[1.05] Modal Abilities not showing graphical effect

Evange

Question

Hi, would like to highlight that 2 abilities that I've tested so far (Vulnerable Attack and Vicious Aim) do not show their graphical effect when loading a game that has them activated.

Edited by Evange

6 answers to this question

It's very old problem with no response from Obsidian :(

They fixed some modal abilities like Pally's Zealous auras and Fighter's Defender ability by turning them off and activating them again whenever you load a game.

Wonder why they didn't do it for the other abilities though...

Bumping this for visibility. I'm pretty sure I also reported it but I couldn't find that thread. This occurs with all modals, not just the two you mentioned. Loading a save with the modal activated causes the SFX (visual and audio) for the modal to never play for the remainder of that session.

SAVED GAME: link

REPRO STEPS:

Load the attached saved game.

Observe that the protagonist possesses the Savage Attack modal, which is currently not active.

Activate Savage Attack; observe that an orange glow appears on the character's hands.

Save the game and quit.

Load the game.

Select the protagonist and observe that Savage Attack is active, but no orange glow can be observed on the character's hands.

De-activate Savage Attack, then re-activate it.

Observe that when re-activating Savage Attack, no orange glow appears on the character's hands.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hey, could someone from the dev team confirm whether this is going to be fixed in 2.0?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus