Hello

Kroney

I guess I'll post an introduction thread, I wouldn't want to drag another thread off topic too much. Hello to Humanoid, Gfted1, Gorgon and any of the other old BIS lot who're still knocking about. It's rather nice to be remembered by a few people after so long!

For the guys I don't know, hello to you too. Try not to hold my little ego-party against me. I promise I'm alright, really.

Edited by Kroney
  • Like 1

Dirty deeds done cheap.

Only been back a couple years myself, but like an old glove, fit back in just fine.

Weird to think about it, but this place has been around for longer than all its predecessors combined, even adding together the communities that ran concurrently. And yet shortly it'll be the tenth anniversary of starting here. Sure doesn't feel like it to me.

• Like 3

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Weird to feel like a new boy. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Only been back a couple years myself, but like an old glove, fit back in just fine.

Weird to think about it, but this place has been around for longer than all its predecessors combined, even adding together the communities that ran concurrently. And yet shortly it'll be the tenth anniversary of starting here. Sure doesn't feel like it to me.

It all seems a really long time ago to me. I still have all of my own hair though, so that's nice.

Dirty deeds done cheap.

I guess I'll post an introduction thread, I wouldn't want to drag another thread off topic too much. Hello to Humanoid, Gfted1, Gorgon and any of the other old BIS lot who're still knocking about. It's rather nice to be remembered by a few people after so long!

For the guys I don't know, hello to you too. Try not to hold my little ego-party against me. I promise I'm alright, really.

Hi Kroney

Never met you before but welcome back :)

These forums still rock and since the inception of PE they are full of new members who are humorous, intelligent, insightful, reasonable and just all round nice guys, like me :p   (oh did I mention modest )

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That's a very accurate and nice comment Humanoid, good one  :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The forums are filled with low-life reprobates now, so you may have wished you would have not returned.

Not really, but a splash of negativity is needed to balance out BruceVC's super-positivity.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Is it me you're looking for?

Edit: Lionel Richie aside, very nice to meet you sir, you gentlemen built a very nice community.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

The forums are filled with low-life reprobates now, so you may have wished you would have not returned.

Not really, but a splash of negativity is needed to balance out BruceVC's super-positivity.

I am beginning to suspect that he's on some sort of super anti-depressants. FFS he makes ME look dour!

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

...welcome back, lad...hard ta believe in a li'l o'er a week it'll be the ten-year o' the sinkin' o' the Isle, more's the pity...brings a tear ta me eye, it does... :(

...betcha missed me optimism... :lol:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Is it me you're looking for?

Edit: Lionel Richie aside, very nice to meet you sir, you gentlemen built a very nice community.

Oh, it's the people that are currently on a site that make a community, not the people that left!

...welcome back, lad...hard ta believe in a li'l o'er a week it'll be the ten-year o' the sinkin' o' the Isle, more's the pity...brings a tear ta me eye, it does... :(

Sargie, as I live and breathe. Got to admire your persistence with your posting style. Is it only ten years? It seems much longer.

Hi Kroney, I remember you from the BIS days. You also used to have a Danger Mouse avatar.

How are you doing? I did. I was a bit of an avatar ****.

• Like 1

Dirty deeds done cheap.

Sargie, as I live and breathe. Got to admire your persistence with your posting style. Is it only ten years? It seems much longer.

...seems a lifetime ago, lad, it does...was fun while theys lasted...now we's jus' ol' an', accordin' ta me rugrast, anyways, fat & crusty...ain't they peaches...:p

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

• 2 weeks later...

...seems a lifetime ago, lad, it does...was fun while theys lasted...now we's jus' ol' an', accordin' ta me rugrast, anyways, fat & crusty...ain't they peaches... :p

Any idea what happened to the rest of the old lot? Krezack and Tess and Lanie and Rayt and Onkel and so on?

Dirty deeds done cheap.

Krez changed his screenname to Humodour for whatever reason - user names are a fluid thing on this forum software - but hasn't been around for some months. Tess made a ninjapost in the Tarna thread as Keturah, but was a one-off visit. Lanie drops by for whirlwind visits now and then. Haven't seen the Rayt and Onkel in forever. HKD made a disappearing act as well, as did slowtrain, but there have been a couple sightings lately.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Pretty rude of them not to be around when I finally make an unannounced return after six years, really. I really do not approve of this business of other people having lives that aren't lived to my convenience at all.

• Like 1

Dirty deeds done cheap.

Pretty rude of them not to be around when I finally make an unannounced return after six years, really. I really do not approve of this business of other people having lives that aren't lived to my convenience at all.

:lol: that made me laugh

John Milton 

:lol: that made me laugh

But isn't that because you're as high as a kestrel on dagga?

-Elwood Blues