RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

http://www.gamereactor.de/News/282943/Witcher-Studio+will+Cyberpunk+2077+nun+Ende+2016+veroffentlichen/

Cyberpunk 2077 targeted for end of 2016. Source could be some guy who was standing close to the CDPR office though

Please be true.

I read an interview yesterday with one of the CDProject's leads who said they'll be working on TW3 (expansions, improvements, patches, and maybe more) all next year.

With Twitcher 3 selling well they could probably afford to have two full teams running in parallel now anyway. I'd expect a fair number of TW3 people to have been transferred over to Cyberpunk already though. A Twitcher3: EE or some extra dlc/ expansions wouldn't need a full team, nor would preproduction on a 'TW4'.

IIRC the story of Geralt is done from their perspective. They might have new.things in that setting thoug but i expect them to go with something new and abitious that will combine the design quality of TW and something like DA:O personal backgrounds and a level of custom characters. We will see how they fare with Cyberpunl though

Yep, previews at RPS and other places. Sounds like it'll be enjoyable, which means Firaxis will screw it up a bit :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On some less-good news, the "Project Phoenix" JRPG Kickstarter has descended into farce with the latest project update published today.

TL;DR timeline:

- Initial estimate (September 2013) of about 15 months for completion.

- In March, claim a target date in June for Alpha and December for Beta.

- In November, admit they have no programmer yet.

- In December, claim they have a programmer joining in February, who will take approximately 30 months to complete the project, which would be followed up by 6 months of testing. So a 2H 2018 release.

It's pretty spectacular how it went from a planned 15 months end-to-end project cycle to 30 months just for one step of the process. Makes the likes of Tim Schafer and Chris Roberts look like Flash Gordon.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Having seen the pre-order and deluxe edition/DLC plans, I'll now be waiting a year to get the XCOM 2 Complete Edition for 50% off, which is generally a good idea with Firaxis games anyway.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The XCOM 2 vids by Beaglerush look amazing! The sequel seems to have taken a lot of cues from the Long War mod (and from cut features of the original I suppose since that's what Long War is built upon) + adding its own bits. Which is great.

Ahh, blowing through the roof is definitely cool

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I watched the first video and the game looks great. Never heard of Beaglerush before but I find him very entertaining.

oh man, watch his Ironman Impossible YT series, or his Ironman Impossible full playthough campaign of Long War mod, he also was doing twitch campaign of Long War for over a year and it was damn good and funny (also browse his fanart gallery for some cherries)

I watched the first video and the game looks great. Never heard of Beaglerush before but I find him very entertaining.

Yeah, he seems to be extremely good at taking what's happening on the screen and weaving it into a proper story. I'll definitely check out more of his videos.

Found his jokes tiresome.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/268500/announcements/detail/45397895217812332

It’s an exciting day for XCOM fans, Commander. We’ve revealed the XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe Edition, available for pre-purchase now at $74.99, which includes the full XCOM 2 base game, digital soundtrack and the Reinforcement Pack. But what’s in the Reinforcement Pack? Let’s break it down.

The XCOM 2 Reinforcement Pack includes:

Anarchy’s Children: Rebellion-themed content with more dramatic soldier customizations. Available Spring 2016.

Alien Hunters: New gameplay highlighting an elite alien hunting unit of XCOM as it tracks down “Ruler” aliens, plus a new mission, additional soldier customization options and more powerful weapons and armor. Available Summer 2016.

Shen’s Last Gift: Introduces a brand-new soldier class with unique upgradeable weapons, armor and customization features, as well as an additional narrative-driven mission and map. Available Summer 2016.

Additionally, all pre-orders and pre-purchases of XCOM 2 or XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe Edition will receive the Resistance Warrior Pack, which offers additional soldier customization options like bonus outfits, headgear and custom facial war paint. The Resistance War Pack also includes a “Survivor of the Old War,” a new XCOM recruit who will appear in the Avenger’s barracks.

XCOM 2 launches on PC worldwide February 5, 2016. For full system requirements, please consult our Store page.

Having seen the pre-order and deluxe edition/DLC plans, I'll now be waiting a year to get the XCOM 2 Complete Edition for 50% off, which is generally a good idea with Firaxis games anyway.

Gah. This makes too much sense...but I wants it!

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Btw. does anyone here watch Z Nation? In a few episodes, one of the main characters wears a duster that looks awfully similar to the one Ulysses is wearing.

RFAMea.png

The Murphy wears it for at least two episodes. I'd say that's a hell of a coincidence.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."