Caed Nua 'Looter' enemy with godlike armor?

EtherGun

Question

I'm on my way to meeting Maerwald in Caed Nua. I've already encountered the looter group before in my Normal difficulty playthrough, and had no problems with them. I'm replaying the game on a Hard difficulty, and I know some enemy encounters were changed in Hard mode, but I also know that the enemy stats only change in PotD mode. Why the **** did this looter enemy suddenly get godlike armor in Hard mode? Did they mess something up in the latest patch?

awtCMo5.jpgCCRJjYQ.jpg

19 answers to this question

@anameforobsidian, no worries I defeated them already, although I was half expecting some big phat lewt from that encounter. :shrugz:

P3zZbqB.jpg

I had an easier time killing the spider queen near their location than killing this godlike looter lol. For reference, these are the stats of the enemies you find in Normal mode. I think there's a problem with the additional spawned enemies in Hard mode, I think it's spawning the wrong enemies, or the enemies spawned have wonky stats.

Sx3FEYB.jpg

• Like 1

OK, I might not have been clear as to why I posted this. Could you please check on the enemy data or enemy spawn data, because I'm not sure if I'll meet more of these enemies with wonky stats in the future? Or could someone please verify if this is normal, or does this example spawned enemy have the intended stats?

I think I might have been misunderstood as to why I posted this. Some clue. I posted this to ask Obsidian to look into anomalies in the enemy spawn in other difficulty modes. Or atleast someone could confirm this is normal or not, that the stats of the spawned enemy/creature have the intended stats for that location.

I think I might have been misunderstood as to why I posted this. Some clue. I posted this to ask Obsidian to look into anomalies in the enemy spawn in other difficulty modes. Or atleast someone could confirm this is normal or not, that the stats of the spawned enemy/creature have the intended stats for that location.

Tech support forum, dude.

For what it's worth, I started a game on hard recently, and didn't have much of a problem with this mob (one shot them).

In general, I'm not finding 'hard' all that hard at all, and I'm playing it with a 40% boost to the xp required to level (I'm currently level 6).

Made an account to report on a similar problem:

Slogged through crägholdt bluffs exterior on hard and encountered considerably higher deflection and fortitude (180) on warpriests, veterans, soldiers and sergeants after some time, until the fight against Baelorin with 190 deflection/fortitude made me consider the possibility that this was more than just the famed difficulty of the bluffs. After checking that dragon deflection seems to cap at around 120-140 PotD my supicions were stirred further.

No savegames or screenshots from me as my first action after reading about an old bug like this was to reload an old save and re-enter the bluffs, deleting the autosaves as well as the quicksave.

Might post further observations tomorrow.

Contrary to my previous post the affected defenses are deflection and reflex (not fortitude), and they can be increased by increments of 6 by quicksave>quickload and repeat, but only on enemies with shields, i.e. Mercenary Soldiers, Veterans, Sergeants, Warpriests and Commander Baelorin, suggesting a bug in the way the weapon-and-shield-style bonus to deflection and reflex is applied, but only to enemies.

DkeWyFT.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry for the late reply (and thanks for the concern). :) I will try to verify the game cache and then redo the battle from an old save.

off-topic: as for my avatar, here ya go :phttps://www.google.com/search?q=Carolina+Neto&tbm=isch

update: I did what Sokatos has observed (quicksave then quickload repeatedly), and I can confirm, it does increase the defense stats each cycle. (thanks Sokatos for discovering it)

Same enemy; right one after multiple cycles of quicksaves and quickloads.

FklBGdk.jpg

Edited by EtherGun

Will the bugged stats fix themselves in existing savegames?  I've got Mercenary Soldiers and Sergeants with deflections of like 250 in my game, not sure these fights are even beatable.  Any ETA on 3.03 and/or any workaround to fix this problem in an existing save?

Edited by Fireblade

Yes, they will fix themselves when you load the game in the new version (which is probably a couple weeks out).  There's no practical way to fix them until then, as far as I know.  Until then, you'll probably just have to avoid those enemies or load an older save.