Dual Monitor - Mouse moves out of window causing Screen Edge Scrolling Difficulties

vril

Question

Problem: Game is running in full-screen, I have two monitors, if I move the mouse to the edge of the screen that is next to the 2nd monitor the mouse moves out of the game window and the game does not scroll.

Expected: Mouse is locked to the PoEt window so scrolling works correctly on all screen edges.

• Like 3

18 answers to this question

Problem: Game is running in full-screen, I have two monitors, if I move the mouse to the edge of the screen that is next to the 2nd monitor the mouse moves out of the game window and the game does not scroll.

Expected: Mouse is locked to the PoEt window so scrolling works correctly on all screen edges.

Ideally the mouse should lock to the game window when exploring but allow movement outside the window once menus are open, since this does not allow scrolling the map edge anyway. This would make using other programs when the game is in windowed mode much more pleasant.

• Like 2

Ideally the mouse should lock to the game window when exploring but allow movement outside the window once menus are open, since this does not allow scrolling the map edge anyway. This would make using other programs when the game is in windowed mode much more pleasant.

That would be ideal. For the moment, note that you can scroll the viewport by dragging with the middle mouse button.

I'm pretty sure that in Baldur's Gate (if not, then it must have been some similar game), when you order your party to move, double-clicking on the destination will centre the screen on that point. That would be a great addition partly because it would help to ameliorate this issue, and partly because I'm so used to it that I find myself doing it automatically and getting very slightly disappointed every time :).

In case people are not aware ( or don't play old infinity engine games with dual monitor setups ) there are programs to lock the mouse to a window. I have been using Dual Display Mouse Manager and that not given me any issues. Still something I'd like to see the actual game itself manage though.

I'm having the same problem, while we wait for a fix a temporary solution that works for me is Windows Key +P to get my screen display options up, and then switching from extended mode to either Computer Only or Projector Only depending on what screen you're using.

In case people are not aware ( or don't play old infinity engine games with dual monitor setups ) there are programs to lock the mouse to a window. I have been using Dual Display Mouse Manager and that not given me any issues. Still something I'd like to see the actual game itself manage though.

There are better options. I use this with older games: http://www.snakebytestudios.com/projects/apps/cursor-lock/

Although this isn't exactly a bug, it is annoying. It would be great if the mouse could be locked to the game screen while playing. it would be even better if the game could be changed so that the game window doesn't minimise when application focus changes. An example of another game that doesn't minimise when that happens is QuakeLive.

This is not really a bug.  Whilst annoying, it is a very common feature of games when played in full screen windowed mode.

Suck it up, disable second monitor...or play normal full screen unfortunately.

It is happening in normal full screen not windowed mode, hence the issue.

Echo this one: in full screen mode, the game doesn't seem to steal the mouse aggressively enough.

Suggestion for bludgeon fix: make an area of some 10, 20 pixels around the screen edge "sticky".  When cursor moves into this area, treat it as scrolling and call SetCursorPos() to prevent cursor from wandering further (i.e. out of Eternity onto second screen)? :)

Although this isn't exactly a bug, it is annoying. It would be great if the mouse could be locked to the game screen while playing. it would be even better if the game could be changed so that the game window doesn't minimise when application focus changes. An example of another game that doesn't minimise when that happens is QuakeLive.

An option to lock the mouse to the active monitor in full screen mode is standard practice in modern games. Lots of people use more than one monitor these days so, while perhaps not technically a bug, it's an expected feature.

Hello Backers,

First, let me thank you for all the tremendous help and feedback that you are providing in the backer beta thus far. We greatly appreciate it!

This particular issue has been on our radar for some time and is intended to be a feature that we implement in the game. As someone who both personally and professionally utilizes dual monitors on a daily basis, I consider this feature to be more of a bug due to the standards of expectation we have for modern games.

That being said, we have many issues of severity that also need to be dealt with. So, while I would expect this feature to be implemented, we might need to learn to make do without it in the meantime. (At least for some of the beta)

Please note that the middle mouse button as well as the arrow keys, or option to change these controls via key bindings are also available as an alternative.

Thank you again for your wonderful support!

• Like 1

Until this game support a mouse-exclusive mode I recommend Cursor-Lock.  This freeware tool will lock your mouse cursor to one screen or even inside a specific window. Thanks to global hotkey support, you can toggle it on/off and switch modes when ever you need to. I myself have been using it for almost 7 years now

Edited by Dragoon-