Questions to the Devs

Dereth:

"Does an NPC's opinion of you change according to how you treat him/her? In the original game I could be a jerk to everybody and they all acted like I was going through a phase and ignored it. Since you mentioned that you're effect on someone's dark/light meter was determined by your standing with them would mean that I, as a dark Sith perhaps, could make an NPC go toward the lightside by making them oppose me?"

Yes and maybe. Some NPCs will eagerly follow you down the light and dark paths and others will oppose you if you move to far from their ideal.

What's all this inside information you appear to have Ms. Maria? ;)

Dereth:

"Does an NPC's opinion of you change according to how you treat him/her? In the original game I could be a jerk to everybody and they all acted like I was going through a phase and ignored it. Since you mentioned that you're effect on someone's dark/light meter was determined by your standing with them would mean that I, as a dark Sith perhaps, could make an NPC go toward the lightside by making them oppose me?"

Yes and maybe. Some NPCs will eagerly follow you down the light and dark paths and others will oppose you if you move to far from their ideal.

What's all this inside information you appear to have Ms. Maria? ;)

It's called EGM and CGW + dev posts :(

Will we be able to force choke our fellow NPC's if they were to say, question our orders?

(You) "Now listen you..." [force choke] *Urrrrkkk...*.

(You) Your predecessor once made the mistake of questioning my directions for the Ebon Hawk. I said: "Fly through that asteroid field!"

(Unfortunate NPC now piloting the Ebon Hawk) *Gasp!* "Yes M'Lord! Right away. I'll punch in the new coordinates!"

;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I suck at swoop racing and feel that I was never able to fully complete KotOR1 as a result. Is there any chance of independent difficulty settings for each mini game so you can adjust them to your ability level without needing to dial down the RPG elements?

No mini-game is critical path. There may be times where "failing" a mini-game may have other consequences, but it won't stop the game or penalize you.

Thanks, I already picked up on that. What I am hoping for is independant difficulty levels so that I could actually succeed at some of these mini games in order to complete any attatched sidequests. For example in KotOR1 there is at least one series of interactions that depend upon your ability to win the swoop races, not just avoid them.

Grumbold,

Are you refering to the Bastila rescue? I won all the swoop races I encountered so I didn't know there were paths that became unavailable if I lost one.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Are you refering to the Bastila rescue?
On Tatooine there's a quest that requires you to win several swoop races.

That's the one. For all I know there are also optional encounters that take place if you are a renowned Pazaak player too. That sort of thing. When I play a game I like to explore all pathways. I can replay the game to be good and bad, male and female but I can't ever replay the game to be a champion swoop racer if I suck at the minigame :D

I can replay the game to be good and bad, male and female but I can't ever replay the game to be a champion swoop racer if I suck at the minigame :D

You know there's a mod that fixes that.

Are you refering to the Bastila rescue?
On Tatooine there's a quest that requires you to win several swoop races.

That's the one. For all I know there are also optional encounters that take place if you are a renowned Pazaak player too. That sort of thing. When I play a game I like to explore all pathways. I can replay the game to be good and bad, male and female but I can't ever replay the game to be a champion swoop racer if I suck at the minigame :D

Well on Yavin if you beat the Rodian 20 times @ pazaak then he gives you a discount on his merchandise. Of course you can also get a discount using force persuade when you first meet him.

(WARNING: THIS IS A LOT OF CRAP TO READ)

TO THE DEVELOPERS OF KOTOR 2, CAN YOU PLEASE CHANGE THE Y BUTTON MOVE YOU CAN DO WITH A MELEE WEAPON IN KOTOR 1 TO A SHEATHING, HOLSTERING ACTION? IN KOTOR, THE Y BUTTON WOULD TURN ON YOUR LIGHTSABER AS YOU SPUN IT AROUND YOUR HEAD. I THOUGHT IT WAS LAME THAT YOU COULDN'T TWIRL YOUR BLASTERS, OR DO A COOL POSE WITH A BLASTER RIFLE. IT WOULD BE COOL TO USE THE Y BUTTON TO TURN ON AND OFF THE LIGHTSABER AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU CAN TURN ON YOUR LIGHTSABER DURING A CONVERSATION OR PRE-FIGHT CINEMA TO ADD FLARE TO THE GAMEPLAY. IMAGINE THIS, INSTEAD OF RUNNING AROUND TOWN WITH YOUR WEAPONS DRAWN, YOU CAN HAVE YOUR BLASTERS HOLSTERED, YOUR VIBROBLADES SHEATHED, AND YOUR LIGHTSABER TURNED OFF AND HANGING FROM YOUR BELT (PREFERABLY HIDDEN BEHIND A JEDI ROBE). WHEN COMBAT ENSUES, YOUR CHARACTERS WOULD AUTOMATICALLY DRAW THEIR WEAPONS TO ATTACK. AND FOR FUN, IF THERE ISN'T A BATTLE GOING DOWN, YOU COULD HIT Y TO DRAW YOUR WEAPONS JUST FOR KICKS AND THEN HIT Y AGAIN TO PUT THEM AWAY. OH WAIT, THERE'S MORE. IMAGINE THIS IN KOTOR 2, WHEN YOU GET YOUR FORCE POWERS, YOU COULD BE ABLE TO DRAW YOUR LIGHTSABER USING THE FORCE PULL. YOU COULD HAVE YOUR LIGHTSABER ON YOUR BELT (WHICH IS WHERE IT SHOULD BE WHEN YOU'RE NOT USING IT) AND THEN YOU COULD PRESS THE Y BUTTON TO TURN IT ON AND BRING IT TO YOU. WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT YOU COULD PRESS Y TO TURN IT OFF AND CLIP IT BACK TO YOUR BELT. A JEDI SHOULD NEVER DRAW HIS LIGHTSABER UNLESS HE OR SHE MUST. THIS ACTION CAN EXPOSE A JEDI OR EVEN A DARK JEDI TO ENEMIES SUCH AS BOUNTY HUNTERS. BOTH SIDES OF THE FORCE HAVE COUNTLESS ENEMIES. SO, IT WOULD MAKE SENSE TO NOT RUN AROUND WITH YOUR WEAPONS IN HAND, ESPECIALLY A LIGHTSABER. WHICH BRINGS ME TO QUESTION #2, CAN YOU MAKE A FEATURE THAT PUTS YOU IN DANGER IF YOU DRAW YOUR WEAPONS IN A TOWN FULL OF PEOPLE. THIS COULD TRIGGER AMBUSHES FROM BOUNTY HUNTERS OR POSSIBLY PEOPLE YOU SHOULD'VE KILLED OR LEFT ALONE IN THE PAST. AN AMBUSH COULD HAPPEN WHEN YOU'RE ALONE OR OFF GUARD, LIKE STOPPING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DUNE SEA. SURVIVING AN AMBUSH COULD NET YOU MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF XP AND LIGHT SIDE, OR DARK SIDE POINTS DEPENDING ON HOW YOU HANDLED THE SITUATION. I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. QUESTION #3, CAN YOU GUYS AT OBSIDIAN PLEASE INCORPERATE THE FORCE CHOKE AND FORCE KILL INTO MORE CONVERSATIONS? IF A FOOL IS IN YOUR WAY YOU COULD HAVE 4 FORCE OPTIONS, #1 LIGHT SIDE FORCE PERSUASSION, #2 DARK SIDE FORCE PERSUASSION, #3 FORCE CHOKE, AND #4 FORCE KILL. IT WOULD BE COOL IF YOU COULD INTERRUPT ANY INSULT WITH A FORCE CHOKE AND IT WOULD BE KILLER IF YOU COULD USE FORCE KILL ON THE INSOLENT. THIS IS MY LAST QUESTION. QUESTION #4, CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE PLAYERS THE OPTION TO USE FORCE PERSUADE (LIGHT SIDE) AND FORCE CHOKE (DARK SIDE) TO SHUT THEIR TEAMMATES UP? I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY KOTOR PLAYER THAT GOT SICK OF ALL THE MEDDLING THE NPC'S DO. PLUS, IF YOU GUYS AT OBSIDIAN ARE MAKING THE DESICIONS OF THE CHARACTER AFFECT THE OTHER PARTY MEMBERS, THIS WOULD BE A GREAT FEATURE. YOU CAN GET YOUR TEAMMATES TO FEAR YOU, OR DESPISE YOU, OR EVEN LIKE YOU IF THEY INITIALLY HATE YOU (THERE ARE A LOT OF WEAK MINDED FOOLS IN THE UNIVERSE). I WROTE A LOT OF CRAP AND I HOPE SOMEONE AT OBSIDIAN READS IT. I WOULD'VE ASKED A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT COMBAT, LIKE COULD YOU PLEASE ADD DIFFERENT ANIMATIONS FOR ATTACK, CRITICAL STRIKE, POWER ATTACK, AND FLURRY? BUT I KNOW THAT OBSIDIAN'S ALREADY WORKING TO FIX THE REPETITION OF COMBAT FROM THE FIRST KOTOR. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS! THE E3 FOOTAGE OF KOTOR 2 IN ACTION MADE MY JAW DROP, SO I KNOW THE FINAL PRODUCT WILL AS WELL. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU AND SERVE YOU WELL.

