Combat log string bug with "additional effect"

Thought I spotted a bug in the combat log watching the Gamescom video:

(excuse the 2mb png)

combat_log_bug.png

Wood Beetle grazes BB Fighter for 2 piercing damage.

... but BB Fighter with additional effect.

I'm guessing that's supposed to be ... but inflicts? BB Fighter with <something>.

Probably just an incomplete string / string typo.

Feel free to move to the bug reporting thread when it goes up (probably later this week).

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 4

Thought I spotted a bug in the combat log watching the Gamescom video:

(excuse the 2mb png)

Wood Beetle grazes BB Fighter for 2 piercing damage.

... but BB Fighter with additional effect.

I'm guessing that's supposed to be ... but inflicts? BB Fighter with .

Probably just an incomplete string / string typo.

Feel free to move to the bug reporting thread when it goes up (probably later this week).

Thanks, Sensuki. I will pass it along to the QA folks for investigation.

I just assumed it was for style :lol:

But yeah, the cursor should be hidden too

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Maybe it is just me but I find it far more odd I can still see the movement cursor during a load screen than that the font size is wrong.

That's true, I'm not sure if that's the final load screen, but I'm pretty sure the game background just goes black and once the required amount of tiles have streamed in, it shows the map.

I certainly may hope loading isn't accompanied by a blank black screen.. :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

In the second video I think the ogre is killed by Sassy, even though Sassy does 0.0 damage to it...?

In the second Twitch Gamescom video, BB Wizard killed Korgrak (12:33); it seems Sassy had a hit queued in the same round that hit Korgrak after the initial death leading to Sassy getting a hit (for 0 damage- he's dead) and as he is dead a second death report (12:35).  Not sure if that's what's intended, or not.

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I've always liked it when the cursor changes to some spiffy little "loading in progress" animation, to signify that it's temporarily not really active as an interact-with-things cursor. Could be a little adventurer running or something. Or an eternity sign with "souls" (glow or what have you) flowing through it, indefinitely. Just something simple. It's more fun that way than just having a blank screen, and the cursor's gone while you wait. *shrug*

Not even a moderately-sized deal. Just one of those nifty little things that's nice.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I certainly may hope loading isn't accompanied by a blank black screen.. :/

Really it isn't a big concern.  Any strong PC will be loading things really fast anyway.  I will be stunned if it takes me more than 5-10 seconds to load a map.  Anyone on an SSD will probably be able to get through area transitions literally in 2-3 seconds.