Well this game is pretty much over now I guess, may be next patch will be the last official update this game will ever have.....I just hope they don't repeat this kind of cheesy mechanics in one of their upcoming top down cRPGs.

Edited by Brimsurfer

Well this game is pretty much over now I guess, may be next patch will be the last official update this game will ever have....

I don't understand why PoE completing its planned development phase means that it is *over* which you seem to imply means obsolescent ;)

I'm looking forward to many more use of play from it, the same as I've had from BG1+2.

• Like 1

Actually I do get to decide or at least contribute in deciding which way the lore should go,

That is the scariest thing you have ever said.

The only thing we have to fear is Brimsurfer with power?

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Actually I do get to decide or at least contribute in deciding which way the lore should go,

Why only quote part of the sentence, where is the rest of it?

Edited by Brimsurfer

1) Receiving a deity's blessing for which the item doesn't qualify for, doesn't make much sense RP-wise.......Magran favours sword and arquebus, she doesn't favour a mace or a war hammer, so a mace or a war hammer must not receive her blessing, soulbound or not.......

Priests in PoE almost certainly don't receive their powers from their deity. The power was inside you all along, yo.

2) Also receiving weapon focus bonus from a skill in a totally unrelated weapons group also doesn't make sense RP-wise......

This has been adequately explained. You don't like the explanation, but that doesn't make it wrong, and your continued insistence that this is so and that the game's internals MUST CONFORM TO YOUR WILL is ... stupid? Insane?

I mean to me these are blatant violations of Roleplaying........

No no no, see, "roleplaying" consists of playing a role. If you are roleplaying in Eora, you take Soulbound weapons as a fact of life, because that's what you are. You, the person, may find it difficult to suspend your disbelief due to the inclusion of Soulbound weapons; you may not want to roleplay in a setting with Soulbound weapons. But that doesn't make them a "violation of roleplaying" - as if there were a magical list of rules compiled by Gary Gygax and agreed upon by all the wisest roleplayers in the land for what is and is not acceptable in fantasy roleplaying games.

I'm not a fan of the mechanic either, but you're not wrong.

t50aJUd.jpg

1) Receiving a deity's blessing for which the item doesn't qualify for, doesn't make much sense RP-wise.......Magran favours sword and arquebus, she doesn't favour a mace or a war hammer, so a mace or a war hammer must not receive her blessing, soulbound or not.......

Priests in PoE almost certainly don't receive their powers from their deity. The power was inside you all along, yo.

2) Also receiving weapon focus bonus from a skill in a totally unrelated weapons group also doesn't make sense RP-wise......

This has been adequately explained. You don't like the explanation, but that doesn't make it wrong, and your continued insistence that this is so and that the game's internals MUST CONFORM TO YOUR WILL is ... stupid? Insane?

How about "arrogant"? 

How about "arrogant"? 

How about intelligent and innovative and fair too 

Nah, those aren't really coming into it itt

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Spending a talent point is a cost.

And the difference in power level is negligible anyway.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Indeed :p

It's a good thing you're so impotent, then.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Indeed :p

It's a good thing you're so impotent, then.

Its funny that you of all people should say that :p

Lets stick to the topic at hand rather than how we feel about each other, no?

Yes sir! Well said......

Which brings me to a separate........'issue' should I call it? Not really an issue but I like to talk about it........Weapon Focus and Deity Bonuses aside, (about which people think that its OK for Soulbound Weapons to receive bonuses universally, even if they belong to an entirely different Weapon Type or Group, although I sure don't)...

In addition to that, I also like to bring this into notice that there are multiple melee Soulbound Weapons which can be used by 'all classes' , e.g. Steadfast, The Unlabored Blade, The Grey Sleeper and Abydon's Hammer, these are four universal melee Soulbound Weapons among all classes however there are no universal ranged Soulbound Weapons.......at the moment it seems like melee characters have much wider variety of Soulbound Weapons to use from as compared to ranged characters...

IMO it would be great if we could get couple of Ranged Soulbound Weapons for All Classes...

Sorry to derail this thread a bit, but I searched and couldn't find a clear and updated answer.

Soulbound weapons are WM exclusive? This seems the case from the answers I read; BUT I found one in my first playthrough  - in Heritage Hill, the staff -having only the original PoE and no expansion pack and I'd like to know if it's some sort of bug or it's now possible - I've read also a few patch notes but didn't help...  

Can anyone shed some light? Thx !!

Is it the blue soulbound sceptre?  That's in the main game, though you're meant to get it as a quest reward when you spat with that guy over the stronghold.

Yes, that's the one. I thought I found it in Heritage Hill, but I could be mistaken, maybe it was in my inventory earlier and I simply didn't see it...

So that's the only one I'll find in PoE, right? For the others I'd have to buy WM - which I'll probably end up doing btw, this game rocks!