Attacks in Paris

Malcador

Ok, let's talk about something else Qistina. I am sometimes thinking of moving to some different country, because of my own reasons. Could you tell me little more about how are western foreigners living in your country? How are they incorporated into your daily life? Is it easy or hard for them to embrace your cultural and religious diversity? How are westerners which mive to Malaysia treated compared to tourists? And which places/towns in Malaysia you think would be best suited for living for people like me, who respect the foreign cultures and religions. I had few Malaysian friends in my WoW guild, but all of them were of Chinese origins, and one of my Malaysian colleagues, when I was in Singapore was of Indian origin. I have actually never spoken about it with Malay people, so it would be nice to hear about your country from you as well.

Some westerners are good, there are many backpackers and tourists here, some even stay here as resident...some are bad and doing whatever they want as if they own the world. I myself meet many western tourist, i just don't mind them unless they ask me something...but most malaysians as i said are still looking at white people highly, they will be overjoyed if white people say "hello"...for most people here white peoples are gods and goddesses...so you don't have to worry.

maybe you will want to watch such videos...

Thank you, I will watch it later when i get back to my PC, but still I would rather prefer to hear about that from Malay woman, than from a blonde white girl :-P

And more from the white resident perspective of people who are respecting your laws.

Which cities you think are the best living places for people like that?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Thank you, I will watch it later when i get back to my PC, but still I would rather prefer to hear about that from Malay woman, than from a blonde white girl :-P

And more from the white resident perspective of people who are respecting your laws.

Which cities you think are the best living places for people like that?

You are welcome :)

Surely it will not be fair if i tell you about my country, surely i will tell you my country is like heaven on earth...so it is better for you to hear from someone who is not from here but living here for sometime isn't it? Good or bad, i don't mind, it is their experience

But i can tell you that my country is secular, you don't have much problem living here if you want to, the problems might be miscommunications, we understand English but we might not understand it as you understand it, and you might not understand our English either, like you can see in this thread, my English is broken i know...other than this, there might have some cultural clash, mind you that cultural clash doesn't always religious, just cultural...

For example, we don't kiss publicly, so you don't, never, don't even think about want to hug and kiss publicly or you will find yourself surrounded by people and police will come...maybe you might forgot because you are used to hug and kiss publicly...but nothing will harm you if you doing so, the worst is you will get warning by the friendly police officer....unless you want to be jerk and talking about rights and so on...

Do not wear bikini for any reason unless there is no one at the beach...yes there are swimming pools and theme park here where peoples wear bikini, but do not wear bikini at beaches...because Malaysians don't like it and similar things as above will happen if you wear bikini in public beaches

Hmmm...what next...? Always becareful for merchants and taxi drivers who will always want to con you, believe me, they will con you...and don't travel alone, do not assume everyone are nice and don't want to rob you or rape you...the safest place are mosques or any temples or churches should you have some troubles, good peoples are there...

I used to live in Kuala Lumpur...the most advance city in Malaysia, but now i live a small backwater "city" almost look like Whiterun in Skyrim...just joking...small town being called city just because there is a royal palace here...i cannot say which city is good or bad for living, it depends on your money...for Malaysians, KL is too rich and elite....there are other major cities such as Johor Bahru or JB, Kuantan or in the Borneo like Kuching and Kota Kinabalu or KK....i really can't tell, it depends on your money.

Oh other thing...there are beers and wines all you want...but do not drink it publicly especially infront of Muslims...it is rude...even the beers and wines are sold publicly, do not drink it publicly...just go somewhere not public...Chinese and Indians who are non-Muslims will not mind if you drink infront of them

Edited by Qistina

The kissing/bikini thing reminds me of a friend who lived in Singapore for many years.  She always said that if you could take what we in the US would consider to be restrictions (public displays of affection, spitting, vandalism ala Michael Fay, etc) that it was a great place to live.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

oby's new alt is hilarious.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I forgot to mention...how you will be treated also depends on which state you are in...northen states are more religious than southern states in Malaysia...northen states such as Kelantan is highly religious to a point almost extreme, it is highly advise not to disrespect Islam there in anyway...i myself not likely want to stay in Kelantan...i was there once, everyone just look at me wierdly because i didn't go to the mosque at prayer time...but i hear whispers saying "an outsider...", i was there just because following my frend for some business...even non Hijabi women will wear Hijab if going to that particular state...

Southern states such as Selangor, Melaka and Johor are more liberal...and almost westernized in many ways...

Edited by Qistina

Western people always want to impose values toward other people, always love to portray people like this and like that, love to label other peoples. Western people think this world is their own and they have rights in everything. They judge other people like they are so high and mighty. They interfere other people business and making it as if it is their own business. Invade other countries take what they want and then calling the people they rob as savages, terrorists and anything they want. Why not western people just stick to their country live in harmony with the rest of the people on earth? Who are the west want to set world morality and values?

