What you did today

Rosbjerg

Hang in there, Nep. :)

Personally haven't been sleeping too well. Didn't get more than eight hours sleep total over the past four days. I hope I don't start hallucinating again.

I had a couple of days like that last spring. That blows.

Feeling a bit better now that I unburdened myself to my boss about my future plans. Still not giving a ****, but now it's in a less depressed way. :p

I think you should learn to play banjo.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Those are some ugly badges, lucky the backer site is still busted so I am without mine for a while.  My team is in full on DGAF mode of late, is rather funny when customers contact us and we find a way so we can avoid helping them :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hang in there, Nep. :)

Personally haven't been sleeping too well. Didn't get more than eight hours sleep total over the past four days. I hope I don't start hallucinating again.

I had a couple of days like that last spring. That blows.

Feeling a bit better now that I unburdened myself to my boss about my future plans. Still not giving a ****, but now it's in a less depressed way. :p

I think you should learn to play banjo.

But why? I'm not sexually attracted to my sister?!

In fact, I don't even have a sister!

:p

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Was just an off the cuff remark. But to follow through I think you worry too much about your work environment. You need some stuff outside work, and an opportunity to vent some of your wilder tendencies.

Banjo's just an example of something you could do that is technically challenging, would introduce you to new people, and give you a complete break.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The Ukulele has become incredibly popular of late as an instrument to learn.....

Surrounded by a bunch of Christmas cards, and chasing up addresses to put on them...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Was just an off the cuff remark. But to follow through I think you worry too much about your work environment. You need some stuff outside work, and an opportunity to vent some of your wilder tendencies.

Eh, I worry about work because it's the only life I've had for the past 2-3 years. This place hasn't been conducive to changing that aspect of my life, which is why I'm looking at getting back to an actual city instead of an old market square with a couple of buildings around it. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Eh, I worry about work because it's the only life I've had for the past 2-3 years. This place hasn't been conducive to changing that aspect of my life, which is why I'm looking at getting back to an actual city instead of an old market square with a couple of buildings around it. ;)

Makes sense. Kudos to you for making the jump. :)

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

No market square is complete without a disaffected lawyer pickin' at a banjo.

• Like 3

I hear what Walsie is saying and I get what he means but I don't think you can understate the importance of a healthy work environment, especially when we spend a lot of time working. Personally I love my job and since work is one of the things in life that I do believe defines us if you aren't happy at work then you need to fix that and take it seriously

Also Nep you are in a fortunate position due to your education and experience  where I assume you can get work in other cities, many people are stuck in a job they hate and they can't get another decent job even if they wanted to

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well after spending the last week commuting to a different place for work I'm back home.  No more 1:30 to 2:10 commutes from home to work for now! Yay me.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well after spending the last week commuting to a different place for work I'm back home.  No more 1:30 to 2:10 commutes from home to work for now! Yay me.

Nice, there can't be a few things more frustrating than a long trip to and from work

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've been craming for my final two finals. Only slept four hours and have consumed enough tea to fill the Boston Harbour. Going to celebrate when I get home tonight.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Couldn't decide what phrase or whatever that I'd want to put on my P.E. "in game memorial" option, so I decided to sleep on it. I've now slept, and I still can't decide.

A cat joke, perhaps? :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Couldn't decide what phrase or whatever that I'd want to put on my P.E. "in game memorial" option, so I decided to sleep on it. I've now slept, and I still can't decide.

M. Harvey, Hopeful Misanthrope

-Elwood Blues

I think that would be cute :cat:

• Like 1

John Milton 

I've got to ponder on how to refer to myself for the in-credits thanks as well. Forum name, real name, some quirky amusing thing or what...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I've got to ponder on how to refer to myself for the in-credits thanks as well. Forum name, real name, some quirky amusing thing or what...

A sagacious sorcerer who suffers not from somnolence ?

John Milton 

Nice, there can't be a few things more frustrating than a long trip to and from work

Particularly when the drive - excluding "traffic" should only take 40 minutes...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Having the same issue.  I think I'm going to try to say Hi to my Grandfather.  We have a common interest in CRPGs, although he's migrated to WoW pretty exclusively lately.  He did quite like the IE games, so I'm hoping that a spiritual successor can pull him back.  (If I had been willing to go the full 1K to design a character, it would've been him.) 

I've been slowly testing the waters with my boss with regard to casual banter and nerd-culture fluency.  Today I dropped some joking 1337SP34K into an email reply.  No response yet.  

• Like 4

Having the same issue.  I think I'm going to try to say Hi to my Grandfather.  We have a common interest in CRPGs, although he's migrated to WoW pretty exclusively lately.  He did quite like the IE games, so I'm hoping that a spiritual successor can pull him back.  (If I had been willing to go the full 1K to design a character, it would've been him.) 

I've been slowly testing the waters with my boss with regard to casual banter and nerd-culture fluency.  Today I dropped some joking 1337SP34K into an email reply.  No response yet.  

He probably thinks it's a virus.

-Elwood Blues

That's awesome that your grandfather plays RPG's :)

• Like 1

John Milton 

He has you marked as a person to watch from now on.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No market square is complete without a disaffected lawyer pickin' at a banjo.

From now on, whenever I'm in a market square, I'll always be looking for that lawyer.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

I'm very impressed by all the new fancy badges on the forums.

I went with First name "Hurlshot" Last name on the credits.

I haven't seen and Watcher badges yet outside of as a test on a moderator

I'm curious to see if any of the $5,000+  backers are regulars or if they would even out themselves. The gold badges are pretty impressive too at a range of $500-4999

Free games updated 3/4/21