The third RPGCodex review - the best, most accurate review yet

I don't fully understand. This review was going to be posted on the Codex but since Sensuki "leaked" it now its being posted here? To avoid "drama"?

Yes, that's exactly right. It's an official Codex review, but PrimeJunta didn't want it on the Codex anymore after a codexer leaked it. This seemed like the best alternative; I posted this thread at Infinitron's suggestion.

• Like 5

I don't fully understand. This review was going to be posted on the Codex but since Sensuki "leaked" it now its being posted here? To avoid "drama"?

Yes, that's exactly right. It's an official Codex review, but PrimeJunta didn't want it on the Codex anymore after a codexer leaked it. This seemed like the best alternative; I posted this thread at Infinitron's suggestion.

Annnnd, now a flat-out lie. The Codex just keeps getting classier.

I never said that I don't want it on the Codex. I said that I'm done working on it, and even explicitly pointed out, in public, that should you want to complete and publish it, you have my blessing. Don't pretend not to know that, because you replied to the message to the effect of "We don't need your blessing, you just gave up all rights on it so I can shop it to IGN for $10 if I want."

Edited by PrimeJunta

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

the only thing we will note, as we ain't heard how sensuki spins it, if pj offered a review to sensuki with the clear understanding that sensuki represented the codex and that the review were a submission to the codex, then...  *shrug* no takebacksees on those embarrassing penthouse letters to the editor. 

the thing is, it appears to us that pj were going to sensuki personally for editorial review o' a work sensuki knew were incomplete.  is so many things wrong with what sensuki did, but again, we only hear from pj.  am not sure how sensuki spins, but am having a hard time imagining a motivation that makes sensuki actions less slimey.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

(I also reviewed Sensuki and matt's essay on the attribute system, and when he asked me to keep mum about it, I did. That's one reason I figured I'd ask him for feedback, to return the favor as it were. Yes, before you ask, I am somewhat bitter.)

Wow, that makes him even more of  jerk.

Hey Gifted1, is it my imagination or did you chide Sensuki at one point during beta for making private messages public?

(I also reviewed Sensuki and matt's essay on the attribute system, and when he asked me to keep mum about it, I did. That's one reason I figured I'd ask him for feedback, to return the favor as it were. Yes, before you ask, I am somewhat bitter.)

Wow, that makes him even more of jerk.

Hey Gifted1, is it my imagination or did you chide Sensuki at one point during beta for making private messages public?

Somehow, I have this image of Cersei Lannister making the Walk of Shame with Sensuki's mug face superimposed.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Sensuki wasn't the only one involved, but yes it was absolutely clear that it was a submission to the Codex, and yes, everyone had been explicitly requested to .

two observations: 

first, am confused. presumably somebody with authority at codex, if such a person exists, asked those folks contributing to pj's review to "keep it under wraps," yes? however, earlier in this thread it were noted that sensuki received permission from the codex to post pj's rough draft. is Gromnir missing something?  or is that why sensuki is "pleased with himself"? tell collaborators not to do exactly what sensuki got permission to do? 

second observation is that we got no idea why we continue to post in this thread. bad on Gromnir.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Not that I recall, but that doesn't rule it out. :lol:

Sensuki did that to Osvir, if I recall.

So there's precedent.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Permission to post it so as to not get banned is not the same thing as being forced or even asked to do so. His actions reflect poorly on the Codex. As a proud Codexian Gentleman, I am somewhat displeased by this sort of thing. Real Codexers should have it out in the marketplace of ideas not by this sort of backstabbery. But, at least there is drama.

Edited by Shevek

Sensuki's just a member though. If it had been just him plus the howler monkeys I would probably have soldiered on. What I couldn't cope with is that what he did is considered perfectly okay. There were a few people going "bitch move bro," far outnumbered by the back-slappers, and the site admin himself giving his imprimatur on it. If something reflects badly on the Codex, it's that, not what some lone sociopath did.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

LOL Sensuki who did you piss off on SomethingAwful to this to your account.

Also I kind of think you should move on from PoE, I don't know what you did or didn't do, nor do I care, but taking a quick look at the SA and RPGCodex threads, you really are going overboard (or maybe that is just the codex, lol)... Learn to let go man.

All that being said I really should give PoE a go, so many "interesting" threads here to enjoy.

Edited by Gfted1
Image removed. Cursing, derogatory terms, etc...
  • Like 3

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

That's just the Codex. Most of the posts in that thread are sarcastic.

That's also the second custom avatar I've had on SA :) I got that one for posting negative impressions about the game and calling out the combat for not being tactical.

That's just the Codex. Most of the posts in that thread are sarcastic.

That's also the second custom avatar I've had on SA :) I got that one for posting negative impressions about the game and calling out the combat for not being tactical.

Any forum that does that is sh*t in my opinion, even worse that it's a paywall forum...

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I suppose so, although personally I found it humorous both times. 

If anything, it makes my posts more noticeable  :grin: although I only really check that forum once every now and again and generally only reply to posts related to myself or the Codex.

I only came here today because this thread was linked in my Codex thread. Anyway, nice to see you Sarex. ciao

Edited by Sensuki

I have no interest in discussing the review, and would in fact prefer that this thread be nuked altogether, or, failing that, locked.

That's a bit harsh, isn't it? Felipepepe should probably have a say in that, at any rate.