Movies You've Seen Recently Thread

Blarghagh

Deadpool. Very enjoyable. Recommended.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

10 Cloverfield Lane. From the trailer, I suspected it was going to be a copy of the Metal Hurlant episode Shelter Me . It was very similar and I'd have to say the Metal Hurlant episode is far superior in every way imo.

Similar ending to Shelter Me with the end of the world, but I don't recall there were aliens. It was a nuclear attack. And the ending was far superior.

The ending in Cloverfield was changed from the original and it came across as silly with her fighting aliens. She singlehandedly kills the small space ship with a Molotov? c'mon!

Yeah, I would have preferred

a nuclear attack or even better, it really was all a conspiracy.

I feel like it suddenly became a completely different movie.

I recommend tracking down and watching Metal Hurlant Chronicles. Shelter is the second episode from the first season. The series is similar to the Twilight Zone with a twist at the end of each episode.

Here's the end screenshots when she escapes the shelter..

She escapes and realises he was telling the truth all along. It then zooms out to reveal the entire city.

iH9vbyD.jpg

QZCFnaO.jpg

If you can't see her in the second picture, I've marked her out.

Ph0N1n6.jpg

• Like 2

Musta been the female lead.

That's why the Rush Hour series failed. It was the female leads.

I liked the Brazilian lady trying to be Israeli. The characters are a bit wasted though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hahaha

• Like 4

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I saw London Has Fallen the other week.

It was amusing in its way. Really silly. But amusing. It's a bit different to see the UK historical landmarks blown up instead of the US ones... and a Scotsman playing an American saving England.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Eddie the Eagle.

It's a very nicely done adaption of the true story of one man's struggle to become an Olympic Athlete when everybody had told him he had no chance. The complete tenacious underdog story, with Taron Egerton playing the part of Eddie, and Hugh Jackman as the fictional former star turned alcoholic rebel as his coach. It takes a few stretches on reality, but it punches all the right emotional buttons.

Just watched this and it was great. I remember Eddie the Eagle back in '88 and can remember my parents, especially my dad, liking him.

Minions - Overrated. REALLY boring.  Barely anything funny pretty much no originality. 3/10

Pan - Watchable. But, could have been better. 5/10

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

X-Men: Apocalypse.

Could have been better; it's not bad, but I think it tries to juggle too many story lines and so I think it could have focused the story better. Not the best X-men film, but not the worst either.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Nashville (1975)

Altman was pretty much the only american director who could make a movie about people, at a place, at a certain time. After watching "Nashville", I am thoroughly convinced that there are no contemporary american directors capable of the same level of genius. Wes Andersson and Paul Thomas Andersson have still much to learn.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy