Can you do it? (clickable option for creature immunities ON/OFF)

Hi there.

As I already posted on Steam, I own that version which happens to have White March part 1 however...

I´m playing DVD 1,06 because....

I´m finding serious troubles on almost every fight on normal difficulty with my full party of Eder, Durance, Aloth, Sagani, and Grieving mother plus the following main fighter

MIG 21, CON 17, DEX 11, PER 12,INT 12, RES 14

2handed with appropiate proficiency.

Anyway as a micromanager of every fight in almost every turn I got till level 5 of Endless Nua Paths before giving up, then proceeded to start the SAgani quest where several drakes gave me more than a hard time on, I repeat, NORMAL difficulty.

So currently I´ve followed some advice and met less serious fights but still I´ve had so much struggles I´m not convinced to go on 2.03 where I expect to have harsher fights because of creatures immunities

Can a toggle ON/OFF immunities on creatures be added on next patch? thank you

Until 3.0 drops, the toggle is called "Deprive the Unworthy" and is a Paladin class ability ;)

That said, I see absolutely nothing wrong with your party composition. If you micromanage every fight, normal difficulty shouldn't be exceedingly challenging. What level are your characters? Where are you at in the game?

Pillars is very much a game in which strategy and tactics count more than stats and items, and the way combat works is quite different from the way it worked in AD&D. I played IE games too but it took me a while to master Pillars.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

In general I'd recommend upgrading. There might be some new immunities on creatures but there have been improvements for your characters as well. Rangers in particular have improved and fighters have gotten some nice boosts as well (as far as I can remember at least, can't say that I've memorized all changelogs since 1.06). Plus you have to upgrade to play the expansion(s) and in my opinion that alone would seal the deal.

Edit: I wouldn't hold out for an immunities toggle at least, I don't think there's been any indication that one will be implemented nor has there been a large amount of requests for one (this is the first one I've seen). Either way immunities will get an overhaul in the next patch.

Edited by peko

As a veteran of BG + TSC+ BG2+ TOB it is not an option for me

So as a veteran of BG + TSC + BG2 + TOB you're asking for a different option to reduce difficulty to be introduced instead? I mean clearly the game has been rebalanced to accommodate for immunities with their introduction.

Edited by Fenixp

But... wait, I don't get it. How are immunities stopping you from progressing? You can see what the immunity is, and unless you're playing with a totally gimmick party (um... all rogues equipped with rapiers and hunting bows?) you'll have lots of options to switch to a different damage type. Toggling immunities would only make the game marginally easier, but a lot more boring as you could just repeat the same rote tactic over and over to win, especially with save-spam.

So rather than wishing for a new difficulty toggle, why not either --

(a) figure out how the mechanics work and how to beat them, or

(b) lower the difficulty?

(I'd strongly recommend (a). The game is a LOT of fun that way, up to the point where you blast past the difficulty curve and all the combat becomes boringly easy anyway.)

• Like 2

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Hi there.

As I already posted on Steam, I own that version which happens to have White March part 1 however...

I´m playing DVD 1,06 because....

I´m finding serious troubles on almost every fight on normal difficulty with my full party of Eder, Durance, Aloth, Sagani, and Grieving mother plus the following main fighter

MIG 21, CON 17, DEX 11, PER 12,INT 12, RES 14

2handed with appropiate proficiency.

What exactly are your troubles? Can you describe a typical fight ... and tell which map it is?

I don't remember which of the attributes have changed since 1.06 ... but even I ... not a pro-gamer ... have finished the game in path of the damned and trial of iron mode :thumbsup: ... and now can return to my much more favorite building of "wacky parties".

I've played two-handed fighters often ... but I would give them higher perception, because they don't receive the accuracy bonus of single-handed fighters. They don't need high might, because two-handed weapons do higher damage already ... and there are other ways to increase the damage. They don't need increased Intelligence, because the duration of the few talents is small. They don't need high constitution, because they've got rapid recovery ... and Durance and potions for healing. And low dexterity is an extra hindrance for slow two-handed weapons.

Could it be that your problems are more elementary?

• Like 1

Ok thanks for all your answer, I´m in Dyrwood village and I had A LOT easier fights, doing alll the quests, dragon egg, Cat and Mouse and Blood Legacy, only the last "necromances boss" gave me trouble, so the areas which I had trouble were Pearlwood Bluff and Searing Falls with drakes, And first 5 Caed Nua levels, and my bad habit of exploring every area where usually I met hard mobs.

Level 6 now on Defiance Bay and so far quite manageable.

Merina you have lot of points, so I´ll redo my amaua with eternity keeper.

Anyone knows to transfers save games from DVD to Steam by chance?  Save games are shared in the same location :dancing: 

Edited by Inspector Switchblade

Have you considered leveling up your characters before moving on?  I was level 6 when I did EPOCN.  Although a bit harder for the level, it was still doable with consumables.

Do the quests at defiance bay.  There's tons of easy experiences, currency, and items to get.

Gaming is meant to be fun.

http://gamingwithscottii.blogspot.com/