NFL 2014 Season

Nepenthe

Crazy comeback win by the C-Hox.  Packers were up by 12 with the ball with less than 5 minutes left.  I still don't understand how they lost and I watched it happen.  :wowey:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Damn. Winner of NE-INDY better be careful. Seattle won even with their qb having 4INTs. I doubt he'll repeat that performance in 2 weeks. Oh oh.

For shame, GB, for shame.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well, that was one of the most disappointing losses I've had to sit through recently. Darn our coaching thinking being a score and a half ahead is enough of a lead that we shouldn't have our offense play. Our defense SHUT THEM OUT in the first half, but out offense couldn't make a single one of our five field goals into a touchdown. Even though our offense was weak that game, it was still better than the Seahawk's until the last five minutes of the game. So it goes, I guess.

If the Seahawks play like that next week, I don't see any way for them to win the Super Bowl...Tom Brady'll be winning his fourth Super Bowl, :(

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I may have never seen a game with a successful fake-punt for touchdown, onside kick, and two-point conversion. 

Wait, no it was a fake field goal I think.

I was one of those idiots who actually switched off the game to play Smash Brothers with 4 minutes left thinking 19-7 was surmontable.

Lols.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Man, how weird is it that the starting and backup QBs from the 1985 Broncos are now, 30 years later, the General Manager and Head Coach of the team?

Not as weird as the Saints sideline might look in 2016... They've brought back Dennis Allen to breathe in Ryan's neck, and if he become the next dc.. DA ViSORS!!!!11

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Man, how weird is it that the starting and backup QBs from the 1985 Broncos are now, 30 years later, the General Manager and Head Coach of the team? 

what is weird is that Gromnir recalls so well the 1986 broncos playoff run, including the ridiculous win over cleveland, and yet it don't feel like 29 years.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

what is weird is that Gromnir recalls so well the 1986 broncos playoff run, including the ridiculous win over cleveland, and yet it don't feel like 29 years.

HA! Good Fun!

I have vague memories of the '86 Super Bowl, but they're mostly of how excited the Giants fans at the party were.  I was about 6 weeks shy of my 8th birthday.  Somebody explained what a Safety was to me after Elway was sacked in the end zone. 

HA! Good Fun!

I have vague memories of the '86 Super Bowl, but they're mostly of how excited the Giants fans at the party were.  I was about 6 weeks shy of my 8th birthday.  Somebody explained what a Safety was to me after Elway was sacked in the end zone. 

well, it were actual the 87 superbowl, yes? so, perhaps you were closer to 9?  is so confusing with season starting and finishing in different years.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

ps  am hopeful that kubiak and elway is not good friends, 'cause is unlikely that they will stay friends given the typical ending of head coach and general manager relationships in the nfl.

HA! Good Fun!

HA! Good Fun!

Thirteen years ago, you mean. 1999 is never going to end. 

All Stop. On Screen.

yes, we went there.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

HA! Good Fun!

Don't get me wrong. I love a good cry. Just last month I had three in one night when I found out how old she really was. But I get the impression this Super Bowl experience is going for the jugular. The entire pre-game ... many of the commercials ... all of whom trying, some succeeding, in making me cry. Super Feels XLIX. 

C'mon West Coast ... punish the Colonials ... 

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.