Why are you going through that much trouble to ensure that people do *not* read your post ?!? :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

No to be rude, but with a post like that, I don't think the Devs will read it.

I agree with you on some of the the stuff, specially the Jedi clipping their lightsabers to their belts, or hiding them in their robes. But I don't know if the engine will be able to handle that, or, if its possible, how hard will it be to implement.

Remember that this game is not being developed from scratch. There is an existing engine behind it.

Guest Exar Kun

First Off I'd like to thank the Devs for answering so many of our repetitive questions...that being said maybe the Devs or someone else here can answer my questions if they have already been answered.

1.) Will there be more diversity in the look of the lightsaber hilts? (Rather than the bland silver tube from the first KOTOR.)

2.) Will we be able to further customize the look of our PC? (Change colors of our clothes, be able to change the height and physical build of our PC, have more hair style, hair color, and face options, or even be able to mix and match all of the following facial options.)

3.) Will the PC be able to wear hooded robes? If yes, will we have the option to wear the hood up?

4.) If the answer to the second part of question 3, will the helmets/masks be completed so that they completely cover the head rather than just the front of the face? (I know that it bugged me having a mask that only covered the front part of the face and no way of covering the rest of my PC's exposed skull.)

5.) Will we be able to have tattooed characters kinda like Yuthera(sp) or Darth Maul?

That's all of my ?'s for now...

1.) Will there be more diversity in the look of the lightsaber hilts? (Rather than the bland silver tube from the first KOTOR.)

According to an interview with Feargus linked to elsewhere in this forum, we'll be looking at adding varied lightsaber hilts. That's all I know about that, myself. ;)

2.) Will we be able to further customize the look of our PC? (Change colors of our clothes, be able to change the height and physical build of our PC, have more hair style, hair color, and face options, or even be able to mix and match all of the following facial options.)

There's no plans for that at the current time. Character creation will be similiar to KotOR1, except there will be more heads to chose from.