Personally, I blame christianity :)

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

The West are the people with the guns and money, that'd be my guess why :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Its clearly a Jewish plot to corrupt people with fun.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

The kissing/bikini thing reminds me of a friend who lived in Singapore for many years.  She always said that if you could take what we in the US would consider to be restrictions (public displays of affection, spitting, vandalism ala Michael Fay, etc) that it was a great place to live.

As Hispanic I find this disturbing.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Western people always want to impose values toward other people, always love to portray people like this and like that, love to label other peoples. Western people think this world is their own and they have rights in everything. They judge other people like they are so high and mighty. They interfere other people business and making it as if it is their own business. Invade other countries take what they want and then calling the people they rob as savages, terrorists and anything they want. Why not western people just stick to their country live in harmony with the rest of the people on earth? Who are the west want to set world morality and values?

Me too...about 500 years ago my land was attacked by Christians, "For God, Gold and Glory!", that's how Christianity comes to my land...first it was Portuguese and they manage to crush Malay Kingdom of Melaka in 1511AD...then the Dutch, Spain and English...all the same...but English is more slicky and diplomatic...you know Philipine? That country was named after Spanish king....it was Malay Moro Muslim land...today those Moro fighters still fighting for independence and they are labelled as terrorists....

In America, there is no difference.  People can shout death to America in America anytime they want.  People have burned the flag, and otherwise argued for the death of the country as an entity (isn't this a sport in Texas? :p).  As long as its not demonstrably a threat to a specific individual or group, it can't raise to the level of legal action.

Really? But if Muslims in America make rally and shout "Death to America!", bring weapons, burning American flag, drawing your presiden face funnily or even Jesus, burn the Bible...they will get shot by the police isn't it?

Historically, flag burning has remained enormously controversial, and the current judicial interpretation makes it permissible only by arguing that it is not a 'threat' in each specific context. That means the law, and the courts, remain open to a future interpretation where flag burning in a specific way or in a specifically 'inciteful' manner would become eligible for harsh punishment and prohibition. 

Notably, a lot of similar decisions also go back to Oliver Holmes' back-and-forth, such that there are precedent arguments in the Supreme Court both for allowing people to spread anti-American messages in wartime and prosecuting similar activity. 

This is obviously not to detract from the very real ways in which America goes to sometimes ridiculous lengths to protect freedom of expression. And apologies in advance for any context I missed by not reading the first few pages.

It doesn't matter, my question is rethorical, it just about sentiments, racial and religious profiling in America, will it be the same if white-American and Christian do similar thing toward Muslims, burning Muslim country flag, bring banners or cartoons insulting Islam, burn the Quran and bring weapons in a rally...compared with Muslim-Americans burning American flag, bring banners or cartoon insulting Christians, burn the Bible and bring weapons in a rally...?

America always want to be a hero of freedom and justice, a land of concious and reason, the police of the world...but this same country didn't show what being bragging about...

There is no Muslims in American parliament, no Muslim political candidates, no Muslims in government of America...racism is still high in America...

My country is better than America...having non-Muslims ministers in the government, non-Muslim political candidates, non-Muslims in parliament and they are a lot....all races are in the government office and law enforcement...

There is no Muslims in American parliament, no Muslim political candidates, no Muslims in government of America...racism is still high in America...

My country is better than America...having non-Muslims ministers in the government, non-Muslim political candidates, non-Muslims in parliament and they are a lot....all races are in the government office and law enforcement...

There are two congressmen that are Muslim, actually.  Not a whole lot, but Muslims only make up 1 percent of the population of the country, so not surprising.

You are comparing a country of 300 million to a country of 30 million.  If you want to find bad stories about either country, you are going to find them.  For the US, you are going to easily find 10 times as many bad stories.  

Here is the thing, you are telling us that Malaysia is a great country, and I'm totally willing to believe that.  I am glad you care for your country.  But you seem to completely ignore all of the stuff we are telling you about the US.  Why are you trying so hard to convince us that the country we live in is bad?

• Like 3

Me too...about 500 years ago my land was attacked by Christians, "For God, Gold and Glory!", that's how Christianity comes to my land...first it was Portuguese and they manage to crush Malay Kingdom of Melaka in 1511AD...then the Dutch, Spain and English...all the same...but English is more slicky and diplomatic...you know Philipine? That country was named after Spanish king....it was Malay Moro Muslim land...today those Moro fighters still fighting for independence and they are labelled as terrorists....

Er, forgive me if I do not recall correctly, and I'm not trying to be unfair with respect to the Philippines, but didn't the Bruneian Empire take over land (part of which evenentually becoming Manilla) from the Tonda's and install a muslim rajah by force? 

And prior to the Moro's intercession, wasn't the primary population of the Phillipines the non-Muslim Tagalog (the Phillippines reflecting, IIRC, mostly indigenous and Hindu influences)?

(Note that none of this excuses the Spanish conquistadores, just pointing out that Islam's move into the Philippines wasn't without its own "issues").

