RAnDoM VidEO GAmE NeWS

LadyCrimson

This was only a matter of time.

I don't know if I'm glad or sad by all the game legends leaving their companies.

id hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire the past decade or so, it was time for Carmack to move on.  They can make mediocre shooters just fine without him.  Oculus Rift is a far more exciting project than anything id has done since Quake 3, maybe longer.  His talents are better served working on that.

Yes but I man's company is the reflection of his hard work, what does it say about this industry that men are willing to walk away from what they spend years trying to build?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Pirate RPG Raven's Cry set for release on May 7

From the developers of Two Worlds with some delightfully bumbled buzzwords.

90% sure it will be better than Risen 2.

It's made by Reality Pump, I'm 90% sure it will be garbage.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

90% sure it will be better than Risen 2.

It's made by Reality Pump, I'm 90% sure it will be garbage.

Reality Pump > CD Projekt

They're the turtle beating the hare.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if Raven's Cry wound up being great.  For one thing, I'm definitely down with pirate themed games and movies, even if the genre has gotten saturated as of late. For another, Reality Pump is a company from the motherland, so by blood I am compelled to like them. It's just that they haven't made a halfway decent game as of yet, in my opinion.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yes but I man's company is the reflection of his hard work, what does it say about this industry that men are willing to walk away from what they spend years trying to build?

That he wants to move on and try something else?

Here is the thing, if he wants to try something else within the field of gaming then why not use his company. Has gaming gotten so corporate that a man doesn't own his own company anymore? I still remember when Id was a small studio and I loved the everliving **** out of Doom. I guess I just had different expectations for this industry while I was growing up and it is a bit sad to see the way the wind is blowing.

If he on the other hand is dropping out to focus on the craft of origami then I totally support his choice, even if I don't like origami.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

That he wants to move on and try something else?

Here is the thing, if he wants to try something else within the field of gaming then why not use his company. Has gaming gotten so corporate that a man doesn't own his own company anymore? I still remember when Id was a small studio and I loved the everliving **** out of Doom. I guess I just had different expectations for this industry while I was growing up and it is a bit sad to see the way the wind is blowing.

If he on the other hand is dropping out to focus on the craft of origami then I totally support his choice, even if I don't like origami.

That's correct.  It's owned by ZeniMax.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

As stated by Keyrock, Zenimax owns id Software now (and has for some time).

Further, starting his own 3D headset might not be what he's interested in doing, especially if Oculus was all "Would you like to join us?"

As stated by Keyrock, Zenimax owns id Software now (and has for some time).

Further, starting his own 3D headset might not be what he's interested in doing, especially if Oculus was all "Would you like to join us?"

Or maybe he was all like  "Help me"

village_idiot.gif

It kind of makes sense from both sides.  id is a software developer, and one highly focused (on FPS games), they don't make hardware. Also, ZeniMax may be quite wary of investing considerable time and money into developing a hardware peripheral, because, you know, that worked out so well for THQ. Carmack maybe wants to do something else than developing FPS games and game engines since he's been doing that for over 20 years and when you do something for that long, you can fall into a rut and stagnate on the creativity front (the last couple id titles seem to support this theory).

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

He had also become somewhat critical of the state of the industry, I think he may be excited to work on something that may change the face of gaming. 

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

He had also become somewhat critical of the state of the industry, I think he may be excited to work on something that may change the face of gaming. 

Absolutely.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Floored last night/this morning by Atlus' master-level trolling (SD non-canon P3/4 crossover 1st person dungeon crawler with scooby-doo style logo for 3DS, P4 rhythm/dancing game for Vita,) of the Persona fanbase before announcing Persona 5 (winter 2014, PS3.)

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1

I thought both Two Worlds were enjoyable. I know they had there obvious flaws but the good outweighed the bad IMO. I particularly liked the way you could create your own potions and spells

So I'll definitely give this game a try :)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Floored last night/this morning by Atlus' master-level trolling (SD non-canon P3/4 crossover 1st person dungeon crawler with scooby-doo style logo for 3DS, P4 rhythm/dancing game for Vita,) of the Persona fanbase before announcing Persona 5 (winter 2014, PS3.)

I'm definitely a fan of Atlus, due in no small part to my hard on for MegaTen games.  The fact that they have an awesome mascot

JackFrost.png

And that they like to troll their customers makes me like them even more.  That dungeon crawler for 3DS will likely be pretty boss too.  Hopefully they make another Devil Survivor game in the near future.  That's my favorite MegaTen spinoff.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Saints Row 4: How the Saints saved Christmas. DLC coming soon.

Heh. I enjoyed the hell out of the "Enter the Dominatrix" DLC.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Saints Row 4: How the Saints saved Christmas. DLC coming soon.

Heh. I enjoyed the hell out of the "Enter the Dominatrix" DLC.

Agreed.  Like most of their DLCs the value for the (full) price is questionable at best, on account of its (lack of) length, but it definitely brought plenty of LULZ.  I like LULZ.  This next DLC looks like it will be worth it for the sweater alone:

xmas_m1_arrive_720p-noscale.jpg

That sweater it pretty dang fabulous.  :yes:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Looking forward to the Persona 5 for sure.  Also new news on the fighter sequel.  And I really need a 3DS...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Goddamn, that's a nice sweater.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy