If YOU were a character in Pillars, what would you look like?

For those who don't know, -99999 Intelligence means that when you use Knock Down on an enemy, it sends them back in time a little bit over 4 hours, then applies the Prone status on them until the point in the future when you used Knock Down on them.

Your AoEs, on the other hand, effect an alternate dimension instead of the current one, which makes them less useful for combat on this plane and more useful for destroying alternate-reality versions of yourself. See also: Deadpool Kills Deadpool.

Edited by scrotiemcb

I'm skinny(115-128 range), short(5'6-7ish), and pale. So...Pale Elf, I guess, if not just a short and skinny Meadowfolk, because **** being an Orlan, quite frankly.

Class...Cipher, Ranger, or Wizard. If I'm real honest I'd probably be a Ranger with a wolf or a lion. Because I like dogs and cats. But I want to be a Cipher.

Probably focus on picking talents that make me better with a bow or a rifle, and making my animal friend tankier. First skill would probably be Marked Prey.

Attributes are hard and stupid. I probably have less than the normal total number of points.

Mig 8

Con 8

Dex 14

Per 14

Int 14

Res 8

Wheeeeee.

Washington. Not DC. So...the Living Lands? There's no background for shut-ins or slackers for good reason so lets go with Drifter only without the drifting.

Favoured dispositions: Rational, Stoic, Honest, Diplomatic.

Disliked: Deceptive, Cruel

Armor type would probably be some type of padded, leather, or scale.

"Heh heh. Dirt... Nap... Dirt nap!"

Okay, I'm feeling rather silly about this, but I'll try to be serious.

Race - Pale elf. Because I'm quite skinny, not very tall and, by OP's definition, I live in a middle of northern nowhere that is Russia.

Which also gives us the land of origin - the White that Wends. Since I used to have some interest in occult stuff when I was a teenager, I should probably pick Mystic as cultural background.

Class - that's a difficult one, but since I'm not exactly strong, I'd rather place myself among the spellcasters. I don't like fighting and beating people up, soooo.... Priest, to be in the support team, and Wael or Ondra would be my deity of choice.

Attributes - high perception, mid to high dex and int, low everything else.

Dispositions: diplomatic and rational.

It's difficult to judge oneself fairly sometimes, but here's my attempt:

Male Mountain Dwarf - Paladin - Shield of St. Elga 

Might: 15 

Constitution: 16

Dexterity: 10

Perception: 13

Intellect: 13

Resolve: 16

Favored Dispositions: Benevolent, Honest, Diplomatic

Disfavored Dispositions: Cruel, Aggressive

Culture: Aedyr - Laborer

• Like 1

ooh, I forgot some things, like disposition and equipment.

Favored Dispositions: Benevolent, Diplomatic, Clever, Honest, Deceptive

Disfavored Dispositions: Cruel, Aggressive, Stoic *yawn*

Weapons: warbow, double swords, giant pudding spoon

Armor: something flashy and distracting, or completely black, depending on mood. I have a thing for boots, but the ones in PoE are hideous.

Edited by Sphecida

So usually when something like this comes up my answer is pretty standard. Human ranger with a wolf companion. It fits me really well. For PoE I have been trying to break out of the usual cycles though. I haven't even made a human character yet. So, I went for a different approach to this and even made a character and played him till he hit second level.

Male Nature Godlike (human descended) Druid. He spiritshifts into a wolf. He is from the Living Lands and his background is explorer. So he has a really good survival and lore skill, and after leveling his athletics, stealth, and mechanics all got a bump. His stats are might 10, constitution 12, dexerity 10, perception 12, intelligence 17, resolve 15.

I feel it describes me to a reasonable extent. I am a forester and love to go hiking. I spend a lot of time in the great outdoors, but I'm more likely to be out there contemplating things than doing a big activity. I've always had an affinity for wolves. Rather importantly I am a scholarly individual with my nose in a book, always learning something new, gaining new lore. I grew up in a forested area, a real living land. As to explorer, well I am living in a foreign country right now and trying to see how many stamps I can get in my passport.

I am a human, Meadow Folk mainly, with some Ocean Folk in my ancestry, Aedyran by birth, not by choice.

I would be a wizard, probably with a focus on spells that create, or defend, rather than destruct. I'd invest in Arcane Veil. Also, I'd pick quite some talents that represent unarmed melee capabilities in case non-magical defense or destruction is needed after all.

Might: 11

Constitution: 9

Dexterity: 13

Perception: 13

Intellect: 16

Resolve: 14

I would wear neither armour nor weapons.

I'd be a Philosopher as my background, of the benevolent, rational, stoic and diplomatic kind. I would dislike deceptive, cruel and aggressive characters.

Regarding race and culture: I've chosen this for the character of Me because of my physical appearance, and this culture because it best reflects the society I'm living in, however much I'm disagreeing with its politics and public opinion. So I selected Aedyran not because it represents me, but because it represents the culture around me. I'd judge many traits as "vices" the same way Glanfathans would, while traits that I'd count as "virtues" would be a very un-PoE-y selection from Vailian, Aedyran and Glanfathan "virtues" (as described in the guidebook). 

Regarding class: I chose wizard because it's closest to what I do in real life.

Regarding stats: I started with 10 in each, spending additional 15 points, having +1 Resolve due to Aedyr. [edit]removed unneccesary thoughts about Stats^^

Regarding background: Dissident Philosopher Scientist - but, as I noticed thinking about the attributes Intellect and Resolve, both Scientist and Dissident are not my strong points currently, however much I'd like them to be. So I'm a Philosopher for now.

Regarding disposition:  While I do consider myself to be clever and honest and highly value these traits in others, due to a stupid disposition towards "diplomacy first" these traits would not show in game and only do with a select few people in real life, who have these traits themselves.

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

• 5 months later...

Female nature godlike ranger.

Might 11 (even at nearly 70 I can still drag a 50 pound bale of hay around - pick it up, no.... drag it, yes)

Constitution 14 (I'm NEVER ill - serious)

Dexterity 5 (I'm a klutz - SERIOUS)

Perception 14 (I notice things - I live in an out of the way area, in the woods; I see all sorts of wildlife that others don't notice)

Intellect 17 (I'm very very bright - VERY serious)

Resolve 12 (You don't want to try to budge me when my mind's set on something - I could teach stubborn to a mule, and upright to a preacher)

Ranger because I still hunt - birds, deer, rabbit, elk.... I'm a great shot, though I fall down mountains a lot (see Dex score) but I never break bones (see Con score).  Nature godlike because I really dig them, but wood elf would be cool too.  Not human because I am - some of the time....

From The White that Wends (because it appeals to me), and an explorer because I'm VASTLY interested in everything in the world.

Probably missed some stuff.  Oh well!