Disable Auto-Save on Area Transition?

Troy4747

Question

8 answers to this question

I don't (yet) have issues with loading times but I'd like this option as well. I just don't like autosaves. There's none in the game options that I can see.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hello,

Are there any plans on implementing Autosave enable/disable option in the settings menu in upcoming patch?

Also anyone else knows a way to disable it by other means? I was using a moded Assembly-CSharp.dll which only removed the call for GameState.FinalizeLevelLoad() from the ordinary bin (posted on the Nexus forums... but it seem was not updated for 1.03. I also looked at the IE mode, but i only saw a option to make the save before the loading screen, and not disable it completly, or I am mistaken?

Appreciate any help, or such option implemented officially soon :)

Thanks

Another vote for this - no excessive delays on my system but I would still prefer faster area loading.

Bump

Same issue, load times are now like 30 seconds to move between levels .... so thats almost 2 minutes to rest in stronghold.

The latest version of the IE mod lets you disable autosave entirely.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I know this is a really old post, but Obsidian, please patch in an option to disable autosave, or fix the way it's stored... 

When a game is based on exploration, yet going in to a city discourages you from exploring because you need to wait 30 seconds for a loading scree, meaning the 15 seconds of exploration inside a house feels wasted, the game feels ruined... I've restarted this game so many times by now, and whenever I reach a certain point it just ruins the game.

Please, add autosave, since the mod author doesn't seem to be working on the autosave mod anymore :( I needs the gamesies! Truth be told, this is the only reason this game isn't doing it for me... I keep ending when save-times reach 30 seconds +...

(Sorry for reviving this old post, just couldn't stop myself anymore... It just seems like this isn't even being thought about, which is ruining this awesome game...)