What are you playing right now?

Am about 10 hours into Victor Vran. I am not impressed :( The gameplay is different enough to at least in this respect not to feel like a cheap Van Helsing rip off, but I found it fairly unresponsive. Too often Victor does not use the ability I want when I want because he is still finishing some animation or doing something else. Of course the monsters have far fewer limitations. If a thrall hulk wants to charge you, dodging out of the way will do very little, as he'll continue charging after you until he finally reaches you. That includes charging around corners all across the map - the special move does not stop until he hits, apparently. A lot of monsters are like that: spam damage just for spam's sake.

I have now turned down the volume. The attempt at a funny narrator has failed for me; I just find him annoying. Especially when they try to copy jokes from the Van Helsing games.

Not uninstalled yet, but disappointed and considering it.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Shadwen got a little harder in level 4, nothing really brutal, but a welcome increase in challenge.  The main difficulty is clearing the way for Lily to make it through the level.  Getting Shadwen to the end of the level is a piece of cake, but clearing the way for Lily is much trickier.  So many times I am in a situation where I could easily backstab a guard and make thing considerably easier for myself, but getting through with no blood on my hands requires a lot more patience and strategy.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Life is Strange which is pretty boring. 

See kids? This is why you shouldn't trust steam reviews.

Life is Strange was the first game I've seriously played from PC on my TV with gamepad. Actually liked it a lot because of this. I've seen it more like a tv show where I can run around a bit by myself and stuff, while sitting / lying on the couch. Most likely would have never finished it with sitting at my desktop.

Would have liked more games / stories like this, but couldn't find anything that gave me the same feels. Apparently the developers are now working on some action whatever vampire game, which I do not care about at all. What a shame.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I assume you know about them Lex, but Life is Strange is heavily influenced by Telltale's modern adventure titles - some of them are solid, like The Walking Dead season 1 and 2, The Wolf Among Us or the more comedic Borderlands game. 

Would have liked more games / stories like this, but couldn't find anything that gave me the same feels.

Try Tales from the Borderlands. Loader Bot is the best character I've seen in an adventure game recently.

There are also The Longest Journey games which are my favorite adventure games of all time.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I've played a few of the Telltale games, but for me it's not the same. Guess to a big part it was also this lol-emo and hipster stuff in Life is Strange. :>

Especially the music.

Borderlands isn't really my thing. Guess the first game totally burned me out on the setting.

If it can be played with gamepad, I'll check out The Longest Journey.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The Longest Journey can't be played with a pad, barring binding mouse via software like xpadder. It's a traditional adventure game. And while it's extremely well written, it is early 3d so while pre-rendered backgrounds are gorgeous, 3d models look terrible and the game doesn't even have particularly interesting puzzles for an adventure game. That being said, dat story man.

Then there's Dreanfall: The Longest Journey, which continues where The Longest Journey left off. This one is a lot prettier, a lot more polished and, to my great surprise, all I needed to do to get my 360 pad working was to enter options menu and configure controls. Writing and story are still quite epic.

Lastly, there's Dreamfall: Chapters which should be the end part of the trilogy. It follows the telltale-like structure a lot more, is fully playable on a pad, but budget restraints are visible at every corner. That's not to say it's bad tho, and Dreamfall really needed a conclusion.

Guess to a big part it was also this lol-emo and hipster stuff in Life is Strange. :>

Especially the music.

Dude, with or without gamepad, you DEFINITELY need to check The Longest Journey. It has that and a whole lot more. :)

The Longest Journey needs a mouse but the sequels(Dreamfall and Dreamfall Chapters) can be played using a gamepad. Though you could use Xpadder and play the first game with a gamepad too. You just need to map the buttons.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Almost have the Platinum trophy in Tales of Xillia. Only need to grind for two trophies.

Much less timeconsuming than Tales Of Xillia 2 Platinum. I am stuck at combat titles, because i am little bit clumsy sometimes with chainlinking :-(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Almost have the Platinum trophy in Tales of Xillia. Only need to grind for two trophies.

Much less timeconsuming than Tales Of Xillia 2 Platinum. I am stuck at combat titles, because i am little bit clumsy sometimes with chainlinking :-(
I don't know if I will go for ToX 2 platinum. I just got the one for ToX. Just started Tales of Graced f Future Arc, but I will not go for platinum in that either.

If it can be played with gamepad, I'll check out The Longest Journey.

Didn't really care for the Longest Journey, not particularly original, well written or interesting in terms of gameplay if you ask me. I played Torment immediately before so that may have coloured my perspective, but I was really not impressed.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I don't know if I will go for ToX 2 platinum. I just got the one for ToX. Just started Tales of Graced f Future Arc, but I will not go for platinum in that either.
Actually the ToG f Platinum was not that hard to get, just little bit time consuming. And ToX 2, well much more time consuming than the first part. At least for me. And some Battle Titles in ToX 2 are harder than Battle Trophies in SO4. So I will need somehow to train for that and reread some battle tutorials again :-(

I Took big break from gaming for some weeks, and watching Person of Interest series. In few days, I'll be at the end of season 5 and then I'll continue in another game. Probably I'll try after long time some shooter, to clear my mind from all the conspiracies in that series :-P

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Back to Salt & Sanctuary after an extended break due to TI6.  I fought and killed another boss, The False Jester, and got him on the first try.  It was a relatively easy battle due to how armored I am and having a large enough stamina pool to be able to cast my healing spells several times.  By the end of the battle I could not cast any more healing, but I had plenty of potions.  I only needed to drink 2 of them.  The armor was the key.  He couldn't damage me quick enough to kill me before I could heal up.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Playing Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front. Very fun game. You don't quite have the same amount of control and feedback in tactical battles as you do in Combat Mission, and may be CM is more of a sim, but this one has a real campaign!

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Tales of Graces f took some time to get used to after so many years, but I'm doing fine now.

I'm also progressing in Tales of Hearts R.

There was this PS+ game called Ultratron or something. You're in an arena and need to shoot everything. Decent fun in small doses.

I'm kind of stuck on a planet in No Man's Sky. I was sick of having the same ship for so long, so I grabbed an abandoned and started fixing it up. Little did I realize that you need the Pulse Jet to even launch. Less did I realize that this planet HAS NO ZINC. I can't fix the Pulse Jet. By the time I realized this, my autosaves no longer covered before I switched ships. I scrapped everything in my old ship, so that was no longer an option. Less an option in that I'd walked for 30 minutes and tested summoning the new ship at a beacon. So I can't even find the old ship.

So now I'm wandering until I find a store that can sell me some zinc. Then I'm leaving this %#@%@#^ @#^@#%@#%@#@$^ $%^#$^# OF A PLANET AND NEVER LOOKING BACK. Extreme weather planets with constant sentinels are better than this crud. This planet is half water and the swimming in this game is crap, you're literally unable to swim with your head above water. With no fast swimming option, either.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."