Terror fail

Walsingham

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-25412487

Glyn Roberts, chief executive of the Northern Ireland Retail Trade Association, said: "There is absolute utter disgust that yet again Belfast city centre is in the headlines for the wrong reasons.

"I think a message needs to go out to the people who plant these bombs - you simply will not win, you're not going to ruin our town centre and you're not going to ruin Christmas."

Alban Maginness from the Social Democratic and Labour Party (SDLP) said: "It beggars belief that following the placing of a bomb in the Cathedral Quarter on Friday night that Belfast would be faced with yet another attempted act of wanton destruction.

"To place an incendiary device in a busy shopping area is both reckless and irresponsible and serves no rational purpose.

"Those behind this incendiary device are anti-Belfast and just want to threaten jobs, livelihoods and people's enjoyment of our city. They must not be permitted to prevail," he added.

The man in question apparently tried to ignite an incendiary bomb and succeeded only in setting himself on fire.

I'm not keen to admit I'm pleased. But I will freely admit that I haven't the least compassion for the murderous halfwit.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm not keen to admit I'm pleased. But I will freely admit that I haven't the least compassion for the murderous halfwit.

I wouldn't mind admitting that this kind of backfiring makes me anything but unhappy. About the same warm and fuzzy feeling I get when drunk drivers hit a road tree instead of a family on the footpath. Some misery is indeed entirely of peoples own making and better themselves than innocent victims.

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Heh. That reminds me of the story of some terrorists travelling through Europe back in the 80's, they set the bomb in one country as they were traveling but forgot about the time zone difference when they got there.. so it went off an hour early in the van they were all in.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-25412487

Glyn Roberts, chief executive of the Northern Ireland Retail Trade Association, said: "There is absolute utter disgust that yet again Belfast city centre is in the headlines for the wrong reasons.

"I think a message needs to go out to the people who plant these bombs - you simply will not win, you're not going to ruin our town centre and you're not going to ruin Christmas."

Alban Maginness from the Social Democratic and Labour Party (SDLP) said: "It beggars belief that following the placing of a bomb in the Cathedral Quarter on Friday night that Belfast would be faced with yet another attempted act of wanton destruction.

"To place an incendiary device in a busy shopping area is both reckless and irresponsible and serves no rational purpose.

"Those behind this incendiary device are anti-Belfast and just want to threaten jobs, livelihoods and people's enjoyment of our city. They must not be permitted to prevail," he added.

The man in question apparently tried to ignite an incendiary bomb and succeeded only in setting himself on fire.

Just single madman try simulate IRA. Anyway i have reasons don't consider seriously typical British anti-IRA propaganda from media or officials ( Imagine what medieval officials can say about Robin Hood in similar situations ). Just few examples:

How shameful British "democratic" media covering crimes of government:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/jun/17/ira-hunger-strike-fleet-street

Imprisoned IRA founder causing so much terror to British reporter during interview.

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/regional/ira-founder-89-has-no-regrets-1-2686131

“From I was 15 until 65 I was in some way involved. I have had plenty of time since to think if I was right or I was wrong.

“I regret nothing.”

If the people of Northern Ireland can largely put the Troubles in the past then I think it behooves me to do so.

I'm not engaging.

The point is what is happening now, not what went before.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If the people of Northern Ireland can largely put the Troubles in the past then I think it behooves me to do so.

I'm not engaging.

What went before is not ended yet. Or you think Irish people just forgot genocide by Britt's during XVII-XIX centuries, or concentration camps, killings and other **** performed by Britt's in Northern Ireland by Thatcher's government?

Anyway reasons caused Irish terrorism is not disappeared and this mean terror is not yet over.

My family still has a grudge against Mr Cromwell for burning down our castle, hooligan. Still I don't think blowing up innocents now would change anything particularly.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm not engaging.

What went before is not ended yet. Or you think Irish people just forgot genocide by Britt's during XVII-XIX centuries, or concentration camps, killings and other **** performed by Britt's in Northern Ireland by Thatcher's government?

Anyway reasons caused Irish terrorism is not disappeared and this mean terror is not yet over.

So I assume you wouldn't mind if Ukrainians, Poles, Lithuanians, Belarussians, Latvians, Estonians, Fins, Czechs, Slovaks, Germans, and every other nation that suffered because of the Soviet Union started randomly killing Russians? By your logic, that's perfectly reasonable. Especially when you consider the genocide program in the Ukraine or the mass murders of Poles. And that's just the 20th century! 

'oby' wouldn't have a problem with any sort of violence. oby's in love with violence.

-Elwood Blues

So I assume you wouldn't mind if Ukrainians, Poles, Lithuanians, Belarussians, Latvians, Estonians, Fins, Czechs, Slovaks, Germans, and every other nation that suffered because of the Soviet Union started randomly killing Russians? By your logic, that's perfectly reasonable. Especially when you consider the genocide program in the Ukraine or the mass murders of Poles. And that's just the 20th century! 

Wut? Eastern Europeans don't began killing each other because this tiny bro'wars.  It's all about who is main brother in family, all of them want play same role in case of win.   Meanwhile Irish-British relation is totally different, it's all about British supremacism and systematic extermination of Irish people, they even don't considered as humans by Britts.

In East Europe never exist nothing similar and such (many centuries long) anti-Russian resistance as in Ireland never exist also . Also don't exist IRA analogs here.

My family still has a grudge against Mr Cromwell for burning down our castle, hooligan. Still I don't think blowing up innocents now would change anything particularly.

Well by the standards of warfare at the time, Mr Cromwell was fairly restrained..  ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Wut? Eastern Europeans don't began killing each other because this tiny bro'wars.  It's all about who is main brother in family, all of them want play same role in case of win.   Meanwhile Irish-British relation is totally different, it's all about British supremacism and systematic extermination of Irish people, they even don't considered as humans by Britts.

In East Europe never exist nothing similar and such (many centuries long) anti-Russian resistance as in Ireland never exist also . Also don't exist IRA analogs here.

Because that's totally different from Russian supremacism and the systematic extermination of lesser peoples, both during the Tsar years (annexation and abuse of Poland come to mind, not to mention dozens of other nations and states) and during the Soviet Union years (whose genocidal policies and bodycount put Hitler to shame). 

Russia wasn't a brother, it was a bully. A bully with severe issues, like the butthurt it suffers to this day when Poland kicked its ass and installed its own Tsar in Moscow. Which is a world record.

• Like 2

Long ago an English seer beheld the evil dancing that would emanate from the Emerald Isle, thus began the crusade to prevent and contain Riverdance. We failed, that is punishment enough, for the entire world.

• Like 4

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

What on Earth are you gibbering on about? I mean that figuratively, because obviously you're mental. Us Brits don't consider anybody as fully human, including ourselves. If you have walked down Tottenham Court Road on the run-up to Christmas you'll understand what I mean. Animals.

• Like 1

Dirty deeds done cheap.

'oby' wouldn't have a problem with any sort of violence. oby's in love with violence.

Hm....he is the God Emperor!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Because that's totally different from Russian supremacism and the systematic extermination of lesser peoples, both during the Tsar years (annexation and abuse of Poland come to mind, not to mention dozens of other nations and states) and during the Soviet Union years (whose genocidal policies and bodycount put Hitler to shame). 

Russia wasn't a brother, it was a bully. A bully with severe issues, like the butthurt it suffers to this day when Poland kicked its ass and installed its own Tsar in Moscow. Which is a world record.

Polandball detected.

Try teach History firstly. Litva (80 % of lands inhabitted by descendants of Kievan Rus) and Moscow principiate try become centres of unification of Russians, but Litva suffer terrible defeat from Golden Horde (and forced into Union with Poland for save yourself ), when Moscow succesfull beat them.  Rivalry with Poland continue  later because same reason, every side try become Slavic Empire, but after centuries of wars Poland has been defeated and at  least included into Russian Empire as province. This is wars for the crown, for throne, not for extermination or genocide.

Meanwhile situation around Ireland quite different, it's just long history of slavery and genocide. It's quite different cases.

Did'nt he try to blow up his car or something like that aswell, or was that some other nitwit?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Polandball detected.

Try teach History firstly. Litva (80 % of lands inhabitted by descendants of Kievan Rus) and Moscow principiate try become centres of unification of Russians, but Litva suffer terrible defeat from Golden Horde (and forced into Union with Poland for save yourself ), when Moscow succesfull beat them.  Rivalry with Poland continue  later because same reason, every side try become Slavic Empire, but after centuries of wars Poland has been defeated and at  least included into Russian Empire as province. This is wars for the crown, for throne, not for extermination or genocide.

Meanwhile situation around Ireland quite different, it's just long history of slavery and genocide. It's quite different cases.

Nope. Lithuania was never a part of Rus, it was a distinct political and ethnic group separate from the tribes of the east, just like the Balts, Poles, and so on and so forth. You might want to check your history book if it doesn't't contain Uncle Joe's portrait.

Regardless, if anything, you should read up on history yourself. Moscow and Russia were alternately Mongol allies or Mongol victims. the political union between Lithuania and Poland wasn't borne out of desperation due to the Golden Horde's victories. At the time, the future King Władysław made a peace pact with the Mongols, while Moscow was put under firm control of the Tatars. Because, y'know, they kicked their ass once, but then got steamrolled and crushed.

It's interesting that you're surprised that nations and states want to achieve greater and greater heights of power. Apparently Poland is bad because it had imperial ambitions (and de facto was an empire), while Russia is good, despite having the same ambitions. Maybe it's some kind of complex, since Russia was kicked around by various empires, with brief interludes of power, until Piotr I came around and slapped everyone with his enormous **** and forced the country to westernize.

By the way, the wars with Poland weren't wars for the crown. They were wars for supremacy that eventually culminated in a three-way partition of my nation by 1795. Which was not achieved through overt force, but by manipulating the nobility into selling out their country. I can't say you don't like variety, though. Katarzyna II took Poland apart with Prussia and Austria using subterfuge, then Stalin decided to take it apart with Hitler using brute force.

Hey, maybe all that butthurt is caused by neo-imperial Soviet Russia getting its ass kicked in 1920 by a barely reconstituted Poland and then falling apart after Poland was the first state to break away from the Soviets in 1989. Gee, no wonder you have issues.

Fell smell of burned pukans.

1, Full name of Grand Duchy of Lithuania is  Grand Duchy of Lithuania, Rus and Samogitia.
Majority of Grand Duchy lands inhabitted by Russians and Lithuania represent yourself as successor of  Kievan Rus, protector from Golden Horde and centre of Russian unification.
Lithuanian_state_in_13-15th_centuries.pn

544px-Baltic_Tribes_c_1200.svg.png

Greatest part of Ducy have name  "Grand Duchy of Rus".
http://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Велике_князівство_Руське

For comparision Moscow  principiate pretend to same role  role in Russian unification, but include into yourself much less Russian land.
800px-Rus-1389.png?uselang=ru

But then...

Battle of the Vorskla River - "Lithanians" (majority of troops are Russians)  completely defeated by Golden Horde, almost all Lithuanian army are exterminated. Meanwhile Moskowy succesfully continue raids against cities of Golden Horde and break backbone to Horde by this.  After this Moscow become major center of Russian  unification. Lithuania without army almost helpless and sign Union with Poles for save yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Vorskla_River

But with Poland/Lithania continue try return role of Rus unificator (in other words try play same role as Moscow) - this causing few centuries of wars between them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscovite%E2%80%93Lithuanian_Wars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish%E2%80%93Muscovite_War_(1605%E2%80%931618)

In result Poland/Lithuania  fail this task and slowly consumed by Russian Slavic Empire.

Main reason of Polish failure is Sarmatism (tied with extreme opression, segregation etc )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarmatism

Just for  lulz Russian version of Sarmatism - Normanism causing same failure of Russian Empire and Revolution.

All these anti-Russian hysteria in Poland invented only in XIX century and related with Polish nationalism, in other word this is just brainwashing from Polish elites for justifying of own reign. Same trick they use in first part of XX century, or today (clean my toilet or evil Russkies conquer you!).

Meanwhile Russians don't feel nothing to Poles and just ignore them.

Since posting that Zombie video, I can't get it out of my head. Just the same old thing, like in 1994.

Hard to believe that song only topped at #19 (Canada) and #18 (US) here respectively (#1 in Modern Rock however) The 90's gets a lot of slack for crappy music. There was great music then. The trouble was the Ace of Base's, Mariah Carey's, Celine Dion's, Boyz 2 Men's and All 4 One's were dominating the airwaves at the time. You were lucky when a gem sneaked through.

And Sunday Bloody Sunday.

As a result of these earworms, I had to hand them off to those around me at work. I was surprised when the guy who was training me had no idea what the troubles was; so hense he had no idea of what the context of either of those songs were about. He knew of the IRA, but had no clue what they were about. He's only a few years younger than me.

To be honest, I think that's kind of a good thing. Phasing out stupid bigotry. Still got a long way to go though.

• Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Fell smell of burned pukans.

1, Full name of Grand Duchy of Lithuania is Grand Duchy of Lithuania, Rus and Samogitia.

Majority of Grand Duchy lands inhabitted by Russians and Lithuania represent yourself as successor of Kievan Rus, protector from Golden Horde and centre of Russian unification.

See, it's apparent you don't realize that Ruś is a region, not synonymous with Russia. And if you're so hung up on names, I assume you also believe the Soviet Union was an actual Union with equality between participating states, rather than a de facto empire steered by Moscow?

You're basically using equivocation to back up your point, which is, y'know, a logical fallacy.

Greatest part of Ducy have name "Grand Duchy of Rus".

http://uk.wikipedia....язівство_Руське

Which never materialized, y'know? Here's your Grand Duchy of Rus.

Oh wait, it never existed because Russia invaded the Commonwealth. Probably based on the misguided notion that everyone in a land named Rus must be a Russian.

For comparision Moscow principiate pretend to same role role in Russian unification, but include into yourself much less Russian land.

Oh, so now the geographic region of Ruś is the sole property of Russia because of equivocation? Do tell me more.

But then...

Battle of the Vorskla River - "Lithanians" (majority of troops are Russians) completely defeated by Golden Horde, almost all Lithuanian army are exterminated. Meanwhile Moskowy succesfully continue raids against cities of Golden Horde and break backbone to Horde by this. After this Moscow become major center of Russian unification. Lithuania without army almost helpless and sign Union with Poles for save yourself.

http://en.wikipedia....e_Vorskla_River

Holy crap, you have no idea what you're talking about. In 1399, Poland and Lithuania were already joined together by personal union. For fourteen years. The battle of Vorskla river ended Vyatutas' ambitions at independence from Władysław II Jagiełło. It wasn't a defeat that forced Lithuania into Poland's arms, the union happened under different geopolitical circumstances and for a different reason.

Furthermore, since you are so fond of linking to Wikipedia in lieu of an argument, will you continue to ignore the fact that the principalities of Ruś were Mongol bitches for two centuries? That includes your beloved Moscow, which was sacked and burned down by them in 1382, three years before Lithuania threw its lot in with Poland.

But with Poland/Lithania continue try return role of Rus unificator (in other words try play same role as Moscow) - this causing few centuries of wars between them

http://en.wikipedia....Lithuanian_Wars

http://en.wikipedia...._War_(1605–1618)

Except Moscow never played the role of unificator until it arbitrarily decided to do so much later. In the 19th century. Look up panslavism. It didn't exist as a concept at the time of the wars, which were fought for political reasons, to undermine Polish-Lithuanian hegemony in the region.

In result Poland/Lithuania fail this task and slowly consumed by Russian Slavic Empire.

Main reason of Polish failure is Sarmatism (tied with extreme opression, segregation etc )

Just for lulz Russian version of Sarmatism - Normanism causing same failure of Russian Empire and Revolution.

All these anti-Russian hysteria in Poland invented only in XIX century and related with Polish nationalism, in other word this is just brainwashing from Polish elites for justifying of own reign. Same trick they use in first part of XX century, or today (clean my toilet or evil Russkies conquer you!).

Or maybe it's the centuries of war and strife with the Russia, often provoked by Russia itself, which culminated in the rape of Poland in the late 18th century and erasing it from the map for 123 years. 123 years of brutal occupation and subjugation of Polish people, suppressing uprisings, looting the lands, retarding their infrastructural and economic development. Then, after Poland threw off the yoke, trying to invade it in 1920 (and getting your arse kicked six ways to Sunday, which nearly, but sadly ultimately not, killed Stalin's career), then teaming up with Nazi Germany as best buddies and invading Poland in 1939, ethnic cleansing of occupied regions, mass executions of the Polish elite, and other such niceties.

After it turns out Nazis aren't their best buddies, reluctantly agreeing to Polish armies being reformed from gulag prisoners sent there by Stalin to die. And, of course, not properly supplying them because they're Poles. Then, after Anders goes "**** that ****" and joins up with the Brits in the Middle East after leaving the USSR through Iran, forming another Polish army under strict Soviet supervision and using it to install a puppet government in Poland to create a vassal state. And then occupying it for over 44 years, retarding its infrastructural, economical, and societal development, resulting in long lasting consequences that still echo to this day.

So yeah, we have reasons to dislike Russian imperialism. I have nothing against Russians, but I do have issues with the Russian state, or rather, tsardom Putin is creating.

Meanwhile Russians don't feel nothing to Poles and just ignore them.

Sure, exploiting the problematic Polish-Russian relations is totally not the reason for the National Unity Day, when you celebrate the ejection of Polish occupation forces from Moscow. Nor were they used as a political tool by countless rulers in Russian history, most notably the Romanow dynasty.

Edited by Tagaziel
  • Like 3