Prisoners still escape?

Yeah, at the time (last year sometime), people said security level didn't matter, that people were still escaping with 25+ security. So the question becomes - does security level affect it? And if so, grind away on building the highest security before doing any quests that lead to prisoner opportunities?

I didn't even realize this was a thing. Do you get a notification or something if someone escapes? Because now that I think about it, I thought I had at least one prisoner locked up, but when I checked the dungeon just today, there was no one there, so I assumed I remembered wrong. So do they just disappear, or do you get a message about it?

You get a message but you have to be paying close attention. I don't understand why this is even in the game. It doesn't seem to add anything fun and is really just a way of losing something you've earned, completely randomly. I think it should be taken out, or made into a full quest (go and recapture prisoner, once per game only).

• Like 1

Weird, in my 350+ hours of playtime, I've never seen a prisoner attempt to escape. Maybe focus on building the security of your stronghold?

They don't attempt it, they just do escape. Without you being able to do anything about it.

And I had it happen with maximum security in a fully expanded stronghold.

Hey (you bunch of ravishing gamers)

Without getting into any spoilers, I remember when I first played the game, I always tried to take as many people prisoner as I could. But then randomly, they would escape, thus losing all of the value of doing that. Is that still going on?

Base game prisoners would escape far too easily. One of the events you could roll while time passes is 'Prisoner Escape'. If you rolled this, they would escape. It was bugged as 'not fun' and shouldn't happen so frequently.

Now If that event is rolled, a second roll is rolled against the players Security to determine if the prisoner successfully escapes.

I got your backs

-Sking

Super Secret Spoiler Tip:

There is a prisoner uprising event that no one knows about.

• Like 8

Thanks for the response! Well that's good, so as long as we keep our security high now (above our prestige? is it relative or fixed?), we can keep our prisoners. And damn, if no one knows about your spoiler, does that mean it's never happened before for anyone? Whaaaaaaat?

Whoa... haha, I had no idea they could ever escape! Although my Rogue and Barbarian have basically taken almost no one prisoner, so maybe that's due to extremely small sample size.

Maybe my Ranger will be more lenient, or at least more encouraged to prolong peoples' suffering in dank jail cells.

Base game prisoners would escape far too easily.

I have a different problem.

I'm somehwere in the middle of Act 3, and in my entire playthrough I had literally 2 characters that I could throw into my dungeon. One from the base game, one from the WM part 1. Where is the rest?

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...