Cancelhaut....the stupidest fight in the game?

Wait wait wait wait!  :aiee:

What's that duplicator item? Will I be able to get 2 Lead Spitters? Or 2 Shod-in-Faith? Two Flames of Fair Rhîan? Two Drawn in Spring? Two Little Saviors? Or even two Nightshroud?

I'm just imagining a dwarven barb with 20 base CON, Girdle of Eotun Constitution (+3), two Whispers of Yenwood (+4) and Greater Frenzy (+6) for a per-encounter CON of 33 points.  :dancing: Undying Spiritkilla No. 1. :)

I was thinking of a high Perception Barbarian with dual Starcallers, Interrupting Blows, Frenzy, Two-Weapon Fighting and Accurate Carnage actually.

The laziest but highly effective crowd controller.

Can you duplicate enchanted items like a durgan-refined dragon-eye-superbed Hour of Saint Rumbalt ?

Yup. Gambeson was durgan-refined, exceptional, and +2 Perception and it all carried over on duplication.

Sorry, but I just jizzed in my pants... 

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I used a paladin tank, and placed a off tank behind him to prevent the push backs from wrecking your strategy. Make sure your tank has the talents that add to defenses. After that it was a matter of buffing, healing and aoeing the crap out of the mobs. (maelstrom scroll i believe does wonders)

Bizarre use of duplication actually related to this threads topic; use it to duplicate Concelhauts Skull to summon double Concelhauts.

Would be pretty kewl if it wasn't impossible.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Bizarre use of duplication actually related to this threads topic; use it to duplicate Concelhauts Skull to summon double Concelhauts.

Would be pretty kewl if it wasn't impossible.

Aww. Can't duplicate pet items?

I was too stupid to keep a save where I have the duplicator so I only remember that it says no soulbound weapons.

Edited by limaxophobiacq

Aww. Can't duplicate pet items?

Might as well work, but only the protagonist has a pet slot so you can really only have one on at all times.

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I just wonder if two Drawn in Springs' wounding would stack? It should, but who knows...?

Will dual Spelltongue make the enemy even more slow and give me two times *1.15 attack speed? 

If I ever get this item there will be whole nights of console-riding, hellyeah!

Edited by Boeroer

If I ever get this item there will be whole nights of console-riding, hellyeah!

You could as well console in that very item and start testing ;)

• Like 1

I found this fight a little annoying, mainly because of the death knights that take forever to kill.

If you are really struggling, you can put boots of speed on Eder (or whatever tank you got) and place the rest of your party near to the switch that opens the cave. Run Eder in to trigger the dialogue sequence and run straight back out to rejoin your party. Everything except the 2x void seers guarding the door will leash and walk back to Concelhaut's study. Kill the void slayers and quicksave so you don't have to do the dialogue again. Now just run Eder back in and out. The mobs will follow and leash. You hit them with ranged attacks and kill them 2 or 3 at a time. When Concelhaut is alone, run Eder in with scrolls of defence, potions of displaced images and major recovery on hand. Use the time to buff your party with accuracy/might buffs like Crowns of the Faithful and Devotions of the Faithful etc and when you are ready, move your party up and burn him down.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

If on "Normal" with my team at Level 16 I need to have my entire party eat food, use buffs and potions in a specific order, use the environment in a specific way, and still cheese the fight by cheating, then the fight is broken.  This is the case with this fight.  There aren't any options on how this fight is approached; it's a prescriptive battle and if you attempt it outside of an exact sequence, you will die horribly every time.

Of course you can always pull mobs a few at time, but that is an exploit and not the way this game is meant to be played, or so I thought.

Can't imagine playing on PotD all the way to this point and dying. Guess I'm not going to buy PoE 2 with this kind of crap.

Sorry, but if you can't just slap Concelhaut and friends around at lvl 16 on normal then you are doing something wrong.

The fight takes less than 20 seconds on PotD with a full party for me. Well let's say 30 to be on the safe side...

There are fights that are way, way more difficult than this one - but still doable.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

If on "Normal" with my team at Level 16 I need to have my entire party eat food, use buffs and potions in a specific order, use the environment in a specific way, and still cheese the fight by cheating, then the fight is broken.  This is the case with this fight.  There aren't any options on how this fight is approached; it's a prescriptive battle and if you attempt it outside of an exact sequence, you will die horribly every time.

Of course you can always pull mobs a few at time, but that is an exploit and not the way this game is meant to be played, or so I thought.

Can't imagine playing on PotD all the way to this point and dying. Guess I'm not going to buy PoE 2 with this kind of crap.

Just use all opportunities which game brings to you.

*thinking about 4 Scroll of Paralazys at the same time :shifty:

Crude but effective

Edited by Phenomenum

With my solo chanter who used the withdraw shield from Alpine Dragon it took me slightly over a minute to kill Concelhaut himself and a little longer to kill the Ancient Death guards (but these aren't really a danger, just relatively tanky)

This was on PotD/TCS and I imagine the fight would be a lot easier with a party and easier again on normal.

Newearth1

If you need help with certain fights I'm sure posting your current strategy/classes will animate one of the helpful folks here to give you tips on improving your strategy.