The third RPGCodex review - the best, most accurate review yet

Both DarkUnderlord and Vault Dweller waded into that thread to defend you. On the Codex, it doesn't get much better than that.

Doesn't matter. What I care about is the betrayal of trust and that it was considered OK by everyone concerned, even those who wanted the review published.  

Edit: and by "OK" I mean "at most worth a finger-wag."

In retrospect, what I should've done is this: "Either that thread is retardoed and Sensuki gets a tag, or I'm pulling the plug. You have one hour." More fool me.

Edited by PrimeJunta

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

You know man.. It's really abit sad. You can rationalize it, you can post all your little gimmicks, and make your smilies all you want. At the end of the day, you made a **** move. Atleast you have stripped yourself of all pretence.

It's too bad you didn't like the game, you backed and worked on, but give it a rest man.

I took a stand based on the quality of Codexian content (which has become a controversial topic as of late), which was backed by some of the staff members (including one who was also privy to the PM until he ejected from it) and many of the forum members. I did so with the consultation of around 15 other Codexers. As a result, we got Vault Dweller and Grunker's (partial) review which offers a more measured outlook and doesn't give a free pass on various obvious faults with the game, and does not serve as an advertisement or propaganda piece. I'm content with the outcome (and the fallout) and I've never been afraid to be in the line of fire.

As to publishing the review Shevek - go right ahead. I wanted to expose what you guys were doing, TBH I was actually surprised that it was not published.

You took a stand. You asked some people (not the most involved person it seems). You're content.. You're not afraid to be in the line of fire. But this isn't about you. You were only asked, in private, to look at an unfinished review in progress. The problem is that you backstabbed and betrayed. 

Besides your reasoning is flawed. If you want to discuss the merit of the review and standards of the sites content, how dare you submit an unfinished piece. That makes your argument invalid. 

An incomplete product is not a reflection of anything. It's a work in progress. 

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 3

Both DarkUnderlord and Vault Dweller waded into that thread to defend you. On the Codex, it doesn't get much better than that.

Doesn't matter. What I care about is the betrayal of trust and that it was considered OK by everyone concerned, even those who wanted the review published.  

In retrospect, what I should've done is this: "Either that thread is retardoed and Sensuki gets a tag, or I'm pulling the plug. You have one hour." More fool me.

Getting rid of the thread would have initiated a Streisand effect of massive proportions and you know it. The Codex can't do that, we cannot declare a topic of discussion out of bounds once it's out there.

As for the tag, we'll see about that.

Getting rid of the thread would have initiated a Streisand effect of massive proportions and you know it. The Codex can't do that, we cannot declare a topic of discussion out of bounds once it's out there.

As for the tag, we'll see about that.

Don't care about the Streisand effect. Don't care about the discussion. Do care that a clear signal is sent that posting a draft without permission is not OK and will not be tolerated.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

You took a stand. You asked some people (not the most involved person it seems). You're content.. You're not afraid to be in the line of fire. But this isn't about you. You were only asked, in private, to look at an unfinished review in progress. The problem is that you backstabbed and betrayed. 

Besides your reasoning is flawed. If you want to discuss the merit of the review and standards of the sites content, how dare you submit an unfinished piece. That makes your argument invalid. 

An incomplete product is not a reflection of anything. It's a work in progress.

https://www.wikileaks.org

• Like 1

Oh my, Sensuki thinks he's comparable to Wiki Leaks.  Guess he really is a delusional ****wit.

Sensuki, let's be honest, you leaked it before it was complete so that you could attack it before it was finished, because you knew your arguments would look pathetic against the finished article.  You had some pity and respect early on for supposedly testing the beta, but you have destroyed it now yourself, and people see the real you.  Think people are going to start ignoring you now that you have nothing worth contributing and are clearly just after attention. 

• Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Sensuki, let's be honest, you leaked it before it was complete so that you could attack it before it was finished, because you knew your arguments would look pathetic against the finished article.

You are free to make up whatever delusions about it that you like :)

Think people are going to start ignoring you now that you have nothing worth contributing and are clearly just after attention.

I'm not the one complaining about it on multiple forums because the Codex isn't paying attention icon_lol.gif

My conclusion is this: Some people take computer games WAY to seriously.

• Like 2

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Good to see ethics in journalism in action. This is exactly the bull**** "Gamersgate" stand for and probagate. To be honest I havn't followed this whole thread in it's entirety, but there are a couple of points which should really apply to these issues. Firstly, if some one sends you an article/story which is a WIP, it is always strictly confidential unless you get something in writing to the contrary from the author. Which means you may not publish it or show it to anyone else. If the work is finished and ready to be published you still may not publish it yourself unless you have permission.

Failure to do this shows the people responsible have no ethics or morals whatsover. It's actually not complicated.

• Like 5

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

As are some of the people who collaborated on my review. And no, it doesn't have anything to do with it, nor does it stop me from collaborating with them.

The irony is that Sensuki and many of the people back-slapping him are also Gamergate supporters -- yet when the rubber meets the road, this is their idea of ethics in journalism.

Edited by PrimeJunta

FYI, the author of the Codex's previous positive review is a noted Gamergate supporter. That doesn't have anything to do with it.

Yeah, look that may very well be the case - though the issue is not about whether people like a game/movie/story or not. It's about ethics and morals. People may like a review or hate it - and they have every right to do so. They can have a go at it to their hearts content, but you can't sabotage other people work. And yes, unfortunately "Gamersgate" people are at the forefront of the "I have no idea about this ethics thing". It goes hand in hand with privelege and the  "my opinion is far more important than yours and if you don't listen I'm going to sulk!" crowd.

Edited by rheingold
  • Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light