Pictures of your Games Episode VII The Screenshot Awakens

Blarghagh

Putting more time into hitting 85.  After last night, I'm now at 83, so almost there.  Was playing some multiplayer with a friend last night and in the thick of it, snapped a screenshot to try and comprehend how/why I'm missing lol

02RdFLw.jpg

In this screenshot you have not lost a single hitpoint, you have not wasted a single mana (except the part that's reserved by your aura), you have already been in battle for a while (the little bright yellow part at the end of the xp bar indicates this) and you have not used any potions lately (they're not on cooldown).

How is that possible?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Guys, I might have made a mistake..

I love knickknacks. I buy stupid collector's editions of games because of this. Like Bioshock:

ce01_zps8ale79he.jpg

It's pretty big and contains a cool figurine.

Today I saw a good deal on a Just Cause Collector's Edition, bought it online and went to pick it up after work.

Uh..

(pause for effect)

ce02_zps00rgokfi.jpg

It's gigantic! It absolutely dwarfs my other Collector's Editions!

ce03_zpsffx9qjc3.jpg

At least it contains some cool knickknacks. A grappling hook.

I'm off to rappel down the side of my building, see you guys later.

• Like 4

I think that may literally be the biggest game box I've ever seen.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I still have that big daddy figure somewhere in a box. Started to *not* buy this stuff at all, because I really don't have the free space for it anymore. Kinda sucks, but I am somehow digging this minimal "no random crap" in my house.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Putting more time into hitting 85.  After last night, I'm now at 83, so almost there.  Was playing some multiplayer with a friend last night and in the thick of it, snapped a screenshot to try and comprehend how/why I'm missing lol

02RdFLw.jpg

In this screenshot you have not lost a single hitpoint, you have not wasted a single mana (except the part that's reserved by your aura), you have already been in battle for a while (the little bright yellow part at the end of the xp bar indicates this) and you have not used any potions lately (they're not on cooldown).

How is that possible?

Default attack on LMB (no mana cost), and with enough lifesteal, your health can stay topped up against anything non-hero.

I think that may literally be the biggest game box I've ever seen.

Pfft, the Witcher 3 CE box was comfortably bigger than that. :p

(Got out the tape measure, 42x36x32cm, or about 17x14x12")

EDIT: On reflection, games like Rock Band would obviously come in bigger boxes of course. But they cheat!

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I have the big daddy as well. While the kids play with it, it's actually kept in tact and to answer the grim dawn question.

The idea behind the not losing life yet stems from a few things being: walking into the fight my friend, whose level 85 has started, and popping a potion. No gods mode to worry about. I believe that character alone has close to 100 deaths. A lot due to playing with my friend who is typically much higher level, this taking on enemies typically 5-10 levels above.

I just realized I paid 299 SEK for my humongous Just Cause 3 CE box (I measured it at 45 x 25 x 25 cm so Humanoid got it beat) while the normal game still costs 425 SEK in the same store.

It was supposed to cost 849 SEK. I'm beginning to wonder if they marked it wrong?

1421138_10207512612506850_90623077549064First ever yellow drop in DZ. only took a 150+ named boss kills.

12829531_10207512612706855_4395619047465

Just for a screenshot, otherwise i use more purples since they have better rolls.

I feel very stupid, but what am I supposed to look at in these pictures?

The game has gear divided into 5 categories. White, Green, Blue, Purple and Yellow with Yellow being the highest grade in theory. SO the first screen shows me getting my first yellow drop from an enemy and the second is just an inventory screen showing off "good" gear.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Yesterday everyone was corwding around the DZ extraction zone and the moment people were able to attach their stuff to the rope, another player from the background started to one-hit kill them all. I wanted to rage, because I was one of them downed ones, but actually I thought that was amazingly efficient to piss off people in a loot based pvp game. So in the end I lol'd about it. Next time I was smarter.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

sounds like a cheater, though

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yeah, it kinda was. But then again, it's an open pvp arena and all the people were so fixed on getting their loot out that nobody bothered with checking the surroundings. It's simply what you have to deal with under such a ruleset. :>

It is what you have to deal with in that setting...which is why I'd never play it.  Sounds the opposite of fun to me.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well, it's not like you got that much to lose. You can loot max. 6 items in the dark zone- everything else in your inventory remains with you, so you'll never have a that much to lose whenever you die. Compared to other games such as DayZ, it's actually very relaxed, as far as my experience with it goes right now. Most of the time the players are working together- because that's how you get the biggest chance to extract your items.

You also have no obligation to go into the Dark Zone.  The game is pretty fantastic strictly as a PvE RPG.  I'll give it a try eventually, but so far I've been exploring on my own, done coop for a couple missions, and enjoyed it tremendously.

Yeah that's fine that its optional, but its why I play all games as single player or with people I know only.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'd like to add something to what Hurlshot said. even though I only played the beta, as far as I know the base game is exactly the same, just with more content. and two of the coop missions were available in the beta version. 

in short, your mileage may vary. the missions themselves are similar to linear dungeons in other MMORPGs. but there's only so many of them. everything else is very rare dynamic encounters and repeating missions with varying degrees of difficulty (from too easy to mildly challenging). what killed the mood for me was the lack of living people in the game zone. you see a person or two on each block, but there aren't any in buildings (i'd expect it to be the other way around). roaming bands of marauders appear so rarely (which kinds makes sense, because there's nothing to loot anymore), that most of the time is spent running from one hot spot to another, with nothing happening on the way. 

if you're anything like me (meaning, with little patience and little free time) you will get bored with The Division in less than a week. 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

This may be an addition that happened after the beta, but there are a lot of people around, both in the streets and in buildings.  I love it when I catch a glimpse of someone in a window.  One time I saw a mother holding her baby and it fairly shocked me.  I find myself stumbling upon all sorts of interesting scenes in the streets; people fighting over supplies, hoodlums looting and threatening innocents, and plenty in need of help.  For my money, they've done a great job of making the world around me seem alive and active.

So maybe they've improved it, or maybe I've just had more luck in what I've stumbled across.  It's a big world.

• Like 3

hmmm, that's interesting. I'll take a look at some videos

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I've gone back to some classic games this weekend and started off with BG1. Rolled a 17,18,18,18,16,5 character pretty quickly. Less than a couple of minutes. Going solo and back at Candlekeep and working my way through the catacombs. Already have a full inventory so will have to decide which items to keep when I come across more loot before I get out. It's been a very fun experience. 

9yGRfzF.jpg

CxXWn7p.jpg

Edited by Hiro Protagonist II