Which classes has the highest and lowest chance of soloing adra in PoTD?

Priest can lock him down with with seals pretty well + finish off with DoT damage. Also, block passage with summon buffed with sparks of the righteous and shield it with withdraw = invulnerable wall dealing irresistable shock damage for 50 sec or so (adra has high shock resist though).

All can be classified as cheese ofc.

lol, figurine cheese. Then I guess Ptrify spells are also cheese, Mind Binding is Cheese etc.

So far I can tell you how to kill Adra solo: being a Moon-Like Fighter, weapon and shield, max tanker, regen, weapon with accuracy on appropriate enemy group (don't know which dragon was, since I play on Polish version) and just stand there and auto-attack it. Stack Might, Con and Endurace with food before fight. Draining weapon is required to heal, armor with appropriate resistance echants. Auto-attack it to death. No cheese.

Cipher- you can try perma paralyze it or use summon to spam AW and link that gives crushing damage per sec. Stack Might. Use petrify.

Barbarian- set petrify trap, let it get you to 50% HP for Blooded to trigger, lure it to trap, summon 3x Shades, use Animancer Boots and melt it with 3x Jolting Touch.

Rest melee classes you probably want use summons for aggro, dps and extra damage from flanked. Stack Might, CON and have a lot regen potion and kill it.

Wizard- stack MIGHT, all damage bonuses gear you can get. Petrify it and use most damaging spells on it. Should go down fast.

Really only class that can kill it WITHOUT ANY "cheese" is geared up Fighter. He can just stand there and tank and kill it. There is video somewhere also with it.

Edited by Voltron
  • Like 3

Any class can pull off petrify trap.

I had a full tank fighter (150+ deflect, ~100 all resists unbuffed) and it still got oneshot  by the dragon (it seems to be able to attack multiple resists), so I don't think fighter auto attack plan is gonna work.

Edit: Just checked, and wing slam is a fort attack with secondary prone vs reflex @ 120 accuracy, so tanking it doesn't look realistic.

Edited by MadDemiurg

Any class can pull off petrify trap.

I had a full tank fighter (150+ deflect, ~100 all resists unbuffed) and it still got oneshot  by the dragon (it seems to be able to attack multiple resists), so I don't think fighter auto attack plan is gonna work.

Edit: Just checked, and wing slam is a fort attack with secondary prone vs reflex @ 120 accuracy, so tanking it doesn't look realistic.

There was today solo Adra Figher kill: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/77839-are-paladins-really-not-that-bad/page-2

dukefx posted video there, however somehow video is no longer showing to me (I can even see big open space in his post where video was and there is reply to it in further posts).

Check if you can see this video Mad, maybe it is just me. I watched it today earlier. He was using spear plus shield I think.

Even without the ads it chews up a full tank fighter pretty fast. Mine is quite optimized. I suppose I could squeeze in a few points here and there but it won't really help.

Then my bad, I thought it was Adra dragon.

Well, so the only solo tactic is still in place- GoA trap and melt it with your highest damaging combo your class have.

Adra wasn't really designed to be solo killed without using so called "cheap tactic".

However it is RPG. In real fight would you prefer to fight dragon straight 1v1 or would you use tactic to win it?

IMO GoA trap + figurines (especially 3x Shades with their accuracy) and using what you can best is pretty nice way to kill dragon, since that really shows how strong this dragon is. IMO that is nice.

Ehhh...shame that Adra dragon do not have like 20 melee minions around....my retalitation barb would kill it then :p.

Well, GoA itself/Earth Talon works just as well. Plus it is possible to lock down the dragon with other CC, though I'm not sure whether it would be enough to deal the damage required. Think priest with repulsing seals and a bunch of maelstrom scrolls can work.

There's a bunch of melee and ranged mobs near Adra btw, but I'm pretty sure retal barb won't kill it fast enough even with OSA activated. The dragon hits for 200+ after all.

Edited by MadDemiurg

Well, GoA itself/Earth Talon works just as well. Plus it is possible to lock down the dragon with other CC, though I'm not sure whether it would be enough to deal the damage required. Think priest with repulsing seals and a bunch of maelstrom scrolls can work.

There's a bunch of melee and ranged mobs near Adra btw, but I'm pretty sure retal barb won't kill it fast enough even with OSA activated. The dragon hits for 200+ after all.

Range mobs won't do, they need to be melee to turn on OSA and hit my bard to trigger retalitation procing and activate Carnage procing around.

I would still need to tank which is impossible so GoA is still the only way.

Priest can work, same as Wizard, however GoA is still needed to not risk being OHKed by Adra Dragon.

Note: NOT including cheese

Dude have you even fought the Adra dragon?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Ceranai did it solo with a Chanter, but you might find it too cheesy. Starting from about this post here, you can see a lot of the things he attempted, some discussion about various strategies, getting one shot by the dragon etc:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/76328-solo-play-tips-not-exploits-potd/page-4?do=findComment&comment=1656204

It might help you plan out a strat that will work for you at least.