-Akari

TO THE DEVELOPERS OF KOTOR 2, CAN YOU PLEASE CHANGE THE Y BUTTON MOVE YOU CAN DO WITH A MELEE WEAPON IN KOTOR 1 TO A SHEATHING, HOLSTERING ACTION?  IN KOTOR, THE Y BUTTON WOULD TURN ON YOUR LIGHTSABER AS YOU SPUN IT AROUND YOUR HEAD.  I THOUGHT IT WAS LAME THAT YOU COULDN'T TWIRL YOUR BLASTERS, OR DO A COOL POSE WITH A BLASTER RIFLE.  IT WOULD BE COOL TO USE THE Y BUTTON TO TURN ON AND OFF THE LIGHTSABER AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU CAN TURN ON YOUR LIGHTSABER DURING A CONVERSATION OR PRE-FIGHT CINEMA TO ADD FLARE TO THE GAMEPLAY.  IMAGINE THIS, INSTEAD OF RUNNING AROUND TOWN WITH YOUR WEAPONS DRAWN, YOU CAN HAVE YOUR BLASTERS HOLSTERED, YOUR VIBROBLADES SHEATHED, AND YOUR LIGHTSABER TURNED OFF AND HANGING FROM YOUR BELT (PREFERABLY HIDDEN BEHIND A JEDI ROBE).  WHEN COMBAT ENSUES, YOUR CHARACTERS WOULD AUTOMATICALLY DRAW THEIR WEAPONS TO ATTACK.  AND FOR FUN, IF THERE ISN'T A BATTLE GOING DOWN, YOU COULD HIT Y TO DRAW YOUR WEAPONS JUST FOR KICKS AND THEN HIT Y AGAIN TO PUT THEM AWAY.  OH WAIT, THERE'S MORE.  IMAGINE THIS IN KOTOR 2, WHEN YOU GET YOUR FORCE POWERS, YOU COULD BE ABLE TO DRAW YOUR LIGHTSABER USING THE FORCE PULL.  YOU COULD HAVE YOUR LIGHTSABER ON YOUR BELT (WHICH IS WHERE IT SHOULD BE WHEN YOU'RE NOT USING IT) AND THEN YOU COULD PRESS THE Y BUTTON TO TURN IT ON AND BRING IT TO YOU.  WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT YOU COULD PRESS Y TO TURN IT OFF AND CLIP IT BACK TO YOUR BELT.  A JEDI SHOULD NEVER DRAW HIS LIGHTSABER UNLESS HE OR SHE MUST.  THIS ACTION CAN EXPOSE A JEDI OR EVEN A DARK JEDI TO ENEMIES SUCH AS BOUNTY HUNTERS.  BOTH SIDES OF THE FORCE HAVE COUNTLESS ENEMIES.  SO, IT WOULD MAKE SENSE TO NOT RUN AROUND WITH YOUR WEAPONS IN HAND, ESPECIALLY A LIGHTSABER.  WHICH BRINGS ME TO QUESTION #2, CAN YOU MAKE A FEATURE THAT PUTS YOU IN DANGER IF YOU DRAW YOUR WEAPONS IN A TOWN FULL OF PEOPLE.  THIS COULD TRIGGER AMBUSHES FROM BOUNTY HUNTERS OR POSSIBLY PEOPLE YOU SHOULD'VE KILLED OR LEFT ALONE IN THE PAST.  AN AMBUSH COULD HAPPEN WHEN YOU'RE ALONE OR OFF GUARD, LIKE STOPPING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DUNE SEA.  SURVIVING AN AMBUSH COULD NET YOU MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF XP AND LIGHT SIDE, OR DARK SIDE POINTS DEPENDING ON HOW YOU HANDLED THE SITUATION.  I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION.  QUESTION #3, CAN YOU GUYS AT OBSIDIAN PLEASE INCORPERATE THE FORCE CHOKE AND FORCE KILL INTO MORE CONVERSATIONS?  IF A FOOL IS IN YOUR WAY YOU COULD HAVE 4 FORCE OPTIONS, #1 LIGHT SIDE FORCE PERSUASSION, #2 DARK SIDE FORCE PERSUASSION, #3 FORCE CHOKE, AND #4 FORCE KILL.  IT WOULD BE COOL IF YOU COULD INTERRUPT ANY INSULT WITH A FORCE CHOKE AND IT WOULD BE KILLER IF YOU COULD USE FORCE KILL ON THE INSOLENT.  THIS IS MY LAST QUESTION.  QUESTION #4, CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE PLAYERS THE OPTION TO USE FORCE PERSUADE (LIGHT SIDE) AND FORCE CHOKE (DARK SIDE) TO SHUT THEIR TEAMMATES UP?  I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY KOTOR PLAYER THAT GOT SICK OF ALL THE MEDDLING THE NPC'S DO.  PLUS, IF YOU GUYS AT OBSIDIAN ARE MAKING THE DESICIONS OF THE CHARACTER AFFECT THE OTHER PARTY MEMBERS, THIS WOULD BE A GREAT FEATURE.  YOU CAN GET YOUR TEAMMATES TO FEAR YOU, OR DESPISE YOU, OR EVEN LIKE YOU IF THEY INITIALLY HATE YOU (THERE ARE A LOT OF WEAK MINDED FOOLS IN THE UNIVERSE).  I WROTE A LOT OF CRAP AND I HOPE SOMEONE AT OBSIDIAN READS IT.  I WOULD'VE ASKED A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT COMBAT, LIKE COULD YOU PLEASE ADD DIFFERENT ANIMATIONS FOR ATTACK, CRITICAL STRIKE, POWER ATTACK, AND FLURRY?  BUT I KNOW THAT OBSIDIAN'S ALREADY WORKING TO FIX THE REPETITION OF COMBAT FROM THE FIRST KOTOR.  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!  THE E3 FOOTAGE OF KOTOR 2 IN ACTION MADE MY JAW DROP, SO I KNOW THE FINAL PRODUCT WILL AS WELL.  MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU AND SERVE YOU WELL.

