and listen for a second.  The man lives in southern California.  Some of his dearest friends are ​Mexican.  Not only that, but I don't disagree with him that illegal immigration is a problem in the United States.  We should know who is coming and going in our country.  The howls I hear from the Europeans about terrible racist people in the US who want to define and enforce our immigration laws are laughable.  I'm for taking in immigrants, but following the proscribed process as detailed in the law.  Also, when people immigrate here for the purposes of staying permanently, they should obey the laws, honor their new country, and swear allegiance to the constitution.  Anyone who has a problem with that and thinks it's racist is a fool.

• Like 1

I disagree with my esteemed board colleague redneckdevil. I have been voting for the lesser of two evils since my first presidential election I actually got to vote in in 1992. Small wonder that when voting for the lesser evil you are still electing evil. In this race there are three candidates on the ballot in all 50 states. My conscience forbids me from voting for Trump for several good reasons and hell will freeze solid before I ever cast a vote for the likes of Hillary Clinton. I like and believe in Gary Johnson despite his chances. So that makes my choice a simple one.

I really really really really want to vote for Gary Johnson but I'm believing in what people say about throwing away ur vote. Yes I know if he gets a certain percentage, then future elections will get easier and better for independents, but this election is still between Trump and Clinton.

And between them 2, I'd go with Trump. They both gonna **** up and do something stupid, I see it as with trump if/when he does something it's gonna be obvious and out there and we would know about and be able to deal with it sooner. Hillary would still be ****ing up just as much as trump, but with her ud have to look and look hard and most likely won't know it until u see ur mills and jobs going away to another country.

tax returns

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

In TV-watching, Democrats vote “Game of Thrones” and Republicans skew “Supernatural”

US Democrats and Republicans might not agree on much during this highly contentious election season, but there is one thing they have in common: a fondness for the CW’s Supernatural.

The fantasy drama is a fan favorite among viewers on both ends of the political spectrum. The show, which has been renewed for a 12th season, was rated number one among Republicans who were asked to rank their favorite TV shows in an E-Poll Market Research survey. And it was the third-favorite among Democrats polled.
Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

At this point, I might actually vote for Crowley.  Why not have our demoniacs undiluted?  ...And Crowley is the epitome of the anti-PC candidate.  The series has gotten to be a drag for me personally, but Sheppard does a great job keeping things freshish.

Wasserman Schultz seemed to have already counted Sanders out of the race in a May 21 email, when there were still nine primaries to go.

“This is a silly story,” the chairwoman said. “He isn't going to be president.”

The chairwoman made her opinion clear about Sanders in an message concerning the candidate alleging that the party hadn’t been fair to him.

“Spoken like someone who has never been a member of the Democratic Party and has no understanding of what we do,” she said.

“It might may no difference, but for KY and WVA can we get someone to ask his belief,” DNC Chief Financial Officer Brad Marshall wrote. “Does he believe in a God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist.”

“AMEN,” DNC Chief Executive Officer Amy K. Dacey replied.

f-nkkim-a-20141015.jpg

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The narrative would make more sense if 2008 hadn't happened.  Hard to compare her to a dictator when she already got beat in the DNC by a freshman senator.

Also where is the hillary/kim jong face meld.  We have the technology!

Edited by Hurlshot

"Clinton is a guarantee that the next 4 years will look a lot like the last 8.  Trump is going to make America great for racists again."

Funny but Obama already did that. His  quote "He could have been my son." talking about someone simply based on the colour of their skin is pure racism.

I mean, it is like me claiming that Steve Nash 'could have been my brother' simply because he was white. LMAO  

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

There is a big hubbub this morning in the California Senate race to replace Barbra Boxer. There are two candidates, one is an black woman, the other is a Hispanic woman. If you look at their careers and voting positions they are practically interchangeable. Either would be a Barbra Boxer clone in the Senate. Obama endorsed the black one and now everyone is calling it racism. 

I don't pretend to know what is in Obama's mind so I can't say of it was or wasn't. But you'd think after this much time in politics he'd have learned when to keep his mouth shut to avoid a controversy. 

Thomas Sowell

tax returns.

tax returns. tax returns. tax returns.

any question from or regarding trump should get a two word response: tax returns.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)