Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Blarghagh

"Why would he make such a strange comment? Is this a joke ?"

www. killallmen. com

Just a joke.

\But, www. killallwomen. com is DEAD SERIOUS and CAN GET YOU EXECUTED IN WESTERN  WORLD.

R00fles!

I thinka guy, btw, who celebrates going to strip bars to oogle women but whines about 'sexism' when someone else praises those same feminine features is rather hypocritical.

Also, Bruce, do you have a problem when women oogle men and  brag about their boyfriends' **** sizes  and  slobber over male muscles and features?

Of course you don't because not only are you sexist, racist, and hateful, you  view women as weak and helpless. You must REALLY hate  the new Mad Max which protrays women as strong enoguh to take defend themselves without being babysat or treated as children.

OMGZ!

You have a vaguely interesting accusation but as usual your premise is so horribly flawed it should almost be illegal

I have no issue with him going to a strip club...but writing such a childish and offensive update is just not acceptable in corporate culture and many others. I thought  it couldn't be real

And you right, I have no issue with what women may say in that example....and if men want to do that its fine, I just won't do it 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"And you right, I have no issue with what women may say in that example....and if men want to do that its fine, I just won't do it "

This is all I needed. *updates text*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

^Yikes!

On another note, remember Senran Kagura? The game that caused headlines by the usual suspects? The producer has now answered:

V3APtEe.jpg

Why would he make such a strange comment? Is this a joke ?

He is dead serious. Stop being so ignorant and judgemental of japanese culture.

I doubt anyone would be so offensive original.gif

That's in line with Japanese culture. Maybe you should check your privilege and not try to force your culture on him.

No I  don't believe you, and privilege has nothing to do with it. I am talking about universal themes and considerations that resonate with most people

You don't understand Japanese culture and are trying to shove your values onto someone else. That's incredibly insulting to the Japanese and you should show them more respect.

Thats rich coming from you who claims to " understand " Japanese culture and thinks sexist comments is normal for them.... ermm.gif

Japan has a completely different approach from the West when it comes to body image and acceptable displays of the body. If you knew anything about Japanese culture, you would understand this and wouldn't be attempting to force your view on them.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

"And you right, I have no issue with what women may say in that example....and if men want to do that its fine, I just won't do it "

This is all I needed. *updates text*

There is nothing wrong with looking just don't be crass and derogatory afterwards

In a strip club obviously you  will be looking but you can still treat the girls with respect

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"There is nothing wrong with looking just don't be crass and derogatory afterwards

In a strip club obviously you  will be looking but you can still treat the girls with respect"

But, you don't. You treat women as pieces of meat who can be goggled but should be treated with kid gloves...

You are sick and evil and racist and sexist. Just admit it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Given the game, the comment is hardly a surprise.  It's a pretty silly game, so I don't know why such a thing would be taken seriously.  Although KP's little Japanese culture lecture is a bit much.   :wowey:

Is this real? I find it hard to believe that "normal" people would ever think that this is a smart thing to write.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Volo has been hacked!

I've never seen him actually post an image before.  It's also filled with swear words, and I know such an upstanding member of the community would never purposefully create problems for the mods.  I'll report it so hopefully he can get his account back.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Is this real? I find it hard to believe that "normal" people would ever think that this is a smart thing to write.

Exactly my  point....but lets not raise the glaring issue with writing such an update. Lets blame the people who point this out with "you don't understand Japanese culture " ( like such a thing would be acceptable in Japan in mainstream Japanese culture )  :wowey:

John Milton 

[image removed for circumventing the language filter]

I'm missing the relevance of this image ?

Edited by TrueNeutral

John Milton 

Exactly my  point....but lets not raise the glaring issue with writing such an update. Lets blame the people who point this out with "you don't understand Japanese culture " ( like such a thing would be acceptable in Japan in mainstream Japanese culture )  :wowey:

Oh please, if someone pointed out that Muslims treat women like subhumans you people would be railing against the evil racism of white supremacists. The fact is you have a problem with how the Japanese view sexuality and want then to confirm to your puritanical views on women's bodies.

He's also responding to Vol's post.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Oh, what is acceptable in Japanese mainstream culture then?

This? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PptVzNRJex0

This? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSoZzDWgrgo

This? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XifnH3jPCbA

This? 

This? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87LwwGh-U34

This? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgky7XNNCLc

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Oh please, if someone pointed out that Muslims treat women like subhumans you people would be railing against the evil racism of white supremacists. The fact is you have a problem with how the Japanese view sexuality and want then to confirm to your puritanical views on women's bodies.

I'm not sure if you are being serious but please stop using words like " puritanical views " and " evil racism of white supremacists " 

You grandstanding on topics that aren't even accurate ...you are sounding like Nonek  :biggrin:

John Milton 

I'm not sure if you are being serious but please stop using words like " puritanical views " and " evil racism of white supremacists " 

You grandstanding on topics that aren't even accurate ...you are sounding like Nonek  :biggrin:

How cute.

First you claim that Volo has opinions that almost should be illegal and now you're telling other adults on what to say. Atleast real fascists boast that they have the will to power to command over others through might alone. What's your excuse again?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

How cute.

First you claim that Volo has opinions that almost should be illegal and now you're telling other adults on what to say. Atleast real fascists boast that they have the will to power to command over others through might alone. What's your excuse again?

I don't need an excuse, I'm not a fascist. You guys just have an issue with hearing the truth and people criticizing inane points that you sometimes make  :yes:

John Milton 

How cute.

I don't need an excuse, I'm not a fascist. You guys just have an issue with hearing the truth and people criticizing inane points that you sometimes make  :yes:

Sniveling away, are we not? Either words or opinions are allowed or not. Either you let people speak or you wish them to shut up.

Come on now, out of the closet already. 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Trolls don't hide in closets, they hide under bridges. As much fun as it may be to illustrate Bruce's consistent hypocrisy and mutually exclusive positions it never, ever results in anything because he's either the most self acritical person in the known universe or he's doing it deliberately to get a reaction and to derail, in which case every reply gives him exactly what he wants and encourages rather than discourages/ gets him to reflect on anything.

Again, ignore or Ignore. There's nothing to be gained from engaging Bruce on this subject, if there were it would have happened in the previous 2400 (?) posts.

How cute.

Sniveling away, are we not? Either words or opinions are allowed or not. Either you let people speak or you wish them to shut up.

Come on now, out of the closet already. 

Oh don't misunderstand me, I am completely supportive of people saying what they want

But I  battle to accept a baseless and uninformed criticism and I will challenge that 

John Milton 

Trolls don't hide in closets, they hide under bridges. As much fun as it may be to illustrate Bruce's consistent hypocrisy and mutually exclusive positions it never, ever results in anything because he's either the most self acritical person in the known universe or he's doing it deliberately to get a reaction and to derail, in which case every reply gives him exactly what he wants and encourages rather than discourages/ gets him to reflect on anything.

Again, ignore or Ignore. There's nothing to be gained from engaging Bruce on this subject, if there were it would have happened in the previous 2400 (?) posts.

Zora can I ask you favor, can you stop constantly saying " Bruce is a troll, just ignore him" 

I'm surprised someone as intelligent and observant as you hasn't realized that the people I debate with know exactly my debating etiquette. We really don't need you to feel you have to keep reminding people 

You sound like a stuck record and I have ignored it the first 10 times 

John Milton 

Oh don't misunderstand me, I am completely supportive of people saying what they want

But I  battle to accept a baseless and uninformed criticism and I will challenge that 

Zora can I ask you favor, can you stop constantly saying 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Zora can I ask you favor, can you stop constantly saying 

And once again another inaccurate "comparison " 

I have no issue with a debate but the sole contribution Zora makes is to feel the need to keep saying  " Bruce is a Troll " 

So this is directly related to me so once again another example of an inane comment  that I will sometimes respond to 

John Milton 

Seeing as you've offered no rebuttal to Messhugger and I's assertion that Takaki's special message was in line with Japaense culture(with Messhugger even going to post several videos, list a piece of artwork, and namedrop a film to support his argument), you're the one making baseless and uninformed statements. If you have evidence that shows that such humor is out of line, post it and refute what we're saying.