*Arrgh*

My eyes, my beautiful eyes! Take it away you fool!

:angry:

manthing2.jpg

TO THE DEVELOPERS OF KOTOR 2, CAN YOU PLEASE CHANGE THE Y BUTTON MOVE YOU CAN DO WITH A MELEE WEAPON IN KOTOR 1 TO A SHEATHING, HOLSTERING ACTION? IN KOTOR, THE Y BUTTON WOULD TURN ON YOUR LIGHTSABER AS YOU SPUN IT AROUND YOUR HEAD. I THOUGHT IT WAS LAME THAT YOU COULDN'T TWIRL YOUR BLASTERS, OR DO A COOL POSE WITH A BLASTER RIFLE. IT WOULD BE COOL TO USE THE Y BUTTON TO TURN ON AND OFF THE LIGHTSABER AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU CAN TURN ON YOUR LIGHTSABER DURING A CONVERSATION OR PRE-FIGHT CINEMA TO ADD FLARE TO THE GAMEPLAY. IMAGINE THIS, INSTEAD OF RUNNING AROUND TOWN WITH YOUR WEAPONS DRAWN, YOU CAN HAVE YOUR BLASTERS HOLSTERED, YOUR VIBROBLADES SHEATHED, AND YOUR LIGHTSABER TURNED OFF AND HANGING FROM YOUR BELT (PREFERABLY HIDDEN BEHIND A JEDI ROBE). WHEN COMBAT ENSUES, YOUR CHARACTERS WOULD AUTOMATICALLY DRAW THEIR WEAPONS TO ATTACK. AND FOR FUN, IF THERE ISN'T A BATTLE GOING DOWN, YOU COULD HIT Y TO DRAW YOUR WEAPONS JUST FOR KICKS AND THEN HIT Y AGAIN TO PUT THEM AWAY. OH WAIT, THERE'S MORE. IMAGINE THIS IN KOTOR 2, WHEN YOU GET YOUR FORCE POWERS, YOU COULD BE ABLE TO DRAW YOUR LIGHTSABER USING THE FORCE PULL. YOU COULD HAVE YOUR LIGHTSABER ON YOUR BELT (WHICH IS WHERE IT SHOULD BE WHEN YOU'RE NOT USING IT) AND THEN YOU COULD PRESS THE Y BUTTON TO TURN IT ON AND BRING IT TO YOU. WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT YOU COULD PRESS Y TO TURN IT OFF AND CLIP IT BACK TO YOUR BELT. A JEDI SHOULD NEVER DRAW HIS LIGHTSABER UNLESS HE OR SHE MUST. THIS ACTION CAN EXPOSE A JEDI OR EVEN A DARK JEDI TO ENEMIES SUCH AS BOUNTY HUNTERS. BOTH SIDES OF THE FORCE HAVE COUNTLESS ENEMIES. SO, IT WOULD MAKE SENSE TO NOT RUN AROUND WITH YOUR WEAPONS IN HAND, ESPECIALLY A LIGHTSABER. WHICH BRINGS ME TO QUESTION #2, CAN YOU MAKE A FEATURE THAT PUTS YOU IN DANGER IF YOU DRAW YOUR WEAPONS IN A TOWN FULL OF PEOPLE. THIS COULD TRIGGER AMBUSHES FROM BOUNTY HUNTERS OR POSSIBLY PEOPLE YOU SHOULD'VE KILLED OR LEFT ALONE IN THE PAST. AN AMBUSH COULD HAPPEN WHEN YOU'RE ALONE OR OFF GUARD, LIKE STOPPING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DUNE SEA. SURVIVING AN AMBUSH COULD NET YOU MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF XP AND LIGHT SIDE, OR DARK SIDE POINTS DEPENDING ON HOW YOU HANDLED THE SITUATION. I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. QUESTION #3, CAN YOU GUYS AT OBSIDIAN PLEASE INCORPERATE THE FORCE CHOKE AND FORCE KILL INTO MORE CONVERSATIONS? IF A FOOL IS IN YOUR WAY YOU COULD HAVE 4 FORCE OPTIONS, #1 LIGHT SIDE FORCE PERSUASSION, #2 DARK SIDE FORCE PERSUASSION, #3 FORCE CHOKE, AND #4 FORCE KILL. IT WOULD BE COOL IF YOU COULD INTERRUPT ANY INSULT WITH A FORCE CHOKE AND IT WOULD BE KILLER IF YOU COULD USE FORCE KILL ON THE INSOLENT. THIS IS MY LAST QUESTION. QUESTION #4, CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE PLAYERS THE OPTION TO USE FORCE PERSUADE (LIGHT SIDE) AND FORCE CHOKE (DARK SIDE) TO SHUT THEIR TEAMMATES UP? I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY KOTOR PLAYER THAT GOT SICK OF ALL THE MEDDLING THE NPC'S DO. PLUS, IF YOU GUYS AT OBSIDIAN ARE MAKING THE DESICIONS OF THE CHARACTER AFFECT THE OTHER PARTY MEMBERS, THIS WOULD BE A GREAT FEATURE. YOU CAN GET YOUR TEAMMATES TO FEAR YOU, OR DESPISE YOU, OR EVEN LIKE YOU IF THEY INITIALLY HATE YOU (THERE ARE A LOT OF WEAK MINDED FOOLS IN THE UNIVERSE). I WROTE A LOT OF CRAP AND I HOPE SOMEONE AT OBSIDIAN READS IT. I WOULD'VE ASKED A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT COMBAT, LIKE COULD YOU PLEASE ADD DIFFERENT ANIMATIONS FOR ATTACK, CRITICAL STRIKE, POWER ATTACK, AND FLURRY? BUT I KNOW THAT OBSIDIAN'S ALREADY WORKING TO FIX THE REPETITION OF COMBAT FROM THE FIRST KOTOR. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS! THE E3 FOOTAGE OF KOTOR 2 IN ACTION MADE MY JAW DROP, SO I KNOW THE FINAL PRODUCT WILL AS WELL. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU AND SERVE YOU WELL.

