What are you playing while waiting for PoE to come out?

Hand of Fate, Darkest Dungeon early access, Civilization V and Hearthstone. All these games are mostly "gamey" and not story-based, so I can play a bit of each. Like 1 hour one, one hour the other etc.

I tried to play Dragon Age Inquisition, but it won't run on my dual core so I have to wait for an upgrade (no money right now).

Oh, I installed Jade Empire to check out (missed it back then), though it didn't hook me - fantasy oriental theme not my style I guess.

Edited by Sedrefilos

I'm playing Baldur's Gate like i did 15 years ago but i have serious problems passing through the outdated graphic and bitmaps.

I don't really know how people complain POE to have an "old" graphic when it's clear that it looks a lot modern and better, backgrounds are more clean, have more details and higher resolution, models are 3d and smooth 

Edited by Mazisky

I'm playing Baldur's Gate like i did 15 years ago but i have serious problems passing through the outdated graphic and bitmaps.

I don't really know how people complain POE to have an "old" graphic when it's clear that it looks a lot modern and better, backgrounds are more clean, have more details and higher resolution, models are 3d and smooth 

The "old" goes to the style. Basically not old but old-school. Other than that, of course it is modern; it runs in high resolutions and uses a new 3d graphics engine. But the style of graphics is done the old way. The IE way.

I replayed BG2 last summer and graphics was not my problem (apart from the ugly character models - which I found bad even back then - ); my problem was mostly the same things they were back then: chaotic char sheet and rules (if you're unfamiliar with D&D 2,5 rules), boring non-spellcasting classes and annoying (at -many- times) real-time - though turn-based combat.

Edited by Sedrefilos

The "old" goes to the style. Basically not old but old-school. Other than that, of course it is modern; it runs in high resolutions and uses a new 3d graphics engine. But the style of graphics is done the old way. The IE way.

I meant something different.

I heard someone saying "omg same graphic of Baldur's gate what a shame, i expected some improvements, wtf" and i was complaing that thoose people can't see the huge difference between the 2 products in terms of graphics.

Actually PoE is probably the best  looking 2d isometric game avaiable

Edited by Mazisky
  • Like 1

Playing Kotor for the first time. I played Kotor 2 a year ago and now decided the time has come to play first Kotor too. 

A bit of a disappointment, but on the other hand I promised myself to replay Kotor 2 after I'm finished. So I got that to look forward to. 

After that I will probably finish Dark Messiah and other games in my backlog. 

I meant something different.

I heard someone saying "omg same graphic of Baldur's gate what a shame, i expected some improvements, wtf" and i was complaing that thoose people can't see the huge difference between the 2 products in terms of graphics.

Actually PoE is probably the best  looking 2d isometric game avaiable

Same here. I played a couple older isometric games and I absolutely hated how they look. But Pillars of Eternity looks great on a big monitor and with high graphics. Lots of detail, less fuzzy objects, much, much better textures. In fact I may like PoE graphics more than those of Shadowrun and God knows Shadowrun is damn pretty.

Edited by Sonntam

Well, to be fair, there are many beautiful isometric games. Actually, almost every isometric game has beautiful graphics: Divinity: Original Sin, DOTA2, Heros Of Might and Magic 6, Civilization V, Endless Legend, Diablo 3, Path of Exile, Grey Goo, XCOM and so on. Each with its own style and aesthetics.

Edited by Sedrefilos

Well, to be fair, there are many beautiful isometric games. Actually, almost every isometric game has beautiful graphics: Divinity: Original Sin, DOTA2, Heros Of Might and Magic 6, Civilization V, Endless Legend, Diablo 3, Path of Exile, Grey Goo, XCOM and so on. Each with its own style and aesthetics.

This is true, but i meant 2d games. All title you mentioned are 3d.

This is true, but i meant 2d games. All title you mentioned are 3d.

Then, yes, it is the best. Though there are not many 2D isometric games now... Shadowrun the only one I can think of... Oh, and Serpent in the Staglands.

Also, though the game is 2D, it is made with a 3D Engine and the models are fully 3D. In any case the game sure looks beatiful and up to date graphically :)

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 1

That was the point.

Baldur's gate looks bad today.

Poe looks great.

It is obvious considering the time of release but some people still think they share the identical graphic quality only cause of isometric and 2d.

Edited by Mazisky

Playing Kotor for the first time. I played Kotor 2 a year ago and now decided the time has come to play first Kotor too. 

A bit of a disappointment, but on the other hand I promised myself to replay Kotor 2 after I'm finished. So I got that to look forward to. 

What I liked about first KotoR was that it allowed me to actually role play. I didn't care about light or dark side and the game allowed me to lie or avoid straight answer in all instances that required me to choose a side. I was out for revenge - to kill everyone that betrayed me, but I was not heartless. I would help those in need, but only if they were not complete beggars and I was expecting at least a small reward for my work. I would kill everyone that treatened me, my team or my goal outright without any hessitation, but I could never crush those that have no way of fighting back (impossible odds - plague victics in first planet). In the end - I destroyed Bastila and cut Maliks head off with no mercy. Thanks for the medal republic, see you in dark space.

Ended up with neutral alignment. My favorite companions were HK and Binto.

Good times.

