Dear Obsidian; I really, really love this game.

I really do, despite the bugs (but being a software developer myself I know how pesky these can be). Ever since the time I played Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 for months, I have been waiting for another game that would offer the same experience to me. Pillars of Eternity does.

Apart from that, your crowdfunding campaign has been my most positive experience with Kickstarter so far. Thank you, good work, and well done. That is all. :)

d564a495caab43511cdbe932daa277c0.jpg

• Like 6

FdSm3p1.png

I really really love that squirrel painting. :grin:

Squirrel's are the awesome.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I really really love that squirrel painting. :grin:

Squirrel's are the awesome.

Yes, they are indeed awesome little fellas. I have several in my garden, which I regularly feed with little treats by hiding them in the trees for them to find. :)

Oh, and this one's also nice:

38f2b3a696c51ec1b86a587b77980b54.jpg

Edited by Lythe Vodaine
  • Like 1

FdSm3p1.png

Yeah, we used to have squirrels in the yard a lot too. Sadly they didn't let me dress them up. ;)

yard-squirrel-065-sq1a.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I love it too :D

I'm a student so I don't have much money, and my friends even tried to convince me to pirate it. I have almost no money for food the last week of April because I bought PoE, but I dont regret it. 

Taking a gamble and having the desire to recreate the glory days of planescape and the like? I respected Obsidian so much for that, and I'm so thankful - that I'd rather starve the last week of April than steal the game. 

• Like 2

Towards the end I'm having difficulty with the same-y combat feeling (lots o' threads on that) but outside of that, I do love the game. With 5 companions in my group I've found them all to be at least worth the ride for the banter/humor and occasional pc-convo. Especially Eder. I've considered solo games but I don't think I could be without Eder so it'd have to be two. :lol: The art and dungeon layouts I've liked a lot. Questing has felt pretty good for what they put in.

Overall I'm not disappointed - they could just use to tweak some combat mechanics, perhaps.

I've sent the team an e-mail. I suggest you do the same. I know that it's always welcomed to hear about just how much people appreciate your work.

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

I've sent the team an e-mail. I suggest you do the same. I know that it's always welcomed to hear about just how much people appreciate your work.

Where do I find their emails at by chance? Also only if it's listed somewhere public, don't wanna be all stalkerish lmao