Keith Ellison of Minnesota is a Muslim and a member of the House of Representatives.  A city in Michigan recently elected a majority Muslim city council.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Er, forgive me if I do not recall correctly, and I'm not trying to be unfair with respect to the Philippines, but didn't the Bruneian Empire take over land (part of which evenentually becoming Manilla) from the Tonda's and install a muslim rajah by force? 

And prior to the Moro's intercession, wasn't the primary population of the Phillipines the non-Muslim Tagalog (the Phillippines reflecting, IIRC, mostly indigenous and Hindu influences)?

(Note that none of this excuses the Spanish conquistadores, just pointing out that Islam's move into the Philippines wasn't without its own "issues").

That land was Malay Sulu Kingdom, a small kingdom, have being Muslim long before western came. But then Brooke of East India Company British came bombard Borneo and force a treaty with Sultan of Brunei under hundreds of cannons. Spanish took Sulu Island. There are treaties here and treaties there, war here and war there, much like America during western conquest. Therefore Christianity come into that land. Sultan of Sulu lost his kingdom but they (the Sultanate) still exist today, they got compensation.

it is complicated because it also involve my country. You see the creation of Malaysia orignaly only consist of peninsular, but part of Borneo being included as a "trade" with the British for Singapore to leave Federation of Malaya and make their own country....Sultan of Brunei don't want to joined Malaysia that's why you find them a little blot on the map...up to today, those area are contested area between Malaysia, Brunei, Sulu, Philipine and Moro fighters...lol...it is a mess...just recently Philipine making a truce with one faction of Moro fighter and my country become the middle man...

But the original people are the Moro and they are under Sulu Sultanate, they do not happy with recent event....and of course there are other tribes there...

Part of Malaysian-Borneo now is rumored want to leave Malaysia....

There are many tribes of Malays...

Edited by Qistina

Keith Ellison of Minnesota is a Muslim and a member of the House of Representatives.  A city in Michigan recently elected a majority Muslim city council.

One only and recently?

my country having non-Muslims in parliament since 50 years ago...

One only and recently?

I don't understand what exactly are you trying to prove. That everyone in the West is evil? The fact that you're talking here and people actually being very tolerant of your opinion (all things considered) alone proves that that's not the case. If you want to say that their governments aren't all that great, then i imagine they themselves will tell you the same thing. So what's exactly the point of comparing how much muslims is in different parliaments? 

Thank you Qistina about answering my questions. Your answers are exactly the reason, why I wanted to hear it rather from native person than from foreigners. Foreigners often forget about the small details, which natives may care about a lot :-) And this might bring the typical cultural misunderstandings, which I always try to avoid when travelling somewhere.

I am not affraid of broken english. Actually I am pretty much used to it. I am not perfect either :-D and your personal english is on much higher level, than english of average slovak person :-P

Just one maybe ridiculous question. Are men allowed to wear the typical european short versions of swim suits on beaches? :-)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

^^Shhh, let them run with it. Its glorious.

I always find it funny that people convienently forget about the Mongol and Ottoman empires. Don't leave them out please, they need some of that sweet guilt-tripping as well.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That land was Malay Sulu Kingdom, a small kingdom, have being Muslim long before western came. But then Brooke of East India Company British came bombard Borneo and force a treaty with Sultan of Brunei under hundreds of cannons. Spanish took Sulu Island. There are treaties here and treaties there, war here and war there, much like America during western conquest. Therefore Christianity come into that land. Sultan of Sulu lost his kingdom but they (the Sultanate) still exist today, they got compensation.

it is complicated because it also involve my country. You see the creation of Malaysia orignaly only consist of peninsular, but part of Borneo being included as a "trade" with the British for Singapore to leave Federation of Malaya and make their own country....Sultan of Brunei don't want to joined Malaysia that's why you find them a little blot on the map...up to today, those area are contested area between Malaysia, Brunei, Sulu, Philipine and Moro fighters...lol...it is a mess...just recently Philipine making a truce with one faction of Moro fighter and my country become the middle man...

But the original people are the Moro and they are under Sulu Sultanate, they do not happy with recent event....and of course there are other tribes there...

Part of Malaysian-Borneo now is rumored want to leave Malaysia....

There are many tribes of Malays...

My knowledge of the Philippines history is limited, and I understand that there were at one point a number of different areas that had been influenced by diffierent groups (sometimes being different ethnic groups).

Like I said, not trying to excuse the Spanish, who really did run roughshod over it (or even the USA who did some dodgy stuff in the Phillippenes as well, as I recall).

One only and recently?

As Hurlshot says, Islam right now accounts for 1% of the religious population of the US. The vast majority identify as Christian (around 70% IIRC). I think Judaism is the only other religion to get 1% or more of the poplation.

That said the two member of the House (Ellis and Andre Carson of Indiana)  who are Muslim is about half you'd expect with a population distribution in an abstract sense, its kind of hard to apply that numerical approach to voting patterns that don't always follow identity demographics, though.