Release on 2015 if that will mean a better game

Sorry...I'm catching up here.

What was the fear that caused this initial post?

An update somewhere?  A video on the development of the game?

Did we just suggest this possible scenario and then start arguing for or against it?

If so, why did we suggest this possible scenario and then start arguing for or against it? 

Obsidian's track record?

So many questions....never mind...forget it...I withdraw all my questions...I'm going to the bar.

It was not fear or anything I read somewhere. Just the will to see how other backers feel about this (hopefully) unlikely scenario. Also, our word reaches Obsidian ears and I thought it would be good for them to know our reactions in advance in the (hopefully unlikely) case they are considering further delay is necessary.

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

Just the will to see how other backers feel about this (hopefully) unlikely scenario. Also, our word reaches Obsidian ears and I thought it would be good for them to know our reactions in advance in the (hopefully unlikely) case they are considering further delay is necessary.

Well, in that case I hope it reaches their ears that I don't want PoE to be delayed by even a single month.

I have been fruitlessly waiting for (a game like) this since I finished Throne of Bhaal and I'm not willing to take this suffering longer then absolutley necessary.

Per the OP.

Absolutely not. There'd be no more funding. Didn't Obsidian already admit in one of the updates or something that they used up the KS funds already? You can't expect more "quality" without the resource backing, or are you expecting a herd of unpaid interns paid in air? Do you really think merely the addition of "time" is a feasible business maneuvre? (Answer: No.) In relation to that, I also said "no" to another Kickstarter/fund request for the simple reason that there's absolutely no guarantee that additional funds+time will somehow make the game that much better if they ran out of money the first time, and represents additional risk in project management. It's better to make the game core a good foundation and sell a solid base to further fund additional content, even with necessary compromises. Maybe we have fewer wilderness areas. Fine with me. Maybe the initial live instrumentation promise must be nixed; okay, I get that. This is still an unproven product, and crowdsourcing is 100% dependent upon good faith. It's better to add to a solid core product based on its own earned funds, IMO. (Though I wouldn't want Obsidian to actually cut produced content into DLC or something, but I'm pretty sure Obs said they wouldn't do that...)

Most importantly, transparency is important to maintain trust and understanding for an imperfect production schedule. 

• Like 3

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Per the OP.

Absolutely not. There'd be no more funding. Didn't Obsidian already admit in one of the updates or something that they used up the KS funds already? You can't expect more "quality" without the resource backing, or are you expecting a herd of unpaid interns paid in air? Do you really think merely the addition of "time" is a feasible business maneuvre? (Answer: No.) In relation to that, I also said "no" to another Kickstarter/fund request for the simple reason that there's absolutely no guarantee that additional funds+time will somehow make the game that much better if they ran out of money the first time, and represents additional risk in project management. It's better to make the game core a good foundation and sell a solid base to further fund additional content, even with necessary compromises. Maybe we have fewer wilderness areas. Fine with me. Maybe the initial live instrumentation promise must be nixed; okay, I get that. This is still an unproven product, and crowdsourcing is 100% dependent upon good faith. It's better to add to a solid core product based on its own earned funds, IMO. (Though I wouldn't want Obsidian to actually cut produced content into DLC or something, but I'm pretty sure Obs said they wouldn't do that...)

Most importantly, transparency is important to maintain trust and understanding for an imperfect production schedule. 

You couldn't be more right. No additional founding, even if they've run out of cash, they'll have to empty their pockets to find more, a thing they may end up doing if they delay release for another month or two.

Yeah, it is quite likely they invest of their own money even at that moment. I strongly believe KS Campaign was for Obsidian a helping hand to create the game, they must be quite confident they are gonna make a s****load of cash after game release, plus set foundation for more titles, success and profit.

And they couldn't be more right, Obsidian has the most brilliant RPGs minds in the industry as of today and everything they touch turns gold.

(I just hope they steer clear of No 1 corporal devil: f***ing EA)

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

Absolutely not. There'd be no more funding. Didn't Obsidian already admit in one of the updates or something that they used up the KS funds already? 

If they did, kindly provide the reference ('cuz I certainly missed it).

If they didn't, kindly issue a correction. Rumors like this can take flight and do a lot of damage.

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Absolutely not. There'd be no more funding. Didn't Obsidian already admit in one of the updates or something that they used up the KS funds already? 

If they did, kindly provide the reference ('cuz I certainly missed it).

If they didn't, kindly issue a correction. Rumors like this can take flight and do a lot of damage.

Yes, it would be nice if you can do this. I don't remember reading about that either.

Fair point, I'll endeavor to dig and either quote/correct. (This forum doesn't make it easy to search for dev quotes, alas, especially with cross-posting from the other forum too.)

Edited by Ieo
  • Like 1

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

The updates are easy to read in order from Kickstarter... or the 'updates' forum.

Since I *also* don't recall it, that does make a lot of people who missed it that I find it unlikely it was stated at all.

Maybe you confuse PoE with some other Kickstarter?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I don't believe it was any comment in an official update, but it's possible I was thinking of a different KS as well. :p Anyway, the edit window is closed so let's just ignore the questionable "Didn't Obsidian already admit in one of the updates or something that they used up the KS funds already?" question.

Even with/without that, I wouldn't want a further delay or even additional crowdsourcing at this point.

• Like 1