If you could live in in any other country?

Guard Dog

Timely thread. I currently live in Portugal, as I have for the past 17 years but, I have trying, for the past 6 months, to get a job in Sweden. In fact, I'll be in Sweden next week to meet with a prospective employer. Things are looking good, and I may move to Gothenburg in March.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Finland, obviously.

Too bad that in reality, as much as you daydream about it, you could never make yourself leave Stockholm...

They have a name for it. It's called Stockholm syndrome.

/rim shot

... I'll get my coat.

• Like 3

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

I would probably go for Canada if they would have me.  Don't need to learn a new language, similar in some ways but completely different in other ways (better usually), no giant snakes as far as I'm aware, etc.  Japan I would like to visit but certain things I hear make me think I would not like to live there.  New Zealand would be my other choice.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

When you say country do you mean England or Britain? I'd probably move to Scotland if the former, as I have kin up there. More exotic climes, i'd probably move to Norway as i've always enjoyed my holidays there and have quite a few friends and correspondences. The wife would probably drag me to some far too warm hellhole where i'd melt however.

Other destinations i'd think of would be the Antarctic if I were single and bairnless, see one of the last great wildernesses left on earth, the Faroes or maybe Svalbard. I'd like to challenge myself and participate in something physical and out of the ordinary, i've spent far too many years behind a desk when I love physical challenges and a hard days work. Let the Lion have one last roar before his dotage as the poet would say.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!