Why are the wizard and priest totally useless in this game

This thread, lol. Only thing that keeps you from having MORE casters is lazyness. In terms of power wizards and priests are awesome.

Oh stop with insulting bovine fecal matter.

You got issues. I wasn't insulting anyone. Now for you that's an entirely different story.

You damned well were.  You said that anyone who doesn't use more casters is lazy.  That's pretty damned insulting in my book.  So stop it.  Stop insulting people.

What he said is truth tho , using casters requires more micro , and ofcourse Priest's and Wizards are powerhouse . Priest is hands down best class for full party , you can replace anyone in party of 6 just not a priest , wizard is godmode nowdays after patch 

@Crucis If this is " pretty damn insulting" for you i think you should just get out to real life a bit more , maybe you get proper insult and then realize that this was not one . Also now you sound like some SJW having PMS all over internet . Leave the man alone , if any1 its you who deserves a chill pill . 

Edited by Exoduss
  • Like 1

This thread, lol. Only thing that keeps you from having MORE casters is lazyness. In terms of power wizards and priests are awesome.

You got issues. I wasn't insulting anyone. Now for you that's an entirely different story.

You damned well were.  You said that anyone who doesn't use more casters is lazy.  That's pretty damned insulting in my book.  So stop it.  Stop insulting people.

You ever heard of people referring to themselves as “you“? It's normal english grammar.

What he said is truth tho , using casters requires more micro , and ofcourse Priest's and Wizards are powerhouse . Priest is hands down best class for full party , you can replace anyone in party of 6 just not a priest , wizard is godmode nowdays after patch 

@Crucis If this is " pretty damn insulting" for you i think you should just get out to real life a bit more , maybe you get proper insult and then realize that this was not one . Also now you sound like some SJW having PMS all over internet . Leave the man alone , if any1 its you who deserves a chill pill . 

You're just making excuses for bad behavior.

And there's a big difference between saying that casters require more micro and calling people who choose not to use more casters "lazy".  Stop being a jerk.

Edited by Crucis
  • Like 1

You ever heard of people referring to themselves as “you“? It's normal english grammar.

Hardly.  In the real world, proper english grammar is to refer to yourself as "I" or "me".

The wizard and priest do require some care when you use them. Spells have ranges, and some of the spell ranges are quite short. If you tell a mage or priest to cast a spell with a 5-meter range on someone 10 meters away, the caster will run up until they are close enough to cast it. This can seriously mess things up if you weren't planning for that!

The way to prevent this is, when you go to cast the spell, look at the circular pointer you use to click where you want the spell to be. If it has a little icon of footprints on it, that means that spot is too far away from your spellcaster, and your caster will need to walk closer in order to cast the spell there. If you don't want your caster to do that, don't cast that spell on that spot. Or, if the pointer is red with a crossed-out eye on it, that means your caster doesn't have line-of-sight on that spot and will need to move bfeore casting. So if you don't want your spellcaster moving, you should only cast the spell if the pointer is the regular spell-casting pointer, and doesn't have footprints or an eye on it.

Once you get used to managing their spells, they are fairly powerful classes.

Alternately, do you accidentally have your casters set to use their melee weapons? You can switch between their two weapons; make sure they're set to be using their wand (or whatever their range weapon is) and not a sword or quarterstaff or something. The character's inventory page will show them holding the weapon they are currently using.

Man, I wish I was you, then I could experience the joy of how to position and learn to use wizard/priest all over again.

Enjoy the ride!

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

I always played the BG/IWD series with a priest and a wizard in the party. Those peeps are invaluable when used properly. Buff, heal, AOE, DPS they have tose covered. I can live without an archer, or any fighter that can't be built as a tank. I can't live without priests and wizards. I'm very much a traditionalist when it comes to a party, because why change something that works too well...

• Like 1

Hardly.  In the real world, proper english grammar is to refer to yourself as "I" or "me".

Let me guess, you are not a native?

This game is hard to follow, I played BG 1 and 2 but in this game, when my priest or wizard cast spells, nothing happens, they just run into a fight using there weapons and get eliminated, this is really crap, totally pissing me off

It's because they have tendencies to trip in their robes, put them in pants and they should do just fine

• Like 2

This game is hard to follow, I played BG 1 and 2 but in this game, when my priest or wizard cast spells, nothing happens, they just run into a fight using there weapons and get eliminated, this is really crap, totally pissing me off

I can honestly say I've never had this problem. I'll agree that in certain tightly-packed skirmishes Wizards have limited utility with their AoE spells taken off the table, but they excel at any other instance and frankly Durance is one of my party's MVP's. As others have said, both classes have a permenant place in my party.

• Like 1

damn you are a real ****, if you think that this is insulting.

and yes calling you a **** is an insult!

• Like 2

Well, I don't think this thread is going anywhere constructive. Next time maybe we could focus a bit more on the topic and less on who may be insulting who.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts