Unlocking locked things

mahou

Question

Unlocking locked things: Specifically in regards to the 'Searching for Aelys' quest guess kinda spoilerish? But I haven't seen any ability to unlock things like what was in baldurs gate. Sorry if this is obvious to others.

Anyway i've come to the end of the quest line where i've located where Aelys is being held; Trygil's Curriery, but after being attacked by Trygil i can't seem to get past the locked door to get into the cellar. Was Trygil supposed to have dropped a key? I can't even figure out how to get any of the characters to try lock pick the door, am I missing an ability on the rogue? Still getting used to the UI.

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

I'm in a bit of a different situation in that I have lockpicks, but don't know how to use them on locked things? Do I equip the lockpicks to an inventory slot? I tried putting it in the usage slot, but it says 'filter error' or something. Same thing for grappling hook. How do I use these items?

Grappling hook is used in scripted interaction, same with hammer and I assume lockpick as well.

For example, use tab and go below, you see that chasm that is lighted with tab? You could have used grapping hook to get past the chasm instead of locking the door.

Grappling hook is used in scripted interaction, same with hammer and I assume lockpick as well.

For example, use tab and go below, you see that chasm that is lighted with tab? You could have used grapping hook to get past the chasm instead of locking the door.

Okay, maybe that's a bug itself then. Because I have all these things in my inventory, and I see the scenarios that they can be used in...but never an option to utilize the items

But I haven't seen any ability to unlock things like what was in baldurs gate. Sorry if this is obvious to others.

Not sure if that helps but I couldn't figure out how to use unlock either. Then I selected the rogue and clicked on a locked chest and she opened it.

• Like 1

But I haven't seen any ability to unlock things like what was in baldurs gate. Sorry if this is obvious to others.

Not sure if that helps but I couldn't figure out how to use unlock either. Then I selected the rogue and clicked on a locked chest and she opened it.

I think as far as that goes, if your stats are high enough, you simply open it when you attempt to open it. No other actions required.

• Like 1

Thanks. Quest must just be bugged seeing as no matter how many times i click on the locked door with each character nothing happens. Oh well guess i'll try complete some of the other quest and then try a new character.

Grappling hook and rope in inventory, chasm gap dialogue doesn't acknowledge this and offers no option to use it.

Can anyone else confirm this bug?

It may be possible to reproduce this bug by having a grapple and rope in your inventory before ever finding the chasm. I'll try this evening with a new character.

Grappling hook and rope in inventory, chasm gap dialogue doesn't acknowledge this and offers no option to use it.

Can anyone else confirm this bug?

It may be possible to reproduce this bug by having a grapple and rope in your inventory before ever finding the chasm. I'll try this evening with a new character.

yes myself and some others have posted about this already :)

I've found in the Dryford Ruins a door that keeps telling me I need Mechanics 7 to unlock it.. But I have a Rogue with Mechanics 7 and it doesn't do anything.

If I have the entire party selected and click on the door, I get the "Requires Mechanics 7" message in the log. If I select just the Rogue with that skill, they simply move in front of the door, nothing happens, not even any messages showing up in regards to it.

I'd expect the door to actually open in that situation... Or at least some form of message saying why it doesn't open.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."