Dragon Age: Inquisition

Blarghagh

Scandinavia has caught the bug:

ride-the-dragon.png

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

New tinting system is out. It's pretty cool. All my peeps now look absolutely fabulous.

Especially Dorian.

Tinting is fun even though it does not make much sense. But colors.  :w00t: Now I can finally make magic wielders look like proper elemental mages. 

ScreenshotWin32_1302_Final_zps7ytdmyaw.j

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

So I've gotten into my second playthrough after stalling out the first time.  It is still a very impressive and engaging game, this time I need to just stick to the storyline more so I don't get burnt out searching for mosaic pieces and plants.   :thumbsup:

I think that's part of what made playing through more than once seem like such a chore.  The completionist side simply couldn't leave any herb un-picked, or any lost ring un-returned.  If I'd just stuck with the main story (plus the more relevant sidequests), I might not have felt so bogged down.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So I've gotten into my second playthrough after stalling out the first time.  It is still a very impressive and engaging game, this time I need to just stick to the storyline more so I don't get burnt out searching for mosaic pieces and plants.   :thumbsup:

I think that's part of what made playing through more than once seem like such a chore.  The completionist side simply couldn't leave any herb un-picked, or any lost ring un-returned.  If I'd just stuck with the main story (plus the more relevant sidequests), I might not have felt so bogged down.

Yeah so far it's moving at a much better pace since I have a good idea how everything works, what order is best for doing things, and which tasks are better off skipping.  I don't need to run around my castle collecting books, thank you very much.

I'm on my second playthrough but I've never been able to figure out what that strange humming sound / wind noise in some of the maps mean. Its especially loud at the storm coast and I can also hear it in the exalted plains. Anybody know what it means?

No, its a different ambient sound, just go to the storm coast and listen. It sounds like wind howling through a cave with some mystical elements thrown in. I don't get what this background sound is supposed to tell the player.

Edited by Woldan

Hmm I think Sera the prettiest companion and probably the most fun to have around.  I've only done one playthrough Me(qunari S&S warrior) Ironbull dorian and Solas. at the end.  I think I used Vivienne instead of Solas most of the time.

I don't like replaying areas in DAI so I'm having trouble enjoying the game after the first playthrough.

No, its a different ambient sound, just go to the storm coast and listen. It sounds like wind howling through a cave with some mystical elements thrown in. I don't get what this background sound is supposed to tell the player.

There is a shard right above one of the caves on the pillar rocks. It is incredibly hard to notice.

There is a shard right above one of the caves on the pillar rocks. It is incredibly hard to notice.

Its NOT the shard sound. 

What areas in particular? Can you give us video?

Sure, just found this video. The sound in the background starting at 4:35-4:44. Its hard to hear since the player is near the coast but if you're not directly near the shore its much more audible. 

https://youtu.be/PsBcyCYkTJM?t=4m30s

So far I've heard it in the Exalted Plains and the Storm Coast. Never heard it in the desert areas. 

Edited by Woldan

Man, I've got a pretty needy bunch of followers.  I finished all the side quests except Vivienne, I think.

edit:  Also, after ignoring Sera and Cole in my first run, they are actually two of the better characters in the game.  Sera is better comedic relief than Iron Bull, and Cole actually has a difficult choice to make during his development.

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 1

Sure, just found this video. The sound in the background starting at 4:35-4:44. Its hard to hear since the player is near the coast but if you're not directly near the shore its much more audible. 

So far I've heard it in the Exalted Plains and the Storm Coast. Never heard it in the desert areas. 

I'm not seeing you do anything differently than use the Occularum and pick up Shards.

I'm not seeing you do anything differently than use the Occularum and pick up Shards.

* Its not my video

* You shouldn't see anything, you should HEAR something. 

Edited by Woldan

* Its not my video

* You shouldn't see anything, you should HEAR something. 

And I don't hear anything different than the Shard stuff.

And I don't hear anything different than the Shard stuff.

The next person who tells me that its the goddamn shard sound will get eaten alive.

Like I said the sound can only be heard in specific maps and and its more of a background noise. It has nothing to do with the blasted shards, the sound can be heard in locations far away from any shards. I just found better video, the sound can be heard from 21:00-21:15

https://youtu.be/Gn0FF-w6ihw?t=21m

Edited by Woldan

I hear some ambient soundtrack pieces in both of the videos, but nothing that I think is game related.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I find the sounds stand out too much to be part of the ambient background sound. First I thought its the sound which hints the presence of a dragon, but killing it didn't make it disappear. 

Edited by Woldan

I could be wrong. I'm terrible at hunting secrets in game. I remember a few places where ambient soundtrack was strong, but never found anything there that'd indicate a reason for the sounds other than soundtrack.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man