What I liked about first KotoR was that it allowed me to actually role play. I didn't care about light or dark side and the game allowed me to lie or avoid straight answer in all instances that required me to choose a side. I was out for revenge - to kill everyone that betrayed me, but I was not heartless. I would help those in need, but only if they were not complete beggars and I was expecting at least a small reward for my work. I would kill everyone that treatened me, my team or my goal outright without any hessitation, but I could never crush those that have no way of fighting back (impossible odds - plague victics in first planet). In the end - I destroyed Bastila and cut Maliks head off with no mercy. Thanks for the medal republic, see you in dark space.

Good times.

I loved the game when I first palyed it, but the problems is in the universe's stracture. You know for sure, it is de facto, that a Jedi is a true good person and a sith is a true evil person. There is no inbetweens. When the game gave you some doubts about the actions of the jedis, if you are familiar with the universe, you knew at the end they meant only pure good and nothing else - all is sith treachery.

And this is a bit dissapointing when you are over 16 and you want to play a deep role playing game.

Even more dissapointing when the game "promises" you intrigue and gray zones (seems that it's trying to differenciate from the standards of the Star Wars universe) and you find out at the end that a jedi was what you expected from jedi to be and a sith was just a sith (true good VS true evil).

I know we're going off-topic but I wanted to say this :p

Edited by Sedrefilos

Last year I played Wasteland 2, played through the BG enhanced editions, played Shadowrun Returns DMS and Dragonfall, played Avernum 1, spent quite a bit of time conquering Spelunky, and I guess I played a handful of less memorable titles as well, mostly platformers. So far this year I've played through Rayman Origins and Legends, Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate, and Rogue Legacy on my PS Vita and I'm playing Binding of Isaac on my Vita now. I'm playing through Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition right now too, just got to Dorn's Deep. Up next for Vita will probably be Swapper and Hotline Miami and for PC will be Avernum Escape From The Pit or D:OS, or maybe the Director's Cut of Dragonfall.

"Forsooth, methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!"

-Protagonist, Baldur's Gate

Good times.

My gripe with Kotor is actually how hard it is to suspend disbelief. I played a character who was very greedy and often killed people for ****s and giggles... and then Bastila turns around and pats me on the back, because I'm a good person?? Really? 

Even giving money to ten beggars should not negate evil actions so easily. 

And since I was sometimes Dark Side and sometimes Light Side, it felt very weird to call companions call me Satan reborn and then a couple missions later praise me for my kindness and tell me how awesome I am at being Light Side. 

It would probably feel better if I stuck to being Light Side OR strictly to Dark Side. By playing a Chaotic Neutral character I effectively gimped by whole playthrough.

(And it really doesn't help that Carth is meant to be a character my fem!protagonist is supposed to care about. Especially the scene at Malak's ship was hilarious, I literally cried from laughing too hard.

Also, I am rather prickly about the fact that Juhani, one of the few companions I really like, has almost as few lines as T3-M4. At the same time Carth argues with me about the same stuff for four times in a row and the endless stories of Canderous were not that interesting either.)

I guess I'd like the game more if I played first Kotor and then Kotor 2. I just keep comparing first Kotor to Kotor 2 and Kotor loses on pretty much all fronts. Not really surprising, considering that Kotor 2 is my favorite game of all times.

Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition is my current poison of choice - Currently romping through the Underdark :)  Once I finish it, I'm planning on Dragon Age 3 to give me a rest of isometics until a certain date in March.... :)

I'm playing the work. So I have time to play the PoE when it arrives! Work is fun too,´just today I played 4 hours already. Didn't get anywhere thou, where's the load button. :(

I wish I had a save from 5 years ago... maybe then this thing called "Phd project" could still be saved :/

Edited by Rhaeg

South Park which I hadn't seriously picked up before, Spelunky, and Rocksmith 2014.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Forgot that I also just bought Kotor and Kotor 2 off GOG, been years since I played them both but have them now

so I should give them a go again.. but that's after I install the newest version of the restored content mod on Kotor 2.

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Oh dear... I'm currently bouncing around between Fallout: NV (PC; played about 60 hours a while back when it released, then just stopped playing it one day, because of too many other games I picked up), DA:I (PS4), Evolve (PS4), Mercenary Kings (PS4; It was on sale for 6 bucks during Valentine's weekend!), XCOM:EU (PC), Endless Dungeon (PC), and Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic (PC).

I really need to fire up Wasteland 2, but it's still on the shelf because I got it so late (physical copy).

I need to play fewer games at one time, 8P...

I'm also trying to get back into drawing, though, so... -____-. So many things competing for my free time!

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Forgot that I also just bought Kotor and Kotor 2 off GOG, been years since I played them both but have them now

so I should give them a go again.. but that's after I install the newest version of the restored content mod on Kotor 2.

Many people seem to play KotoR. I too have installed the 2nd one since I only played through it once. Downloaded bunch of mods and restored content so I guess it will be something different. Its just every time I  remember Nar-Shaddaa I want to uninstall the game :(

It's simultaneously fantastic and awful. Just like I remember. happy0203.gif

I never played the originals but they seem highly regarded and had a good Metacritic. Another poster has mentioned a few quest bugs so Im kinda dragging my feet hoping a patch comes out. It looks gorgeous though and Im excited to play. :yes: