Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Rosbjerg

So are we saying that the review posted on Eurogamer's website is backdated?  Because the review I see (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-08-civilization-beyond-earth-rising-tide-is-generous-imaginative-and-currently-a-bit-broken) is dated the same as the date that STEAM says the game was released (08 Oct 2015).  And in it the author only opts to not review the bugged element - although clearly saying it is bugged - in favor of reviewing a fixed version later.

In fact it seems - although I'm unable to verify - that they did exactly what I'd expect them to do; release a review of the game informing about the bug and reviewing the elements that were, in fact, reasonably review-able and following up with further review at a later date (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-13-civ-rising-tides-alliance-bug-has-been-fixed-firaxis-says).

eeergh, what a mess.

In other news, Ben Garrison shares his opinion about our gay friend, jester and trickster: Milo

swj_toon_web_1024-640x458.jpg

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Is that an actual Ben Garrison piece, or another drawing with his signature photoshopped in?

You're thinking about the ones who where crossed with the comics done by A. Wyatt Mann, which were hoaxes.

Ben has said numerous times on /pol/ (to their dismay) that he is not an anti-semite and even asked for their help to track down the guy that boasted about changing his comics. Turns out that life is stranger than fiction and the guy who did it, was in fact a jew.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/11/terrorist-troll-pretended-to-be-isis-white-supremacist-and-jewish-lawyer.html

http://garrisongraphics.blogspot.fi/2015/09/joshua-goldberg-troll.html

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well if it pushes more focus to filmmakers or musicians instead of internet drama good.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Supposedly the harassment didn't start until the SavePoint panel was announced. Would be funny if they came out and admitted that it was people associated with the anti-harassment panel harassing them about SavePoint that made them cancel both. Would make a lot of people look stupid.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I really want all that harassment to be published. SJW panels are a regular happening, they exist in practically every convention. But only when the "pro-GG" panel was introduced was there a cancellation.

I bet if all the threats and harassment were released we'd see a disproportionately massive effort consisting of threats, intimidation, and shaming tactics on part of the "progressives" and a comparatively tame one from GG supporters.

O8TNhls.jpg

'kay.

Was responding to this apparently https://twitter.com/cringe_channel/status/659398453311721472

Analogy doesn't really work, assuming some level of 'damage' TB has done to gaming - I guess he may have given us more streamers or something.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

O8TNhls.jpg

'kay.

Tweet removed. 

But really, i do not get the hate the guy gets. Is jealousy really this petty? because i cannot think of any other reason.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Analogy doesn't really work

Of course it doesn't work. Chu is a loon.

I mean look at this.

Are we sure this isn't just some Arthur Chu tweet generator at this point?

VG02o3e.png

"Fight for survival"

Goddammit.

Yes Chu, people who have friends that all have beliefs exactly like their own are fighting in the proverbial trenches of today's world.

Edited by GhoulishVisage

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

What is 'signaling' in this context ?

As for Chu, well, guy needs to get a real job. Maybe go into teaching or something.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I somehow get the impression that he is not talking about the survival course that you had to do during serving the military, but rather he's just a dip****.

Also, the weasel is projecting as anyone knows that friendship extends political boundries.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Well I believe TB is a supporter of Bernie Sanders(or at least agrees with him on most things). Seeing as Bernie is a MRArxist who wants to ensure worker ownership of the means of reproduction under the guiding hand of the Supreme Gentleman, this can only mean Chu's black arts have predicted that Sanders will lead a revolution and after his death TB will seize control. Chu is truly the prophet of our time.

Also, the weasel is projecting as anyone knows that friendship extends political boundries.

Not if all your friends are Twitter friends.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Kluwe is one of the biggest bullies out there. His little article can be summed up quickly: "I hate you. I want you to die. I will dehumanize you because me feel better. :)"

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm still not sure who that is, is he the baseball player who ****ed over Rhode Island with his vanity project?

That's Schilling. Kluwe was some NFL worker.

Kluwe was a punter for the Vikings

He was the guy who claimed that he was released for being too outspoken about gay rights

That's a pretty big claim.

Kluwe was a punter for the Vikings

He was the guy who claimed that he was released for being too outspoken about gay rights

That's a pretty big claim.

4 u

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

A follow up on the Greer story I thought would probably be liked here:

Link

The response to Greer and her alleged transphobia is just one example of a creeping trend among social justice activists of an identitarian persuasion: a tendency towards ideological totalism, the attempt to determine not only what policies and actions are acceptable, but what thoughts and beliefs are, too. Contemporary identity-based social justice activism is increasingly displaying the kinds of totalising and authoritarian tactics that we usually associate with cults or quasi-religious movements which aim to control the thoughts and inner lives of their members. The doctrine of "gender identity" – the idea that people possess an essential inner gender that is independent both of their sexed body and of the social reality of being treated as a person with such a body – has rapidly been elevated to the status of quasi-religious belief, such that those who do not subscribe to it are seen as not only mistaken and misguided, but dangerous and threatening, and must therefore be silenced.

As with so many of the current high-profile no-platforming cases, Greer is being ostracised and shunned, cast out of our moral community and declared beyond redemption, simply for the crime of believing the wrong things, of holding the wrong thoughts in her head, of defining concepts in ways that run counter to those of the newly-established doctrine of gender identity. It is not sufficient to behave towards trans women in a certain way, to respect their preferred pronouns and to support their right to receive the medical treatment they need. You must also really and truly believe that they are women. And if you cannot be made to hold this subjective mental state in your head, that is sufficient to justify silencing you, in the name of protecting the believers.

• Like 1

I take it Greer was supposed to speak somewhere but got spooked out of it?

She should have spoken anyways, Cardiff University would have allowed it and security should be good enough to keep any would-be attackers from harming her.