What you did today

Rosbjerg

One of my  friends was arrested last night for DUI and I received a phone call early this morning, there were over 20 people in the same cell who were arrested for the same crime

We should be able to pay his bail so hopefully he should get out  this weekend

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Walsh, it is possible to do other things than sitting in your underwear playing Empire TW and drinking fine scotch.. ;)

Well, sure ...technically.

• Like 4

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

On the downside of my trip to the states. So having to slowly get ready to fly back home later this week, and figure things out for the future.

Although my friends sister had half hysterics in the background when the 13 yr old son casually announced while talking about the zombie apocalypse that he'd have me and his dad on his survival team. When someone mentioned that might cause difficulties, he blinked and said "yeah, but we could use dad for bait." in that utterly conversational tone with no awareness that teenagers can pull off so well.

Edit:

Also,

Walsh, it is possible to do other things than sitting in your underwear playing Empire TW and drinking fine scotch.. ;)

Well, sure ...technically.

Indeed. Sometimes you have to drink fine port.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Slipped on the ice on the front porch this morning. Busted my butt on the ground and I think pulled a muscle in my back. I was going to get some work done today. Not looking likely now.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ouch GD!  Although didn't you marry a physical therapist?  

Yesterday I took my kids to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.  I hate that place.  The Lost Boys is basically a documentary about what a terrible place it is.  Unfortunately my wife and kids love it, so I put on a brave face and did my best to protect them from the tendrils of darkness and despair that hide under the boardwalk.  

• Like 1

Ouch GD!  Although didn't you marry a physical therapist?  

Yesterday I took my kids to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.  I hate that place.  The Lost Boys is basically a documentary about what a terrible place it is.  Unfortunately my wife and kids love it, so I put on a brave face and did my best to protect them from the tendrils of darkness and despair that hide under the boardwalk.  

Trying to post a link to that great line at the end of Lost Boys... link doesn't work right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q_Na5Ou5Rs

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Today I'm looking at a lot of studying for finals a week from Monday.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

@Guard Dog -- If you just paste the link, no code around it at all, the auto-forum software embeds it for you when it's posted. Although, last I knew, I think it doesn't like the secure address in YT links. Prefers http, not https. So that could be the issue this time.

Today I obsessed over 7 Days to Die. I've decided I like it. For the moment.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Slipped on the ice on the front porch this morning. Busted my butt on the ground and I think pulled a muscle in my back. I was going to get some work done today. Not looking likely now.

In the finest tradition of the special relationship: I hope your ass ain't broke. 

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today I learned what it means to "goose" someone, for some reason or the other I've never bothered looking it up before, mostly because the only time I came across it was in the wheel of time books. My memory of it is that it was literally translated aswell, wich does'nt work.

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Good work on not explaining it for the rest of us ignorant and lazy people. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Watching The Walking Dead now.

One thing I really can't stand anymore re: AMC shows is their constant self-promotion. I'm already watching the show, please stop crowing about how awesome it is and how I should watch it, while I'm watching it.

This whole weekend was lazylazylazy. I can't believe it's already Sun. night.

Edit: omg, Better Call Saul preview. Looks hilarious. I love Saul!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Powerlifting.  Picking up and lifting more than twice my body weight feels really awesome, and it makes me feel less lazy because the whole weekend I did little more than playing computer games. 

And I got a killer deal on a rifle (no pun intended), had to buy it. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Working from home today, I applied for my UK visa for my  trip in January. It works out nicely because I'm going for a training symposium, so my work pays for the flight and accommodation,  but I'll be staying 3 days extra on holiday

I have my appointment with the British Embassy scheduled for next week so its looking good so far

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Today I learned what it means to "goose" someone, for some reason or the other I've never bothered looking it up before, mostly because the only time I came across it was in the wheel of time books. My memory of it is that it was literally translated aswell, wich does'nt work.

That's weird. Those books are where I first heard the term as well! :)

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

First day back at work - working from home thanks to enfeebledness.

Naturally I can't concentrate and my first tranche of productive work teminated with me wondering if I should go to Games Day and cosplay a squat.

Squats_%26_Imperial_Guardsmen.jpg

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Good work on not explaining it for the rest of us ignorant and lazy people. :p

Yeah, was a bit tired and forgot to include the link. But it's when you pinch someone in the bottom. :grin:

That's weird. Those books are where I first heard the term as well!

Haha, nice! I would've thought it was a common saying. Might be more of an american thing maybe? :)

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

First day back at work - working from home thanks to enfeebledness.

Naturally I can't concentrate and my first tranche of productive work teminated with me wondering if I should go to Games Day and cosplay a squat.

Squats_%26_Imperial_Guardsmen.jpg

I now have an image in my head of a squat wearing a monocle, holding a swaggerstick in one hand, a glass of brandy in the other, talking with a plummy accent as he orders other squats to go frag over the bloody idjits.... Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Just got three months worth of work that must be completed by years end. Guess I better get on it.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Good work on not explaining it for the rest of us ignorant and lazy people. tongue.png

Yeah, was a bit tired and forgot to include the link. But it's when you pinch someone in the bottom. grin.gif

That's weird. Those books are where I first heard the term as well!

Haha, nice! I would've thought it was a common saying. Might be more of an american thing maybe? original.gif

As an American who has also only heard it (from what I can remember) from the WoT books...I don't think so. It sounds like it could be British...or maybe deep South American? Not sure!

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.