Is there still no world cup thread? (the sequel)

Tale

The Brazilians have impressed me, although Fernandinho should have at least a yellow card for all those late tackles on James.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy there have been no yellows thus far.  There should be at least 3 right now.  I'm all for letting guys play, but there have been some real late and/or dangerous challenges.  Also, Neymar should have gotten a yellow for charging a free kick.  He was WAY inside of 10 yards.  I'm not talking 8 or 9 yards, I'm talking 4 or 5 yards.  It was insanely blatant and not called.  I know that's a crappy thing to card a guy for, but when it's that blatant, you gotta do it.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Brazilians have impressed me, although Fernandinho should have at least a yellow card for all those late tackles on James.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy there have been no yellows thus far. There should be at least 3 right now. I'm all for letting guys play, but there have been some real late and/or dangerous challenges. Also, Neymar should have gotten a yellow for charging a free kick. He was WAY inside of 10 yards. I'm not talking 8 or 9 yards, I'm talking 4 or 5 yards. It was insanely blatant and not called. I know that's a crappy thing to card a guy for, but when it's that blatant, you gotta do it.

Yes, that early rush on the Colombian free kick was ridicilous.

Finally the first yellow of the game, and what a ridiculously boneheaded play by Silva.  I mean, even this ref will yellow card you for that.  That was crazy.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wow. Hell of a free kick

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Brazil won, and they probably deserved to, but, I will say this, the referee took about 45 minutes too long to start booking people.  Ze Germans are going to take Brazil out in the semis.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

That was classy of David Luiz giving that pep talk to James Rodriguez. Man of the Tournament.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Hopefully they have a different officiating crew for the semi against Germany.  Because if the refs let the kind of **** that went down in this match go on against Germany, the Germans will gladly oblige them and send several Brazilians off the field on stretchers.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Crap. Neymar has a broken vertebrae.

That sucks.  No Neymar, no Thiago Silva.  I don't see how Brazil can beat Germany.  I would have picked Germany anyway, even if both squads were at full strength.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Not sure what the hell is wrong with Germany. Must be Guardiola's influence.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra