Im alone no family it stinks sometimes

ctn2003

No, I'm pretty sure what Sharp_One is saying is "emotional connection is for pussies" just like I used to say when I was an edgy thirteen year old who preferred playing video games until 5 am powered by energy drink instead of having meaningful interactions with real people. I'm feeling all nostalgic. :)

• Like 2

I've never understood why people pay for sex.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I can genuinely explain it to you in more detail if you are interested? 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I can genuinely explain it to you in more detail if you are interested?

Feel free.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Actually, I think most of you missed the point of my question. This guy is feeling low, or at least it appears that way to me, and is reaching out. I was/am simply trying to give him a chance to be heard, because sometimes that's all it takes to make those kind of dark thoughts go away.

And now I come back to a circus... My guess is that he's not going to post anymore in this thread. Mittani, eat your heart out.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

One word my friend... booze. It's inexpensive, legal, and easy to get. It's not a long term solution (at least it shouldn't be) but it will get you through the holidays. A long time ago I was where you are. No job, no friends and going through a bitter divorce. I got through it by getting really drunk and watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 and playing a lot of Baldurs Gate. That got me through Thanksgiving and Christmas with relatively little depression. Then on January 1st I put the cap on the bottle, took the tape from the VCR and started living life again.

You don't want to be that way forever, you'd probably end up shooting yourself. But it can get you through a "rough patch" with it.

I always knew Baldur's Gate could cure everything shy of leukemia, I just didn't have the proof. 

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Clearly you never hired an high class expensive ones. And you can ask anybody hookers cost less then a girlfriend and you have more sex. Win - win situation, you save money and have more sex.

This is amazingly shallow. 

A real partner (and friend) is someone who genuinely cares about you and you can rely onto even in dire times, sex is just one of many important aspects in a relationship. If you think a hooker can provide you with all the wonderful things you get from a true relationship then I can only ask you if you've ever been in a proper relationship.

OMG, dude this is probably the most gay thing anyone ever wrote on this forum. Get back to your Twilight fantasies and leave the serious topics to adults.

Damn, you have some deep seated issues. 

High class hookers indeed. 

All companionship costs something /romance

Living is costing you money at this very moment, but you aren't likely to dine on dog food to save it are you?

Same thing here really.

I never wrote that before, but I REALLY got a rapey vibe from this comment.

:lol:  That's it, this thread is over! Sharp One wins.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I never wrote that before, but I REALLY got a rapey vibe from this comment.

Yeah man, whenever the rest of us want sex, we just go out and rape some woman.

You're the real chump for paying real money for it.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I don't need either kind, sex is pointless if there is no mutual attraction. Sex with a prostitute is like jerking off only you're paying for it - its a service, not human interaction.

Hurlshot is just going by what you write and what you write sounds like some juvenile "wolf of wall street" power trip all of the time. It would be a lot more effective if you didn't have to forcefully point it out every time you write something since it ends up sounding like you're overcompensating. Which you probably are, but than, that's your cross to bear.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

I don't need either kind, sex is pointless if there is no mutual attraction. Sex with a prostitute is like jerking off only you're paying for it.

Either you're hiring the wrong hookers or you're doing it sober. If you are on the drunk scale of 1-10 with 1 being sober and 10 being hospitalized hookers are best enjoyed at a 6-7. You can still, perform, and don't give a damn if they like you or not.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If we're talking about sex, for me it is several times more fun and meaningful if you have more than a physical connection to that person. Just as its way more fun to talk to somebody with whom you share a connection, which is also true for most other activities with other people involved.
Thats all I have to say, discussing this lies far beyond my interests, really.

And I have to go lift weights now.  ;)

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

In all seriousness, who among us has ever actually hired a prostitute?

I did... once. In Okinawa Japan in 1990. I was very drunk on habu sake, screwing around in a place I had no business being with $20 burning a hole in my pocket and it seemed like the thing to do at the time.

Thomas Sowell

I don't need either kind, sex is pointless if there is no mutual attraction. Sex with a prostitute is like jerking off only you're paying for it.

Either you're hiring the wrong hookers or you're doing it sober. If you are on the drunk scale of 1-10 with 1 being sober and 10 being hospitalized hookers are best enjoyed at a 6-7. You can still, perform, and don't give a damn if they like you or not.

I was expressing how I feel about the whole thing, I've never had an actual inclination to hire a hooker. Why would I do it when there are so many available women everywhere?

Incidentally, I don't drink.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Sorry, but if you don't do it, then please refrain from giving an opinion on it. You sound like those people who never played PnP but have opinion it's stupid, pointtles, yadda yadda yadda. And I think on this forum I can safely write that we hate those ***holes.

Why refrain from giving an opinion on it? Its not nuclear science, you're paying a woman to have sex with you. You hardly need to try it out to form an opinion of it, especially if you're already familiar with how normal human interaction works

Sorry, but if you don't do it, then please refrain from giving an opinion on it. You sound like those people who never played PnP but have opinion it's stupid, pointtles, yadda yadda yadda. And I think on this forum I can safely write that we hate those ***holes.

Why refrain from giving an opinion on it? Its not nuclear science, you're paying a woman to have sex with you. You hardly need to try it out to form an opinion of it, especially if you're already familiar with how normal human interaction works

As a general rule people should refrain from giving opinions on subject they have neither knowledge nor experience. I personally think this rule would make a world a much better place.