Dude, you posted crap like this on biowares forum. Stop it already!

Pardon me. I forgot how rude you Earth humans tend to be. I'll refrain from sharing my inner thoughts with weak minded fools. Although, I am intrigued to learn that these forums consist of people that at least pretend to know proper Galactic speak.

DarthShad, you seem to be the first person to respond to me with kindness. I appreciate your comments and i do know the developers at Obsidian are using the same engine from Bioware's Kotor 1. I also know that Obsidian Entertainment has a great team working on The Sith Lords.

Four simple animations (clipping lightsaber to belt, holstering blasters, slinging a blaster rifle or bowcaster on your back, and sheathing vibroblades or swords) shouldn't pose a problem for them. The developers would also need four more animations for when you unclip or maybe forcegrab lightsaber, draw blasters, unsling rifle, or unsheath vibroblades.

The reason I'm pushing this idea, is the fact that no one in the Star Wars universe runs around with their weapons in their hands all the time. Obsidian needs to scrap that stupid melee twirl from Kotor 1 that you can do with a press of the Y button. It's pointless and a waste of a button. Change the Y button melee twirl to a holstering, drawing move. When you unsheath your sword or unclip your lightsaber, you could still twirl it. All done.

Yes I agree, I've always wanted drawing and holstering weapons in games. I cant think of a game what does at the moment, must be a reason for it. Weapons just kind of magicly teleport into your hand etc. Too much man hours for a little amount of eye candy I guess. But if having your weapon in hand or holsterd has an impact on the world around you then they should add annimations for it since its an important part of the game and we'll be doing it alot.