The Funny Things Thread.

Rosbjerg

I almost made it 4 minutes through that. I guess I'm not the audience for those "Everything wrong" videos (and yet I enjoy Honest Trailers, go fig) but much of it seemed awfully nitpicky.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yeah, I understand that's their thing. Its not my thing, I guess.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I almost made it 4 minutes through that. I guess I'm not the audience for those "Everything wrong" videos (and yet I enjoy Honest Trailers, go fig) but much of it seemed awfully nitpicky.

So you would say that you are ok with mediocrity and banality in video games?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

abq550E_700b_v1.jpg

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Hey Rosbjerg, stop stealing my stuff. I'm on to you man. (fight the power!)

Did you post it already? Damn, guess I'll have to put you on moderated review to make sure I'm first..

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

So you would say that you are ok with mediocrity and banality in video games?

Its perfectly possible to enjoy a game despite nitpickable areas.  But then, in the end, what I care about is whether the story and the gameplay are strong enough together to propel me through the game.

But then I also watch stuff like PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE and THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN for fun, so the ability for something to make logical sense and to be entertaining are never something I consider to be intrinsically linked, anyhow.  I understand most people can't seem to watch this stuff without the MS3K people talking over the movies, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised to find game players who decide that they've got to be the video game equivalent to MS3K either.

• Like 2