New BB Release This Week?

Marceror

:(

Well at least I have Dragonfall Director's Cut. :)

Are you getting really long load times on that? I like the changes, but it takes about 20 seconds to load for me.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

:(

Well at least I have Dragonfall Director's Cut. :)

Are you getting really long load times on that? I like the changes, but it takes about 20 seconds to load for me.

Yeah, the load times are heinous and the controls occasionally bug out when jacking into the matrix or area transitioning. Save often! :p

Having a huge amount of fun with the campaign though! Much better than DMS, though I liked that one as well despite its issues.

Have you done the mission for the doctor? It's great.

The Lodge mission is kinda tedious, but it felt like they provided more options to do stuff.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I love how everyone has become an Armchair Dev in regards to what bugs are huge and what are not.

Seems like fan opinion is actually a pretty important aspect of determining which bugs are a big deal.

Not really, no.

Disagree. If the devs spend a lot of time fixing things that the fans don't care about, I'd call that a misalignment of priorities.

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I love how everyone has become an Armchair Dev in regards to what bugs are huge and what are not.

Seems like fan opinion is actually a pretty important aspect of determining which bugs are a big deal.

Not really, no.

The bugs the playerbase dislike the most should be priority, not the only priority for sure, but defiantly a big one.

I've tolerated more than a few "bugy" games because I liked them, while I have also quite some games when bugs ended up just in the right place to piss me off.

Not really, no.

Disagree. If the devs spend a lot of time fixing things that the fans don't care about, I'd call that a misalignment of priorities.

Assuming the devs don't know what are game breaking bugs is really being the most annoying type of fanboy.

Edited by Bryy
  • Like 1

Not really, no.

Assuming the devs don't know what are game breaking bugs is really being the most annoying type of fanboy.

Assuming that the devs always know what's most important to their fans is fairly deluded. My only point is fan opinion is an important factor. I'm not saying it's the only factor. You seem to think it isn't even a factor, and that's what I disagree with.

• Like 4

I have full confidence in Obsidian... but it looks a bit like they do their stuff in their corner giving fans something to talk about in their corner while continuing their jobs as they have always done. Maybe I'm wrong, in which case I apologize in advance, but it's true that monitoring / listening to the beta is quite "industrious" I think.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

I think last Thurday and Friday went not well.

Seemingly the same goes for Monday and Tuesday.

Speculation seems pointless IMO. Maybe it's going really well and they wanted to finish up some new features they hadn't previously planned on pushing out with this build. Or maybe the hard drive with the latest build caught on fire. There's really no way of knowing. :p

• Like 1

Speculation seems pointless IMO. Maybe it's going really well and they wanted to finish up some new features they hadn't previously planned on pushing out with this build. Or maybe the hard drive with the latest build caught on fire. There's really no way of knowing. :p

Yeah, but half of what we do around here is pointless speculation. Will you take that from us? What will we do with ourselves then? :p

• Like 1

Not really, no.

Assuming that the devs always know what's most important to their fans is fairly deluded. My only point is fan opinion is an important factor. I'm not saying it's the only factor. You seem to think it isn't even a factor, and that's what I disagree with.

I think we can really just draw this back to your whole notion that betas should be gooder.

I suspect the pizza and beer delivery hasn't arrived yet - no doubt the delivery boy is busy downloading Wasteland 2... ;)

• Like 1

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

We still got a few bugs that we would like to fix internally before the next release (some make certain things unplayable). Our target was this Thursday, but now we are looking to push early next week if everything goes well tomorrow and Friday.

I'm guessing things didn't go well last Thursday or Friday to have an update early this week?

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

We still got a few bugs that we would like to fix internally before the next release (some make certain things unplayable). Our target was this Thursday, but now we are looking to push early next week if everything goes well tomorrow and Friday.

I'm guessing things didn't go well last Thursday or Friday to have an update early this week?

Time reacts differently in Southern CA than it does in the rest of the world... :p

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...