Seven Dragon Saga by Tactical Simulations Interactive (TSI) KS

Well the problem with kickstarter projects is the credibility of the team behind it.

While I like the concept I am not sure if I can trust that it will deliver, I am in the group, that once its funded and shipped I will buy it based on the feedback, but I am not blind trusting like I am in case of the PoE team and W2 team.

I agree with you, but this is a pretty experienced team, so this is one of the Kickstarter's that looks reliable.  Plus they already have some gameplay going on, so this isn't starting from scratch.

Well the problem with kickstarter projects is the credibility of the team behind it.

While I like the concept I am not sure if I can trust that it will deliver, I am in the group, that once its funded and shipped I will buy it based on the feedback, but I am not blind trusting like I am in case of the PoE team and W2 team.

I agree with you, but this is a pretty experienced team, so this is one of the Kickstarter's that looks reliable.  Plus they already have some gameplay going on, so this isn't starting from scratch.

what have they released and when? This is the questions for most of the people. if they cannot easily identify the past products and their quality it is highly unlikely they will support it. I have a problem with answering to that question myself.

That's a reasonable position. Fact is it's more if a risk to back a kick starter than waiting for o see how it turned out.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Gotta be honest, the video most of the way sold me (it reminded me of ToEE, and I've been jonesing for a ToEE-like game) and the devs assuring me there would be good non-caster combat options (I asked them a question and they answered within a few hours.)

Now I'm just worried it won't get funded... :(

I wouldn't worry about whether it is going to fund or not when deciding whether to put money down as the worst that can happen there is that funding fails and you don't get charged a cent, same as if there had never been a kickstarter. That happened to me with the Fresh3D/ Outcast KS. Some of the crowdfunding sites have flexible funding where partial funding will be accepted, but KS doesn't.

If you think it looks good  and want to put money down do so, if you don't don't. Don't worry about whether it funds, there really isn't much at all that any single person can do to influence that unless your last name is Persson.

Still looks a little grim, but at least it's up past 60 grand right now. :Cant's crossing his fingers icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Gotta be honest, the video most of the way sold me (it reminded me of ToEE, and I've been jonesing for a ToEE-like game) and the devs assuring me there would be good non-caster combat options (I asked them a question and they answered within a few hours.)

Now I'm just worried it won't get funded... sad.png

I wouldn't worry about whether it is going to fund or not when deciding whether to put money down as the worst that can happen there is that funding fails and you don't get charged a cent, same as if there had never been a kickstarter. That happened to me with the Fresh3D/ Outcast KS. Some of the crowdfunding sites have flexible funding where partial funding will be accepted, but KS doesn't.

If you think it looks good  and want to put money down do so, if you don't don't. Don't worry about whether it funds, there really isn't much at all that any single person can do to influence that unless your last name is Persson.

I know. My worry about it not getting funded had nothing to do with my pledging, but just a general worry that the campaign would fail and the game wouldn't end up getting made. Here's hoping.

It is probably better they fail now so they can come back with a better campaign and more better things to show.

You're assuming if they fail they will come back. It's not entirely uncommon in my experience for a failed kickstarter to kill a project altogether.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Latest update and they've got over 20% of their goal. They could pull it off. Seems like a little bit of a steep climb, but you never know.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/537511454/seven-dragon-saga-by-tactical-simulations-interact/posts/1170360

EDIT: Forgot to put in the link

Obsidian Plays

I really really hope, that they can do it. But yesterday, they got really big spike in upper tiers (500+ USD) I hope they can get more lower tier pledges as well, they will need them to succeed...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Latest update and they've got over 20% of their goal. They could pull it off. Seems like a little bit of a steep climb, but you never know.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/537511454/seven-dragon-saga-by-tactical-simulations-interact/posts/1170360

I really really hope, that they can do it. But yesterday, they got really big spike in upper tiers (500+ USD) I hope they can get more lower tier pledges as well, they will need them to succeed...

Guys I don't know if I should pledge towards this game but I'm starting to feel guilty that I haven't..what should I do?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Guys I don't know if I should pledge towards this game but I'm starting to feel guilty that I haven't..what should I do?

Only pledge towards it if you'd like it to be made.  Otherwise don't.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Only pledge towards it if you'd like it to be made.  Otherwise don't.

What Amentep said!

But I'm not good at  determining if something is a good KS project, I'm easily fooled by marketing and spin so its hard for me to see real substance.

Of course this doesn't apply to studios like Obsidian and inXile because I obviously know them and know they can deliver  :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

More detailed action/combat description posted on kickstarter today.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/537511454/seven-dragon-saga-by-tactical-simulations-interact/posts

• Like 1

Yeah, it is a pity but I never had a warm and fuzzy feeling about this one so I'm not surprised 

John Milton 

That really is too bad. I was looking forward to seeing how it fit in with the ToN setting. At least that's what I understood about it. I haven't had tons of time, but I did take a quick look through all the updates they sent. I'll keep my pledge earmarked just in case they decide to give it another shot, as Gizmo quoted.

Obsidian Plays

Honestly, I don't get the complaints about the campaign (other than the fact it was underperforming, which I don't understand.) I feel like they gave me the exact sorts of information I would want. I guess I'm just not the typical consumer/backer.

Edited by Vaeliorin
  • Like 1