Police arrest, attack reporters; order reporters NOT to cover protest. IN UNITED STATES.

ktchong

Shooting? Of course not. Now some drone deployed pepper spray... :devil:

You could always have the drones deliver them Taco Bell, that way you can say you treated them well and push them to the nearest bathroom.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

That actually would be a rather neat way of crowd control, not aggressive and not -too- harmful.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For the very first time in history, a team of international human right observers are on US soils to monitor human right abuses and unlawful arrests/obstructions of journalists by the police.  (The polices are still arresting journalists.)

Edited by ktchong

Amnesty are a sick joke. They won't get a penny of my money while they grandstand in places they've no business meddling in while ignoring urgent human rights abuses.

Amnesty is a lifestylist's choice - full of poseurs and leftist gadflies.

• Like 3

sonsofgygax.JPG

Amnesty are a sick joke. They won't get a penny of my money while they grandstand in places they've no business meddling in while ignoring urgent human rights abuses.

Amnesty is a lifestylist's choice - full of poseurs and leftist gadflies.

Monte please don't equivocate, its not clear from this post if you support the endeavors of Amnesty? Just be honest, people prefer honesty .... :aiee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Campaigning against torture? Yup, I'm with them all the way.

Sticking their noses in places like Missouri, when they could be campaigning on Syria, or Brazilian Favela death-squads? Don't make me laugh.

Actually, on the scale of Amnesty projects, Missouri is actually closer to Syria and the Favelas than a lot of their other stuff... smh

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

For the very first time in history, a team of international human right observers are on US soils to monitor human right abuses and unlawful arrests/obstructions of journalists by the police.  (The polices are still arresting journalists.)

So nobody covered the civil rights movements in the 60's?

For the very first time in history, a team of international human right observers are on US soils to monitor human right abuses and unlawful arrests/obstructions of journalists by the police. (The polices are still arresting journalists.)

History is only 30 years old.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

For the very first time in history, a team of international human right observers are on US soils to monitor human right abuses and unlawful arrests/obstructions of journalists by the police. (The polices are still arresting journalists.)

History is only 30 years old.

Hey lets not stand in the way of some great over the top hyperbole.

Actually it has an even shorter memory than that I am afraid or it suffers from ADD .......

https://storify.com/jcstearns/tracking-journalist-arrests-during-the-occupy-prot

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

Send him to the Qaliphate

Well I can say with almost complete certainty his career is basically over,  I heard he has already been suspended. Its sad really because he made it easy for people to find obvious  examples of  "aggressive policemen " to now prosecute and make an example of ...also he clearly hasn't been on sensitivity training.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I heard he has already been suspended.

Yep.  Has been relieved of duty and suspended indefinitely.  Thankfully one of his fellow officers forced him to lower his weapon and helped diffuse the situation. 

• Like 1

Bad cops are out there, for sure.  Like any profession, you can expect about 10% of people to be terrible.  There is also a culture in police departments that protects those bad cops, which is the bigger problem.

But maybe we should balance all this police bashing with some stories about cops risking their lives to save others, getting shot in the back by bad guys, and keeping their cool while dealing with abuse from hoodrats.  Because that stuff happens every day.

• Like 3

Send him to the Qaliphate

Well I can say with almost complete certainty his career is basically over,  I heard he has already been suspended. Its sad really because he made it easy for people to find obvious  examples of  "aggressive policemen " to now prosecute and make an example of ...also he clearly hasn't been on sensitivity training.

There is absolutely no shortage of examples of over aggressive policemen out there. And the guy's career will not be over. Police get away with far far worse and still have their careers intact. With rare exception the worst that ever happens to them is they are fired, in which case they often go on to work for another police agency. One of the biggest problems we have in the states (and elsewhere) is the idea that 'public officials' of all sorts are above the law in many respects. Police often do indeed quite literally get away with murder.

Bad cops are out there, for sure.  Like any profession, you can expect about 10% of people to be terrible. 

10%!?!?!

My experience has that number at much higher across most professions, especially high when it comes to government or large corporate employees. With police specifically it's about 50/50, and I've numerous friends on the 'force'.

Bad cops are out there, for sure.  Like any profession, you can expect about 10% of people to be terrible.  There is also a culture in police departments that protects those bad cops, which is the bigger problem.

But maybe we should balance all this police bashing with some stories about cops risking their lives to save others, getting shot in the back by bad guys, and keeping their cool while dealing with abuse from hoodrats.  Because that stuff happens every day.

Hm...no, I don't see why we should. Who cares if they deal with harsh crap that they sign up for ? If they can't hack it without becoming power tripping bullies, then they should find another line of work. Or perhaps look into joining up with OC groups. If they do good things, well again, that's their job, but not really relevant when talking about their abuses of authority or lusting for escalation.

And how does that relate to this particular idiot showing brilliant control by aiming a rifle at someone to the point another officer had to be the adult and lead him away ?

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hm...no, I don't see why we should. Who cares if they deal with harsh crap that they sign up for ? If they can't hack it without becoming power tripping bullies, then they should find another line of work. Or perhaps look into joining up with OC groups. If they do good things, well again, that's their job, but not really relevant when talking about their abuses of authority or lusting for escalation.

And how does that relate to this particular idiot showing brilliant control by aiming a rifle at someone to the point another officer had to be the adult and lead him away ?

No what he means is the 90 % are doing an excellent job, so don't judge  the whole police force on the 10 % bad. In other words he isn't trying to justify the 10 % bad but  they don't represent all the good work the entire Police force does. And I tend to agree with this sentiment ...."don't throw the baby out with the bath water "

John Milton 

complete off-topic, but the ghetto slang for head lice is hoodrats. is actual a very colorful bit o' nomenclature when you stop and think 'bout it. in any event, given Gromnir's background and experience, we gets peculiar imagery of cops dealing with abuse from hoodrats.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Not relevant when you're looking at abuses of police and in this situation. I don't think the video was really meant as a slant at all police, in the first place, rather than the soldier-cop they should send to a warzone to see how he'd cut it.

Even if you do the worst as a citizen and see the cops as Blue Mafia so ditch the 10% and the 90%, what do you lose ? You'll treat them the same way, just out of fear of them racking you up for some reason rather than, heh, respecting them for their noble work.

Bad cops are out there, for sure.  Like any profession, you can expect about 10% of people to be terrible. 

10%!?!?!

My experience has that number at much higher across most professions, especially high when it comes to government or large corporate employees. With police specifically it's about 50/50, and I've numerous friends on the 'force'.

There is no evidence to support that.  95% of police officers will never fire their weapons in the line of duty in their career.  With video becoming more prevalent, accountability is on the rise, rather than the reverse.  

Look, there is always room for improvement.  This is a terribly difficult profession, it requires way more training, discipline, and accountability that your average job.  But buying into negative stereotypes is pointless, and perpetrating them only worsens the situation.

• Like 1