Why is using a single 1handed weapon with no shield so bad? The 12 accuracy isn't even close to what the 2 other weapon styles get and the single weapon styles bonus works against the accuracy bonus because more accuracy = less grazes anyway. I just don't get why anyone would ever want to use a single weapon besides rp, but the friggin accuracy bonus seems to imply that it's supposed to be viable. Anyone made any build that utilizes single 1hander or is that even possible?

I would give it a hit-to-crit conversion - that would be nice. One Handed Style is totally stupid at the moment. The +12 ACC however comes in handy in the early game. And maybe a low ACC class like a barb can make good use of the +12 ACC when he's wearing a one handed weapon that has an on-crit effekt like We Toki? 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It's good early game when you are trading 8 deflection for 12 accuracy and you are lacking sources accuracy in general. After level 4 though I wouldn't use it. Even if one handed style was good and didn't work with a shield it would still have the problem vs. weapon and shield that its always a flat +12, while shields get better and better as the game goes on.

Or maybe get higher crit damage from one handed style? That would suit the higher ACC best.

However - as it is now I never used it in one of my builds. I had that idea of max ACC twin ciphers using Tactical Meld, marking weapons etc. on each other. +12 ACC would fit the theme but wouldn't really be neccesary to achieve 100% crit rate I guess. Now if it gave me +0.3 crit damage... that would be a whole different story.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I would give it a hit-to-crit conversion - that would be nice. 

In a way,.. that's what it does if your acc is by 50 higher than enemy deflection. Even better if you have less acc.

But yeah, pure 1H with nothing in offhand is underwhelming, and quite anti-synergic with One-Handed Style talent.

I can imagine the idea was: to have a [1h+shield] setup as main, but when not being engaged/hit to switch to just [1h] (at least it's useful for situations when one big, tough enemy remains).

But inability to have the same weapon in two different weapon sets, coupled with recovery from switch, kind of kills it.

Edited by MaxQuest

If you look at the classic duellers' stance it was meant to give you as much reach as possible whilst minimising the target presented to an opponent.

It should certainly have defensive benefits compared to dual weapons which require you to stand (roughly) square on to an opponent.

I agree that the style is pretty useless in its current form as apart from it being combat inefficient it also means wasting an enchantable item slot ;(