Normal human interaction? Are you suggesting that women who work hard in sex industry and their customers are not normal? That is strange, because I always thought that the norm was a general population not a margin.

It may surprise you to learn that hiring hookers or being one is not the usual past-time or occupation for the general population. 

"working hard in the sex industry" made me chuckle. Makes it almost sound legitimate, if working hard while lying down weren't such an amusing contradiction.

"working hard in the sex industry" made me chuckle. Makes it almost sound legitimate, if working hard while lying down weren't such an amusing contradiction.

I actually do think its hard work because its disgusting. Sleeping with dozens of strangers per day, with many of them so obnoxious that they have to pay to get laid, don't tell me thats not hard. Thats probably harder than any other job out there.

I think most of the prostitutes are really unhappy about what they're doing. Two more reasons not to be part of this.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I actually do think its hard work because its disgusting. Sleeping with dozens of strangers per day, with many of them so obnoxious that they have to pay to get laid, don't tell me thats not hard. Thats probably harder than any other job out there.

I think most of the prostitutes are really unhappy about what they're doing. Two more reasons not to be part of this.

I was talking about hard in the sense that it demands education or self improvement or at least qualifies as a physically demanding job that contributes to something, like building a house or whatever. 

Some people do it as the only way to get out of poverty or a rough patch (and I view that as a societal failing)  but I know more than a few that do it just because school was "too much work" and it was simply the path of least resistance to money. Thus whats hard for you, or most people, may come surprisingly easy to others. Scary thought isn't it? 

In all seriousness OP I would visit your doctor and describe (what sound like the symptoms of borderline depression) that you are experiencing to him, however I wouldn't be fobbed off with anti depressants, I would ask for a more intensive course of action. Exercise as Woldan can tell you releases massive amounts of natural highs, hobbies can serve to involve the hands while the mind sorts its own problems out, perhaps a little therapy so that you can share your worries and anxieties, the daily routine and unbiased love of a faithful canine companion can serve to lend structure to your life, perhaps a little creative writing for your own pleasure, vent and express yourself.

Prostitution I would condemn and advise against, I give to a London charity that supports young ladies caught up in this activity, and it is a vicious circle of suffering that one should not propogate through use of the unfortunate women involved in it. Forced drug use, rape, assault, slavery and long and short term mental health problems are not something to contribute to in my opinion.

Hope you stay healthy in mind and body Sir.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

As Nonek said, find yourself an every-day distraction. I've been suffering from bipolar affective disorder for over a decade now and I find exercise the most powerful distraction to keep ones demons from flooding the mind.

Mainly because if you want to do it right you must keep a fixed, rigid schedule, you're going to set goals and it keeps you occupied and stable. Visiting a gym you might meet interesting people and exercise and alcohol / drugs don't mix so it will keep you away from this dark path as well.

Yes, ''distraction'' sounds like a cheap workaround and maybe it is, but oh boy, if done right it works phenomenally well.

In any case, talk to doctor about this first.

Edited by Woldan

I did... once. In Okinawa Japan in 1990. I was very drunk on habu sake, screwing around in a place I had no business being with $20 burning a hole in my pocket and it seemed like the thing to do at the time.

Never have, and likely never will. Ordinarily not my thing, and I don't find it appealing. But to each their own.

However, I was once tempted to.

I was propositioned as I was leaving my hotel by an absolutely drop dead gorgeous 10 blonde girl while in Montreal for work. This girl could have put many of the Victoria Secret models to shame (Montreal has the best looking prostitutes in North America from what I've seen in general but his girl was just wow). My tour bus was leaving momentarily, and was only a dozen yards or so away when she asked. Not getting on it meant my job. She was so smoking hot though that I seriously considered it. Had I not had the majority of the band's cash in a bag I was carrying I might have said @()#$ the job, I'm staying in Montreal a little while. But I liked those guys and didn't want to screw them over. Alas, if only I'd run into her earlier. I regret not asking for her number to hit her up when next I was in town.

A man in CTN's situation (if he's on the level) really has two options. The mind is the enemy, You need to distract it, as most of you have suggested, with pursuits both constructive and enjoyable. Or you can go with the second option, just switch it off as I've suggested.

The latter is a Band-Aid, the former is a cure.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Never have, and likely never will. Ordinarily not my thing, and I don't find it appealing. But to each their own.

However, I was once tempted to.

I was propositioned as I was leaving my hotel by an absolutely drop dead gorgeous 10 blonde girl while in Montreal for work. This girl could have put many of the Victoria Secret models to shame (Montreal has the best looking prostitutes in North America from what I've seen in general but his girl was just wow). My tour bus was leaving momentarily, and was only a dozen yards or so away when she asked. Not getting on it meant my job. She was so smoking hot though that I seriously considered it. Had I not had the majority of the band's cash in a bag I was carrying I might have said @()#$ the job, I'm staying in Montreal a little while. But I liked those guys and didn't want to screw them over. Alas, if only I'd run into her earlier. I regret not asking for her number to hit her up when next I was in town.

If she looked that good, odds are however much cash you had wasn't enough!

Thomas Sowell