The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]

Rosbjerg

Finally completed the game and it only took me three months! RPGs are far too long these days. I had to take a week off playing once I made it Skellige - major video game fatigue. It's the question marks that do it. Is there anything more disheartening than a world map full of ?

Yeah, I'm usually a proponent of open worlds filled with things to do, but CD Project Red really overdid it with the questions marks everywhere. Especially when it's usually just a bunch of chests under the surface of the sea.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Irish.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Six million copies sold at the end of June apparently, seems to have reaped the rewards it deserves.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm afraid not, the last I heard the PC was doing quite well in taking almost half of the sales, however I expect that can't last. CDPR said themselves that the game would not be possible without console sales.

• Like 1

Tea for the teapot!

Finally completed the game and it only took me three months! RPGs are far too long these days. I had to take a week off playing once I made it Skellige - major video game fatigue. It's the question marks that do it. Is there anything more disheartening than a world map full of ?

I'm pretty sure there's something in the options screen that allows you to turn off the question marks.  That might be a better way to go, so you don't necessarily see the hundreds of question marks that only lead to a chest full of useless loot.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm afraid not, the last I heard the PC was doing quite well in taking almost half of the sales, however I expect that can't last. CDPR said themselves that the game would not be possible without console sales.

More than one million activations/ purchases on GOG was mentioned, so that suggests around two million PC sales total at a rough estimate. That's about the same proportion as when it was 1.3 million PC out of 4 million total in their previous estimate.

• Like 1

A third, not to be sniffed at, but it's clear that consoles will take even more priority for CDPR from now on.

Tea for the teapot!

A third, not to be sniffed at, but it's clear that consoles will take even more priority for CDPR from now on.

Only if they're dumb.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Man, I've been playing this game since release and I still haven't managed to finish it. Not a very healthy game for a completionist, gotta go through all those side-quests!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm pretty sure there's something in the options screen that allows you to turn off the question marks.  That might be a better way to go, so you don't necessarily see the hundreds of question marks that only lead to a chest full of useless loot.

Yeah, I thought I'd read that somewhere but when I looked a few weeks back I couldn't find the option. Probably me being dense! I'll take another look.

16x8088 overclocked to 4.4 Thz (liquid helium cooled) and 128 TNT2 cards run in parallel is my current set up.

Or might as well be. While I've done upgrades the heart of my computer is nine years old in October, it could play TWitcher2 OK but the only response I'd get if I tried 3 on it would be "mate, you're dreaming" and melted components. It'd be like raiding a rest home to get workers for a 19th century coal mine.

• Like 1