Republican Party

Hurlshort

as far as drug use I would not go so far as to legalize all drugs because with some there ARE significant public safety concerns. 

I hope you will reconsider that position in the future. Drugs have been legal for the majority of our history and banning them undermines our founding principles on every level. Legalizing drugs would not increase how commonly it's used, and if they were legal they'd be cheaper. If they're cheaper expect that the odds of drug addicts committing crimes to fund their habit to decline dramatically.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

as far as drug use I would not go so far as to legalize all drugs because with some there ARE significant public safety concerns. 

I hope you will reconsider that position in the future. Drugs have been legal for the majority of our history and banning them undermines our founding principles on every level. Legalizing drugs would not increase how commonly it's used, and if they were legal they'd be cheaper. If they're cheaper expect that the odds of drug addicts committing crimes to fund their habit to decline dramatically.

I agree with you for the most part and see no issue with legalizing recreational drugs such as Marijuana or Cocaine. But psychoactive drugs like PCP, LSD, etc can easily lead to a user freaking out and injuring a innocent person. I don't care what someone does to themselves and neither should anyone else. I do care what they might do to others and psychoactive drugs raise the risk to a level that makes their legalization unacceptably risky.  

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I agree with you for the most part and see no issue with legalizing recreational drugs such as Marijuana or Cocaine. But psychoactive drugs like PCP, LSD, etc can easily lead to a user freaking out and injuring a innocent person. I don't care what someone does to themselves and neither should anyone else. I do care what they might do to others and psychoactive drugs raise the risk to a level that makes their legalization unacceptably risky.  

By the way, say MJ & Coke were legal and an employer wishes to test for it an not hire or not retain people who use that is perfectly OK too.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

we like a political circus as much as the next guy, but...

well, perhaps video is better

and

it would appear that these kinda videos received significant airtime, and cop organizations beat Perry to the punch by demanding lehmberg resignation. now perhaps prosecutors can come up with alternative reasons why Perry really wanted to remove lehmberg, but lehmberg did a pretty good job o' providing Perry with a plausible excuse, and that is likely all he needs... unless prosecutor got audio/video o' Perry admitting that his actual motivations were illegal. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Thomas Sowell

What about not stealing and not killing? Those are moral choices too. You might say certain behaviors don't affect others, so are OK. But what if I want to live in a society where people aren't all drug users and don't engage in deviant behavior? Do you understand that society affects everyone who lives in it, one way or another?

Your freedom ends the instant it intrudes on someone else. Killing & stealing affect other people. Consenting adults marrying whoever they want does not. c'mon, you know better than that! as far as drug use I would not go so far as to legalize all drugs because with some there ARE significant public safety concerns. But is a gay couple moves in next door and you don't like them being there... move. You are free to move, to ignore them etc. No one is forcing you to like anything.

If I'm in the majority, I should be able to have the society I want, not one where anything goes. Everything someone does affects the society in some way, people are social animals and no one is an island. For example, if you don't have stable families, you don't have a stable society either. People used to understand that, but now we're tending towards absolutism.

Like I said, Republican party is already dead, now they're driving away their base. I see major political realignment coming, but for the foreseeable future I guess we're stuck with one party Democrat rule.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

If I'm in the majority, I should be able to have the society I want, not one where anything goes. Everything someone does affects the society in some way, people are social animals and no one is an island. For example, if you don't have stable families, you don't have a stable society either. People used to understand that, but now we're tending towards absolutism.

Like I said, Republican party is already dead, now they're driving away their base. I see major political realignment coming, but for the foreseeable future I guess we're stuck with one party Democrat rule.

Do you think if you  criminalize homosexuality you will have more  stable families? Because that's what they do in the Middle East and I wouldn't say there cultures or family structures are better off than the USA?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm no fan of Perry, however the indictment as it's so far been represented in the media is a sham. Unless there's something that's not yet seen the light of day in the field of public accusations Perry is in the right on this one, will prevail in court for sure, and will likely come out unscathed politically as well (the office bringing the charges will likely get boiled instead; the DA in question is a corrupt dbag).

And not one person so far mentioned in this thread as a candidate for president would make a good one. With any of them we'd just get status quo and be piling on more weight to the sled we're riding downhill into oblivion.

Wheeeeee!

Edited by Valsuelm

As an outsider it seems to me that the Democrats, like all left-leaning governments, are making hay with identity politics and importing more and more client voters. Your Southern, South Western and even Western states seem destined for cessation at this rate.

I don't know how Republicans are meant to counter this, or even if there is a counter, but the traditional two Americas (the coastal fringes and the flyover states in the middle) seem to be diffusing into a variety of FUBAR zones under Obama's clusterphuck presidency.

And, yeah, as long as the head-banging Ultra-Christian theocrat tendency has the whip hand in the GOP, it's doomed.

I'd stock up on .22 LR, 5.56 and tinned goods, then head for the Ozarks. Europe is close behind, I ain't feeling smug.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

As an outsider it seems to me that the Democrats, like all left-leaning governments, are making hay with identity politics and importing more and more client voters. Your Southern, South Western and even Western states seem destined for cessation at this rate.

I don't know how Republicans are meant to counter this, or even if there is a counter, but the traditional two Americas (the coastal fringes and the flyover states in the middle) seem to be diffusing into a variety of FUBAR zones under Obama's clusterphuck presidency.

And, yeah, as long as the head-banging Ultra-Christian theocrat tendency has the whip hand in the GOP, it's doomed.

I'd stock up on .22 LR, 5.56 and tinned goods, then head for the Ozarks. Europe is close behind, I ain't feeling smug.

Aye aye. You read it fairly well. Except the part about the "Ultra-Christian theocrat tendency has the whip hand in the GOP". That's really just propaganda from the left. The 'Ultra-Christians' really aren't a big powerbase in any political party, nor are most of those that are religious in any party (there be religious democrats even believe it or not) causing any real problems on the national political scene. The big concerns of the 'Ultra-Christians' are much the same as the big concerns of those who tend to not think they are religious when it comes to politics. The anti-religious rhetoric is really just blah blah to further divide and conquer those who aren't politically savvy or intelligent enough to see what's what.

Anyways... yes. War is coming on both sides of the Atlantic. The question is how? Will it be civil uprisings or will the powers that be take us into another world war to avoid such uprisings? As they certainly know they are coming. It's openly talked about in many circles on this side of the Atlantic at this point. My money is on both, but I hope I'm wrong. The momentum towards hot conflict seems inexorable at this point, on many levels.

Anyways... yes. War is coming on both sides of the Atlantic. The question is how? Will it be civil uprisings or will the powers that be take us into another world war to avoid such uprisings? As they certainly know they are coming. It's openly talked about in many circles on this side of the Atlantic at this point. My money is on both, but I hope I'm wrong. The momentum towards hot conflict seems inexorable at this point, on many levels.

:lol:

You always were the master of theatrics.

So another world war is coming is it. Interesting, maybe you can explain how during the Cold War where the USA and the USSR really didn't like each other they never went to war ,because of the reality of mutually assured destruction due to nuclear weapons, somehow now we are going to see another world war?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

if you don't have stable families, you don't have a stable society either. People used to understand that, but now we're tending towards absolutism.

Absolutely no proof of that, at all.

If there's a Satan, or some such entity, they are laughing with glee at you and all those who think similar.

:fdevil:

'Theatrical' enough for you Bruce? 'Tis true either way, as is what I said above. 'Art' imitates life after all.

*rolls eyes*

Anyone on this planet long enough that doesn't regularly go hunting for sandworms head first and that truly thinks, knows that stable families are the bedrock of a stable civilization. It's a 101 concept in pretty much all of the humanities and life. The evidence of this is everywhere. And it's something that many do still realize, both those who want the stable society and those who want to bring it down. The latter seem to sadly be winning, and they are laughing with glee as well.

Edited by Valsuelm

if you don't have stable families, you don't have a stable society either. People used to understand that, but now we're tending towards absolutism.

If there's a Satan, or some such entity, they are laughing with glee at you and all those who think similar.

'Theatrical' enough for you Bruce? 'Tis true either way, as is what I said above. 'Art' imitates life after all.

*rolls eyes*

Anyone on this planet long enough that doesn't regularly go hunting for sandworms head first and that truly thinks, knows that stable families are the bedrock of a stable civilization. It's a 101 concept in pretty much all of the humanities and life. The evidence of this is everywhere. And it's something that many do still realize, both those who want the stable society and those who want to bring it down. The latter seem to sadly be winning, and they are laughing with glee as well.

IF there is a satan, and there is no more proof he exists than any other form of divine being, with a totally different style of morality than what we have.

So, I'll take that chance.

I might've spoken to soon though, for claritys sake, what do you define as a stable family?

• Like 1

*rolls eyes*

I don't disagree that stable families are important but I don't get the connection between a gay couple and stable family?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

*rolls eyes*

IF there is a satan, and there is no more proof he exists than any other form of divine being, with a totally different style of morality than what we have.

I might've spoken to soon though, for claritys sake, what do you define as a stable family?

White Christians who live in compounds in remote areas to avoid the creeping influence of the Lizard Jews.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

*rolls eyes*

White Christians who live in compounds in remote areas to avoid the creeping influence of the Lizard Jews.

:lol:

The thought of that really made me laugh

John Milton 

*rolls eyes*

I don't disagree that stable families are important but I don't get the connection between a gay couple and stable family?

You don't? You're the one who keeps trying to make one. I said nothing about homosexuality.

*rolls eyes*

You don't? You're the one who keeps trying to make one. I said nothing about homosexuality.

Well I assume that was what WOD was alluding to,. I may be wrong though. My bad for assuming you were saying the same thing. I apologize :blush:

John Milton 

So how do you recommend creating stable families?  It seems like a pretty difficult thing to control.

Good point Hurlshot, especially when we know that the term "stable family" is relative and very subjective

Look at you for example. Excellent family man, devoted husband and good role model to your kids yet you have had an understandable fallout with your immediate family. Can  you say you  have a stable family :p

John Milton 

*rolls eyes*

Waitjustabloodyminutehere..... Those are Lizard Jews???? I thought they were Argonians! I though I was playing Skyrim so much it was starting to become real to me!

Thomas Sowell

*rolls eyes*

Waitjustabloodyminutehere..... Those are Lizard Jews???? I thought they were Argonians! I though I was playing Skyrim so much it was starting to become real to me!

Wait until someone tells you about the Cat Catholics.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands