Obama Impeachment

obyknven

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Meanwhile we've got the "Enforce the Law" act that just sailed through the House.

Not entirely sure that this is going to go the way that those in the house want it to if you ask me.

No, the plan here is if they can get it through the Senate (possible but unlikely) the President will veto it and they get a nice little potical soundbite or two out of it for the elections. Oh look, the President refuses to obey the law, executive over reach, Obama is a dicatator, that kind of thing.

While I do think executive abuse and over reach are a serious problem that WILL need to be addressed before Obama leaves office, this bill is desiged to be vetoed. I do not approve of the legislature send up bills designed to fail for purely poitical purposes. That is not what congress is for and, quite honestly is an abuse of their power.

Besides, the Dems can torpedo this in the Senate and deprive the GOP of the soundbite. They will still get one but it won't be as effective as if Obama vetoed it. But the House GOP does love their quioxitc causes.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Meanwhile we've got the "Enforce the Law" act that just sailed through the House.

Not entirely sure that this is going to go the way that those in the house want it to if you ask me.

No, the plan here is if they can get it through the Senate (possible but unlikely) the President will veto it and they get a nice little potical soundbite or two out of it for the elections. Oh look, the President refuses to obey the law, executive over reach, Obama is a dicatator, that kind of thing.

While I do think executive abuse and over reach are a serious problem that WILL need to be addressed before Obama leaves office, this bill is desiged to be vetoed. I do not approve of the legislature send up bills designed to fail for purely poitical purposes. That is not what congress is for and, quite honestly is an abuse of their power.

Besides, the Dems can torpedo this in the Senate and deprive the GOP of the soundbite. They will still get one but it won't be as effective as if Obama vetoed it. But the House GOP does love their quioxitc causes.

Eh, the way I see it, if it did get through, they'd be to scared to use it because it'd have to end up in the supreme court to see if it's really constitutional. Also he could reverse everything and ask the house and senate to let him enforce the various laws that they voted into place by not holding up appointees.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Care to elaborate on what this is?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

From what I could pick up from the various news reports, it basically is a law that allows congress to sue the executive if they don't feel he's properly enforcing their laws. And it makes sure that these lawsuits would be expedited through the court system so that the republicans (should they get it through which is doubtful) would be able to quickly get their satisfaction... until a republican president is going up against a democratic legislature.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr4138

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

*reads the better summary from Lib Of Congress*

You know... if that does pass.....

Congress can sue itself for failing to do anything.

• Like 1

*reads the better summary from Lib Of Congress*

You know... if that does pass.....

Congress can sue itself for failing to do anything.

Would be interesting to say the least.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Thanks everyone!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

As I posted above, I really doubt that bill is a serious attempt to accomplish anything. It looks like a bill designed to be either vetoed or scuttled in the senate for the pure purposes of making commercials and other kinds of political hay of it.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

As I posted above, I really doubt that bill is a serious attempt to accomplish anything. It looks like a bill designed to be either vetoed or scuttled in the senate for the pure purposes of making commercials and other kinds of political hay of it.

"In 2014 Obama refused to obey the Law. Help us elect Rep. Generic Republican who will force him to be held accountable!"

Certainly seems like ad fodder. Nice to know congress is focusing on what is important.

• Like 1

"In 2014 Obama refused to obey the Law. Help us elect Rep. Generic Republican who will force him to be held accountable!"

Certainly seems like ad fodder. Nice to know congress is focusing on what is important.

Yup. Sad thing is they are getting my vote this year. Not because of this or because they deserve it. I'm voting Republican only because they are slightly less repulsive than Democrats IMHO.

Thomas Sowell

I dunno GD, I'm probably going to vote third party if possible. Don't want to vote Republican, as most running in Texas are basing a good portion of their campaigns on opposing abortions or stoping the "Illegal invasion", which is both infeasible and pretty pathetic pandering IMO.

I vote Libertarian whenever they have a candidate in the race. But they just have no real presence where I live. When I lived in Florida and was actually involved in politics we were a viable party there. 

Thomas Sowell

Once a President blatantly refuses to follow or enforce the law, he's no longer a President, he's a dictator and a tyrant.

Edit : Congress is trying to give themselves standing to sue when the President refuses to follow the law Congress passed and a President signed. Nothing sinister in that. Right now a President can get away with ignoring laws because in many cases no one has standing to sue, since you can't sue as a taxpayer or a citizen. Even if someone has standing, it takes years to work through the courts, meanwhile the damage is done. Thus in many cases the only remedy for a lawless President is impeachment, which is usually not practical.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Once a President blatantly refuses to follow or enforce the law, he's no longer a President, he's a dictator and a tyrant.

Edit : Congress is trying to give themselves standing to sue when the President refuses to follow the law Congress passed and a President signed. Nothing sinister in that. Right now a President can get away with ignoring laws because in many cases no one has standing to sue, since you can't sue as a taxpayer or a citizen. Even if someone has standing, it takes years to work through the courts, meanwhile the damage is done. Thus in many cases the only remedy for a lawless President is impeachment, which is usually not practical.

HA! No.

After all, we have laws on the books that technically an unmarried couple cannot check into a hotel as married for a 1 bed situation, and that you can be hanged for stealing cows, and that if you're found between double beds with a member of the opposite sex, you're liable to be tossed in prison.

And you're telling me that if a president doesn't enforce these laws he's automatically a tyrant? I mean right now Congress is blocking more laws being enforced than the president is.

With that type of criteria, good luck finding any Presidents that don't meet your definition of a tyrant.

• Like 1

With that type of criteria, good luck finding any Presidents that don't meet your definition of a tyrant.

Democracy is a very missunderstood political system, mostly because people are afraid of responsibility. to make an analogy using a ship, in democracy, the people of the country are the captain, and the president is the navigator. the captain says "set a course for that place" and the navigator has to find the optimal route. however the way the system works, and the very wrong habit of calling the president "leader" (when he is just an easily replaceable manager) , make it that he gets to be the captain and the people become passengers of a country that becomes his personal ship, that he takes wherever he likes. there is another system, much older, that works the same way: monarchy.

so in short, the modern definition of democracy is "choose your king for the next 4 years and obey him"

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

And you're telling me that if a president doesn't enforce these laws he's automatically a tyrant?

... n.... no?

Where did I ever say that? I... I said the exact opposite of that.

Is Obama rounding citizens up and having them executed in concentration camps? Is he locking foreign tourists up because he suspects them of being gay? Is he refusing food, water, and basic quality of life materials to his citizens? Is he personally overseeing every horrendous crime in America?

And you're telling me that if a president doesn't enforce these laws he's automatically a tyrant?

... n.... no?

Is Obama rounding citizens up and having them executed in concentration camps? Is he locking foreign tourists up because he suspects them of being gay? Is he refusing food, water, and basic quality of life materials to his citizens? Is he personally overseeing every horrendous crime in America?

You're responding to Calax as if their post had been directed towards you. :)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

... n.... no?

You're responding to Calax as if their post had been directed towards you. :)

Sure, but it does get a little frustrating when we keep hearing what a terrible president Obama is and how he has destroyed the fabric of American society and how " there is a thousand years of darkness coming " when he was re-elected :)

I'm not saying Calax is saying this at all , its just the general sentiment from some people on these forums

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela