Dear Fat People

ktchong

At first I was like, "that makes sense, consequences for being a douchebag and all."  But then I realized we live in an age where Trump is still a legitimate candidate despite his trolling, so she will probably get picked up for some 'comedy' tour and make a bunch of money.  

At first I was like, "that makes sense, consequences for being a douchebag and all."  But then I realized we live in an age where Trump is still a legitimate candidate despite his trolling, so she will probably get picked up for some 'comedy' tour and make a bunch of money.  

No even Trump wouldn't do something so crass and insensitive just for laughs and to make a mockery of a group of people

He generally is trying to make a political point when he makes those controversial points  

I am very glad she got fired and the reasons she was fired were similar to my outrage .." cruel and lame.”

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

“[‘Dear Fat People’] is an unfunny and cruel fat-shaming video that guises itself about being about ‘health’,” Mills says of the clip. “It’s fat phobic and awful. It went on for over for six minutes. I felt like I had been punched in the gut. I was so upset I was shaking like Shelley DuVall in the ‘The Shining’.”

That made me laugh in how melodramatic it was. Wonder if these people really shake with outrage, they should probably see a doctor about that if so.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

“[‘Dear Fat People’] is an unfunny and cruel fat-shaming video that guises itself about being about ‘health’,” Mills says of the clip. “It’s fat phobic and awful. It went on for over for six minutes. I felt like I had been punched in the gut. I was so upset I was shaking like Shelley DuVall in the ‘The Shining’.”

That made me laugh in how melodramatic it was. Wonder if these people really shake with outrage, they should probably see a doctor about that if so.

Yeah thats overdoing the outrage a bit  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It sounds like pretty standard drama geek stuff.   :shrugz:

• Like 1

It sounds like pretty standard drama geek stuff.   :shrugz:

Which is  melodramatic ...its not like all gamers are like that, I don't think this forum is like that but I may be wrong?

John Milton 

It sounds like pretty standard drama geek stuff.   shrugnz9.gif

Well, that changes everything.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wow, just wow. So she's getting fired from an unrelated job because she made a vid that made fun of an issue that is increasingly becoming a modern day taboo. This is total bull****. We don't solve problems by stymying discussion about them, and comedians are going to step on people's toes as a matter of course. Poor taste is a tool of the trade.

I stand by what I said before, she's not funny. But she certainly doesn't deserve sacking over this. Thoughtcrime is death. :no:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Wow, just wow. So she's getting fired from an unrelated job because she made a vid that made fun of an issue that is increasingly becoming a modern day taboo. This is total bull****. We don't solve problems by stymying discussion about them, and comedians are going to step on people's toes as a matter of course. Poor taste is a tool of the trade.

I stand by what I said before, she's not funny. But she certainly doesn't deserve sacking over this. Thoughtcrime is death. :no:

Uh, what?  People don't have an obligation to employ asshats.  That's insane.  

And no obligation not to, which is more weighty. But then again, it was a - ahem - "body positive" movie, heh.

And no obligation not to, which is more weighty. But then again, it was a - ahem - "body positive" movie, heh.

Well I'm sure the director is enjoying the opportunity to build a little publicity.   :p

She might have a case if she had a contract signed.  But really, most jobs requires you to present a certain amount of decorum.  It should not be a surprise that she has closed some doors with this bit.  As I said, she will probably get a few offers out of it as well.  Such is life.

Who said anything about obligations? Are you obligated to make irrelevant comments?

Sure, the dude who feels punched in the gut ($20 says he hasn't actually ever taken a gut punch) can hire whomever he pleases. Still, firing her over the video is... silly. And what does it accomplish, exactly?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

He is allowed to do it. It doesn't change that he is a piece of crap.   Whining about his 'feels' shows quite clearly that he is a nazi.

He bullies, attacks, shames, threatens, and attempts to destroy someone's livelihood. Hitler would be proud of him. :)

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It is great publicity and he doesnt have to work with an asshat?

So the whole thing is a publicity stunt huh? That's actually not so far fetched...

It is great publicity and he doesnt have to work with an asshat?

So the whole thing is a publicity stunt huh? That's actually not so far fetched...

I actually questioned if he ever really planned on hiring her in the first place.  He is making a dance movie, does she have some sort of credentials to help out on that?  Maybe she does.  Honestly I don't really care, it's a pretty silly story all around.

But teh nazis!

"He is making a dance movie, does she have some sort of credentials to help out on that?"

\

read the article. That's the issue with SJWs. they go by feels not facts. If you read the article you would know the answer to your question. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.