Dragon Age: Inquisition

Blarghagh

Bioware:

image.png?w=499&c=1

Hm, still have time to finish DA2.

Don't waste your time. Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 6

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

There's a new stream in 20 minutes on twitch, for those with nothing better to do or who still haven't gotten enough of that lovely fencepost.

(I did nothing at work and then got hammered with a coworker, so I can't claim I have anything better to do).

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Can characters not fight properly on their own like in FFXIII? That video gave me Demon Stone flashbacks.

If you check out the 8-minute mark in that video you see the tactical view and character selection / commands. It's pretty much a DA:O / Infinity Engine wet dream. You can even set command-specific way points (i.e. stand your ground and fight at that point for fighters). It looks pretty good to me and I'm usually the first one to smite Bioware.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Well Bio has earned a pre-order from me.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I have to admit, I'm becoming more tempted to picking this up on release rather then wait till some point after Christmas as I'd originally thought....

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Here's what I'm hoping: All's well, that ends well. If all this is actually as good as it looks, then I will personally rename DA:I. How about Dragon Age: Redemption?

Yeah, we could rename DA2 into Dragon Age: Exaggeration while we are at it. It even works on both sides of the... fence.

• Like 2

So everyone is praising DA:I? Did Bruce finally break everyone?

Here is the thing, as Monte alluded to you would be silly to not  start getting excited and recognising that DA:I is looking impressive. Bioware is really taking this game seriously and wants to deliver the entertainment factor that many of us have been asking for from there games

Plus you throw in Romance and its just faaaaaaaantastic   :dancing:  :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Having watched the amount of content and tone of the playthroughs with Mike Laidlaw, I think they *know* many of us don't trust Biowarr anymore. DA2 has left scars on their backs. They even went out of their way to show a keyboard and mouse session. They should be praised for this: they're responding to legitimate criticism and actively looking to build trust. I don't expect Bioware to make a game specifically for me, just be upfront about the game they *are* making. This was issue number one with DA2 (which I refused to buy and still haven't).

Reasonable people change their minds when the facts change too, which is whats haPpening with me based on the evidence so far.

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

Having watched the amount of content and tone of the playthroughs with Mike Laidlaw, I think they *know* many of us don't trust Biowarr anymore. DA2 has left scars on their backs. They even went out of their way to show a keyboard and mouse session. They should be praised for this: they're responding to legitimate criticism and actively looking to build trust. I don't expect Bioware to make a game specifically for me, just be upfront about the game they *are* making. This was issue number one with DA2 (which I refused to buy and still haven't).

Reasonable people change their minds when the facts change too, which is whats haPpening with me based on the evidence so far.

I talked with Laidlaw once, I personally think he is awesome, a very smart and genuine guy with the unenviable task of having had to face an overly ambitious and poorly resourced project (da2).

Here's part 2 of the Skyhold twitch gameplay from a few hours ago. It's for Xbox One, though. Part 1 was not that interesting, but here you get to see crafting, and half the vid is the dev getting his ass handed to him on hard vs some Rage Demon that affects surrounding wraiths around him. Also, you get to have a nursery, planting seeds and growing exotic plants. I love gardening, so this is just getting better.

One thing is worrisome - this may be one of those "good bye work and any social life"-games.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Well the game certainly looks pretty. Hm..how deep do Origin sales go ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well the game certainly looks pretty. Hm..how deep do Origin sales go ? :p

Well, DAO was just available for free. So depends on how long you want to wait... :p

For us in Europe, it's a month to go now! And meanwhile, on Sep 29, will get a DA Keep to play around with. I'm still pondering over which character to make, so there's plenty of time for that, and even for planning which companions I'd like to bring along (of those published - perhaps there will be surprises or day 1 DLC-ones?  :p  )

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

For us in Europe, it's a month to go now! And meanwhile, on Sep 29, will get a DA Keep to play around with. I'm still pondering over which character to make, so there's plenty of time for that, and even for planning which companions I'd like to bring along (of those published - perhaps there will be surprises or day 1 DLC-ones?  :p  )

Indira are you happy that there is Romance in DA:I, do you follow Romance arcs or  is it inconsequential for you ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Just for you, Bruce:

Keyrock: Insightful post. It all comes down to what's in those areas, regardless of size, and yeah, the bigger they are, the harder they are to fill. I'll keep my fingers crossed. However, overall, it looks promising. I hope that DA:I will place itself cleverly in that Goldilock zone in-between Skyrim, BG2 and MotB. For once, I will seek out the romances in this game. I haven't before, and they felt forced upon me. This time, I will go all in. I'm already checking out all the companions to see who it'll be. :wub:

• Like 1

So everyone is praising DA:I? Did Bruce finally break everyone?

Don't worry, I'm holding steady!

Grumbling here to myself about agency. In between spouts of incoherent ramblings an onlooker would just be able to make out the names "Gault," "Merideth," and "Starkid."

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."