What do you think the twist(s) will be in KOTOR II

You're dead. You just think you're alive. The white lady is the only one who can see you because she sees... wait, didn't someone suggest this already? Okay, how about you're not really a Jedi at all? You just think you are.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

You're dead. You just think you're alive. The white lady is the only one who can see you because she sees... wait, didn't someone suggest this already? Okay, how about you're not really a Jedi at all? You just think you are.

Actually Maria, before Tyrell puts on his holier than thou guise and flame blasts you, this is the 'ser-i-ous' twist thread. I can dig up the spoof one again if you'd like though. ;)

P.S. I did think the post was funny though. :huh:

Okay, how about you're not really a Jedi at all? You just think you are.

Oh, a Quixotic Jedi. Any usage of the Force is the result of Kreia's subtle interference. Actually that'd be pretty cool. But following that, what if you actually develop Force sensitivity for real? Or not, depending on how the plot turns out?

Actually Maria, before Tyrell puts on his holier than thou guise and flame blasts you, this is the 'ser-i-ous' twist thread. I can dig up the spoof one again if you'd like though. :o

P.S. I did think the post was funny though. ;)

Heh.... B)

This has probably been thought of already, but maybe that white Jedi lady is actually a Sith Lord in disguise, who has found you and is pretending to work with you until you can lead her and her master to whatever it is the main quest is in KOTOR 2. The fact that you develop some kind of relationship with her underscores that mentor-apprentice relationship that Chris and the other devs is saying is the main theme of SL. Or maybe that Jedi lady used to be that masked Sith Lord's apprentice and is now trying to stop him/her, or better yet...maybe they're the same person.

The game plays in two time periods, one is a flashback to the Mandalorian Wars where you do stuff, then flashback to the "present" where past actions impact your choices, then flashback to the past, to the present etc.

Then you'll have a game that happens 5 years before and 5 years after Kotor1 :o

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

This has probably been thought of already, but maybe that white Jedi lady is actually a Sith Lord in disguise, who has found you and is pretending to work with you until you can lead her and her master to whatever it is the main quest is in KOTOR 2. The fact that you develop some kind of relationship with her underscores that mentor-apprentice relationship that Chris and the other devs is saying is the main theme of SL. Or maybe that Jedi lady used to be that masked Sith Lord's apprentice and is now trying to stop him/her, or better yet...maybe they're the same person.

That is so generic and would be really expected.

Yoda.

Before Star Wars was even Star Wars, the script got completely written a million times over a nine year stretch.

The early versions of the script were titled "Journey of the Whills".

The Whills were inspired by Dune (as was the whole script) and they had mythical power from the Spice. The idea of the Force evolved from this over the years. I've never seen anything in modern day Star Wars acutally mention these Whills from early scripts though.

Also, Lucas got too much credit for fore-sight that he didn't really have.

Jabba the Hutt was portrayed by a human actor, and the alien/Hutt concept was a late addition over the years. Han Solo actually died in ANH in several scripts. The Luke/Leia brother/sister concept first appeared in late drafts of Return of the Jedi.

Qui-Gon was supposed to appear in Episode 2. Lucas also changed his mind on a Biggs Darklighter plotline, a plotline involving Padme's family, and a plotline involving Bail Organa.

Lucas waffles like a Belgian.

Jabba the Hutt was portrayed by a human actor, and the alien/Hutt concept was a late addition over the years. Han Solo actually died in ANH in several scripts. The Luke/Leia brother/sister concept first appeared in late drafts of Return of the Jedi.

Qui-Gon was supposed to appear in Episode 2. Lucas also changed his mind on a Biggs Darklighter plotline, a plotline involving Padme's family, and a plotline involving Bail Organa.

Lando and the Milennium Falcon were supposed to have been destroyed escaping the Death Star. They changed it later, hence Han's line when talking about the Milennium Falcon 'I just get the feeling I am never going to see her again.'

Not to mention that in RoTJ, the final battle was to take place over Coruscant, with the slave Wookies leading a revolt.

The concept art that was done with fighters dodging inbetween skyscrapers on Coruscant looked incredible.

Instead we got Ewoks.

Instead we got Ewoks.

Ewoks = low budget wookies ?!? ;)

He wa$ probably already con$idering $elling the right$ for children$ daytime tv... :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Lucas said he wanted to tell the story of real low-tech underdogs defeating the hi-tech Empire

However, since Chewie got to work on the Falcon, Wookies wouldn't be seen as low-tech. He said Ewoks made better underdogs.

I personally would have preferred to see limbs being ripped off. We'll see a Wookie battle in Ep3, but the Wookie armor I've seen so far looks pretty ridiculous.

Yoda.

Before Star Wars was even Star Wars, the script got completely written a million times over a nine year stretch.

The early versions of the script were titled "Journey of the Whills".

The Whills were inspired by Dune (as was the whole script) and they had mythical power from the Spice. The idea of the Force evolved from this over the years. I've never seen anything in modern day Star Wars acutally mention these Whills from early scripts though.

Also, Lucas got too much credit for fore-sight that he didn't really have.

I think it was actually Journal of the Whills. And I think Macy Windy was the main character. No?