Upcoming Games/Books/Movies you are looking forward to

Heijoushin

Do you have an "Upcoming Games/Books/Movies you are looking forward to" list? I do. Let's share info. Sorry if a similar post already exists.

Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void - 10th November

Fallout 4 - 11th November

Ip Man 3 (Kung Fu movie) - 24th December

Shroud of the Avatar - December 2015 (unconfirmed)

Tides of Numenera - December 2015 (unconfirmed)

新女神転生IV Final (Shin Megami Tensei IV Final) - 10th Feb 2016

Mighty Number 9 - 12th Feb 2016 (I'm a backer)

The Mandate - Q1 2016 (I'm a backer)

Persona 5 - 2016

Dishonoured 2 - 2016

The Doors of Stone (book) - 2016/2017

The Bard's Tale IV - 2017

Final Fantasy 7 remake - ???

十三機兵防衛圏 (13 Sentinals: Aegis Rim) - ???

Vampire: the Masquerade Bloodlines sequel - ??? (I can dream can't I?)

Seeing the 2017 dates really makes me tired though...

Edited by Heijoushin

Hateful 8- this year in select theaters and everywhere January. Tarantino makes great movies and I doubt I will be disappointed.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Most of the games OP mentioned, plus these:

Nier 2

Uncharted 4

The Last Guardian

Yooka-Laylee

Just Cause 3

Doom 4

Mirror's Edge 2

Wild

Beyond Good & Evil 2(maybe, someday...I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!)

Horizon: Zero Dawn

No Man's Sky

Scalebound

Quantum Break

Cuphead

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm pretty excited for Lou Diamond Phillips to appear on Blindspot ... Young Guns might be my favorite Western. Other than that, I am most looking forward to 20th Century Fox releasing a theatrical version of Star Wars.

Ah! How could I forget Star Wars! Obvious one.

And it was also rude of me to forget White March 2;)

Looking forward to:

Dishonored 2

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Next Prince of Persia game (Even a freaking remake, I mean come on...)

Next Devil May Cry

Curious about:

Fallout 4

XCOM 2

Mass Effect Andromeda

As for books:

Right now I'm pretty much waiting on the next Dresden Files book (Peace Talks) and the next Kingkiller Chronicle (Doors of Stone)

Movies:

Pretty much nothing

Maybe Star Wars

No wait the next Mad Max movie! Definitely that.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Prince of Persia is dead and should stay dead.

samuel-jackson_django.jpg

No wait the next Mad Max movie! Definitely that.

They're doing another one?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Games:

Mass Effect Andromeda

TToN

Fallout 4

AssCreed Syndicate (can't afford it yet)

Stellaris

Movies:

Star Wars, all of them.

The entire upcoming MCU slate especially Doctor Strange and Black Panther

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Blind faith interest:

Torment: Tides of Numenera

Xcom 2

Have peaked my interest but let see first if there is actually reason to be interested

Fallout 4

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Mass Effect Andromeda

Vampyr (Vampyr is set just after the First World War and follows the story of a doctor who returns home to find his homeland ravaged by the Spanish Flu. After treating one of his patients, the doctor gets bitten, thus transforming him into a vampyr... Game is made same studio that made Life is Strange, they say it will be RPG)

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Divinity: Original Sin II

Cyberpunk 2077

Mordheim: City of the Damned

Total War: Warhammer

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Elite: Dangerous - Horizons

Ghostbusters

Suicide Squad

The Dark Tower

Jessica Jones (not actually movie, but Netflix series)

I have currently off year from books, so I don't know anything what happens on that front.

Edited by Elerond
  • Like 1

I'm also going to add Battletech to the list. And now that ESPN killed off Grantland, I'm looking forward to what Bill Simmons does with his HBO projects. Hopefully, he re-hires some of his ex Grantland employees.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

XCOM 2, Star Wars, and the Winds of Winter.

I wonder if George Martin will ever finish the next book.  Wasn't it supposed to be done by the end of 2015?  Now I think it's "maybe 2016", which likely means 2017 or later.

Love the series, but absolutely hate how much of a procrastinator he is.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, I was not disappointed by Lou Diamond Phillips, obviously, since that would be impossible, but the TV show he guest-starred in, is becoming nutbags-predictable ... even with the inimitable Jaimie Alexander. The premiere episode was like a 10, losing one point per episode ... feels about like a 4 now.

My new favorite upcoming video game is Fallout ... Fallout 4, featuring Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, as a completely voiced character Magnolia who sings four original songs in the game. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Well, I was not disappointed by Lou Diamond Phillips, obviously, since that would be impossible, but the TV show he guest-starred in, is becoming nutbags-predictable ... even with the inimitable Jaimie Alexander. The premiere episode was like a 10, losing one point per episode ... feels about like a 4 now.

The problem with these series nowadays that do long story arcs, instead of sticking to weekly stories that end at the end of 1 hour, is if the long story arc is fizzling or doesn't have enough steam to last the entire season.  Blindspot is slowly getting to that point; I went from being curious about Jane's past to simply wanting it over with.

I also wish these long story arc shows would still manage to have self-contained stories per week.  You know, a story that they have to solve, but with hints and scenes that still build on the larger story arc.  Instead, some of these episodes don't seem to have anything to do but add more "WTF is happening" to the main story arc.

I used to like shows like the Blacklist and Person of Interest, because at first they solved individual cases per episode while adding another bit of story to the overall story arc.  But both shows basically ignored the episodic-specific stories in favor of being one long, 13 episode story.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I wonder if George Martin will ever finish the next book.  Wasn't it supposed to be done by the end of 2015?  Now I think it's "maybe 2016", which likely means 2017 or later.

The thing is, Martin agonizes over every paragraph. He writes, edits, rewrites and re-edits while checking for consistency and with what has been written before. He's not a hack who'll churn out voluminous garbage. I find that type of meticulous attention to craft refreshing in popular fiction (or game development).

And he never gave out a release date for Winds of Winter.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The thing is, Martin agonizes over every paragraph. He writes, edits, rewrites and re-edits while checking for consistency and with what has been written before. He's not a hack who'll churn out voluminous garbage. I find that type of meticulous attention to craft refreshing in popular fiction (or game development).

There are many Fantasy writers, old and new, who wrote much more complex works with much more foreshadowing and still managed to have a decent if not yearly release schedule (Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson immediately come to mind).

The thing is, Martin is a discovery writer and the issue with discovery writers is when they get writers block they are screwed, also they usually need many more revisions upon completion of the first draft.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

There are many Fantasy writers, old and new, who wrote much more complex works with much more foreshadowing and still managed to have a decent if not yearly release schedule (Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson immediately come to mind).

The thing is, Martin is a discovery writer and the issue with discovery writers is when they get writers block they are screwed, also they usually need many more revisions upon completion of the first draft.

hmmm.  jordan and sanderson? 

salinger took more than a decade to write catcher in the rye.  

is as easy to come up with examples o' authors who took their time to write as it is to note the guys who churn out bloated monstrosities with machine-like regularity.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

For all his edits/re-writes, I'm not sure the extra time actually solves anything for him.  His past two novels in the series were, IMO, well below the quality of the first three.  So taking a decade to write them didn't exactly improve the quality.  Whereas the first three, weren't they written within a shorter time frame?  Maybe he's better off *not* re-writing constantly, as maybe that results in the quality going down?

I think it was the publisher who gave a rough estimate (when asked by fans) of a Christmas 2015 release, which then got pushed back to sometime in 2016.  The one thing Martin has stated is he expects to not take as long to write this one and the rest of the series as his previous delays.  That's proving to be false.

Edited by GhostofAnakin