The Funny Things Thread

Gorth

it's funny how most of the stuff in these troll science pics are things you learn at 14 in school, but still 50% (minimum) of the people still fall for them.

Well they are that general poke on the amount of organisations and groups that flash all those warnings at people and get them scared..

13718684_1719841041610284_59602880276664

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

everyone in Greece is laughing today because of what a politician said yesterday during the session of the parliament. he claimed to have been a political prisoner and exiled during the dictatorship in the late 60s and knows what it's like to be persecuted for your beliefs. i don't know what made him say that and what point he was trying to make (i wasn't paying attention), the problem with that statement though, is that at the time he was barely 6 months old and his rich family had left the country before the coup because they knew it was coming. so while the greek people struggled against the regime, he lived in luxury in Paris and claims that this taught him the hardships of exile

it was pretty obvious that everyone in the building was struggling not to laugh when he said it and i'm quite impressed that they managed to hold it in.

today though, this has become THE meme in greek sites.

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Irony is my favorite form of humor!

cookie5.jpg?5dcb05

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Irony is my favorite form of humor!

cookie5.jpg?5dcb05

Are they gluten free?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Probably not

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That's pretty good considering it was just announced that the next season of Vampire Diaries will be the last

I've never seen it, is it even any good?

It's based on a YA book series written back in the 90's, and is very much the glossy, stylistic, teenage horror romance and angst wrapped around the idea of sexy teenage vampire school. Sort of. The tv show decided to shift the focus to the general town rather than purely the high school.

So depending on your personal tastes, your milage will vary.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/TheVampireDiaries

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

13754606_1574433939524558_10372374208452

• Like 7

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Sorry I know its extremely offensive but friend send this to me today in work:

• Like 5

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"